N-Europe

Holiday Pics & Vids: New Vid - Climbing a Mountain, 3936 feet above sea level

Mokong

Hey guys, I'm back from my 6 weeks in the Philippines. Had a good holiday, now back to normality, cold weather and job hunting :(

Landed in Dublin yesterday afternoon then drove home.... not sure but have and been sleep driving for a bit :woops: Still a bit knackered right now so for now here's some pics for ye. (There's more on my facebook if anyone has me added there... if not... find me :P)

This first one is Oisín and Joy on Oisín's first flight (Dublin - Abu Dhabi with Eitihad)

SDC16079.jpg

We stayed 2 nights in Manila first at the H20 Hotel at Manila Ocean Park, we stayed in an Aqua room, instead of a window there's a giant aqaurium, pretty cool waking up in the morning, haha

SDC16090.jpg

Entrance to the Ocean Park

SDC16105.jpg

A "Fish Spa" in the park... these "Nibble Fish" aparently eat dead skin cells from your feet... pretty weird sensation when you first step in

SDC16124.jpg

This is from my grandmothers 89th birthday party... that is her to the right of me

SDC16297.jpg

This is one fully roasted pig that we ate for my grandmothers birthday... there was other food also but how often do you see a whole roasted pig.

SDC16285.jpg

Oisín with both pairs of his grandparents

SDC16994.jpg

Valenties Day me and Joy stayed at a beach resort (my mom looked after the baby for the day), this is from the dinner the resort set up for us, included in our room rate, Valentines Offer they had going on.

SDC17345.jpg

These next set of pics if from Feb 20th when some of my cousins and I climbed Mt. Napulak (3936 feet). We started on Fen 19th and went to Joy's grandads house which is conveintly at the bottom of the mountain (and also in the middle of nowhere).

This pick is of how we got from the main town centre to as far as the road would go. 8 of us and only 2 bikes, 4 people on one bike. Cops here would have a fit if someone tried that here... also note, no helmets :heh:

SDC17456.jpg

About halfway up the climb

SDC17526.jpg

Reaching the summit which has this giant rock at the top... how the hell did this thing get there

SDC17643.jpg

Group shot at base of rock, took 3 hours 7 mins to get there (yes I timed it)

SDC17566.jpg

Climbing up the rock... not easy and the thing was more than 2 stories high, not for anyone with a fear of heights

SDC17573.jpg

View from the top

SDC17602.jpg

Edited by Mokong

Reaching the summit which has this giant rock at the top... how the hell did this thing get there

SDC17643.jpg

Atleast there are mountains around, Go to ayres rock in australia, there is absolutely nothing around except a big 'ol rock, very freaky.

Cheers guys

Atleast there are mountains around, Go to ayres rock in australia, there is absolutely nothing around except a big 'ol rock, very freaky.

That is actually on the list for when Oisín is a little older. Plan to one day on the way to the Philippines fly to Australia first for a few days/week then up to the Philippines after that.

Anyway only just unpacking my suitcase today (yes 2 days after getting home... I am lazy). And found some things I thought I should show off.

Got some new custom t-shirts made up, got a cousin of mine in Manila to get them for me, there's a few shops there now where you can get these done up.

These are all made by hand by airbrush, quality workman ship here.

Firstly an N-Europe shirt... thought "I've been here 9 years now, bout time I had a shirt to advertise the site whenever I go outside, haha", just the logo on the front.

SDC17808.jpg

Then a new Tales of Symphonia shirt with Lloyd on the back. Already have 2 ToS shirts from before, one with Lloyd another with Sheena. But the first Lloyd one I have was before they put the logos on by airbrush and it was just a shitty iron-on thing they made and that's all faded now. Since then they've started doing the logos properly and the Sheena one has is proper non-fading airbrushed logo. SO thought I should get a new Lloyd shirt.

Front

SDC17810.jpg

Back

SDC17811.jpg

And also, since I've invested over 510hours into this next game I just had to have a shirt to display the love I have for this game. Of course I mean Monster Hunter 3. I got a Rathalos on the back, wasn't my first choice, would have prefered a Jho or Bari maybe but couldn't find a good enough high res pics or artwork but that Los does look awesome on it.

Front

SDC17813.jpg

Back

SDC17814.jpg

The N-E one cost about 13 euro and the other two approx 20euro each. Awesome price for something made by hand like that. If anyone did that here it would prolly cost double or more.

Also uploading my first video from the holiday right now, just some clips of on the way over to Manila from Dublin airport till we get there. Of course there's more vids to come over the next few days/weeks.

EDIT:

First video just finsihed uploading

Edited by Mokong

I posted about this after it happened, can't remember if it was in Gen or in the Staff boards though, but in the afternoon of the same day the previous video took place, Joy and I (and baby) went to a nearby Mall (Mall of Asia, 4 largest Mall in the world).

I wanted a go on the iceskating rink as I never Iceskated before and always wanted to.

As you can guess didn't end well

That's obviously a Metroid Breeding Room! But they had either just been fed or were being kept in some sort of paralysis since they didn't try to break the glass and attack people.

Maybe they'd just been fed... I had thought there seemed to be more people around he park previously that all just seemed to vanish... that or it was getting late :heh:

I like how you basically said "wench! Film me for an hour!" :P

haha, she didn't film for the full hour. I think maybe 10mins or so :awesome:

Dude, those are actually bitching T-Shirts :D

And nice videos!

I bet the ToS one is what caught your eye :wink:

New video uploaded

Just a vid on the hotel we stayed in in Manila, Hotel H20, uploaded to compliment my Tripadvisor review (just submitted that, awaiting publishing).

This is last vid from when we were in Manila, next vid (will upload tomorrow morning) is some clips from my grandmothers 89th birthday :))

The anyone here now the "Happy Brithday to You" song is actually copyrighted :heh:

Had to remove and reupload the video of my Grandmothers birthday minus the family singing "Happy Birthday" :heh:

Anyway also upped a new vid.

The drive from my mothers hometown to the city takes an hour, here it is in 10 mins... you might spot (if your quick) a few Filipino driving habits such as riding motobikes with no helmets and overloading motorbikes :heh:

New video with a bit of Filipino Culture for ye.

This is a collection of clips from a "Tribes Contest" of the Salakayan Festival (basically annual town festival each town/city gives a different name to theirs) of Joy's hometown, Miagao.

Each "Tribe" is actually representing a local high school, not an actual tribe :heh:

• 2 weeks later...

Final Video Bumpage (yay says everyone :heh:)

This is footage of when I went climbing a mountain to 3936 feet above sea level

And there is a bonus hidden vid attached to it, which is just pics from the climb which I'll also embed here to make it easy for ye :wink: