NEurope
ReZourceman

Paul (Movie)

paul_movie_poster.jpg

This movie was really awesome. Better than I thought it was going to be. Superb cast and shhhiiitttt loads of awesome cameos.

And Invincible was shown in one form or another like 10 times. :D

Im looking forward to seeing it, hopefully go with Goafer at some point.

I hear Collectormania was also mentioned in it, the place where we were all disapointed on the comic turn out ReZ!

Thought the trailer looked a bit shitty, which had me worried. Plus I thought Edgar Wright might be the main part of the trio that made things all 'work' in Shaun / hf.

Good to see people here enjoyed it though. Will be giving it a watch.

Watched it yesterday (don't mind seeing it again Happenstance!). It was surprisingly good. I had my reservations about it, but it was ace.

"3 tits. Awesome"

and

"Get off her you bitch!"

There were some good parts but nowhere near Hot Fuzz. Too many "cheap" jokes imo. I saw it last week so I can't remember them but that's what I thought at the time.

I thought it was really funny. Probably not as funny as hot fuzz initially was but for me, Hot Fuzz is only funny the first couple of watches. I can see this making me laugh each time and I love the references in it... a couple of Invincible and Battlestar references here and there :yay:

I can see this making me laugh each time and I love the references in it... a couple of Invincible and Battlestar references here and there :yay:

Ah I see, they went right over my head :p

Yeah there's probably a fair few I didn't get. Invincible was only background stuff, t-shirts and posters but they did reference battlestar at least twice. Also Jason Bateman is always win.

Yeah the Invincible references were....borderline ridiculous. I LOVED. I saw (if I'm remembering them all)

- (Simon Pegg's) T-shirt. Was distraught when he changed into SW.

- Omnibus 1

- Nick Frost reading Brit (same universe)

- Omnibus on desk in comic shop

- #53 on swivel shelf in comic shop

- T-shirt on wall in comic shop

I keep seeing this thread and thinking it's about me.

I'm so vain. There should be a movie of me.

But seriously, I should watch this, yes?

- (Simon Pegg's) T-shirt. Was distraught when he changed into SW.

Didn't that one get ruined at the end though? Better that he changed out of it

;)

Saw this today, I wasn't expecting it to be that good. I'm not really a fan of their previous films, but I was pleasantly surprised. Really good film that made me laugh all the way through.

My thoughts? Good references (did I spot a Super Mario World cart?!) but rubbish film with a crap ending. Only went to see it cos the cinema listings were different online to what they actually were showing. :nono:

I have one question: the kid in the comic shop. Keith Nash, afaik. Is that a reference to something...?