NEurope
Beast

Lady Gaga

I'm not really sure how performing to an extreme is a valid criticism though? If you're going to write pop songs, you might as well perform them interestingly. Point is: why isn't Britney doing the same thing? If Britney dressed interestingly, perhaps her SHIT music would be more digestible?

Plus, I don't think she's ever claimed to be original, considering you can spot her influences a mile off. And she heart McQueen etc.

Its just a bit of fun really, not meant to criticise her really.

(And if you're going to parody something, at least make the production as good as the original.)

Basically impossible for any and all parodies ever.

I didn't think it criticised her at all, I thought it did the exact opposite and, as ReZ has already said, it's just a bit of fun.

The Edge of Glory video is terrible. It's nothing like what the song demands. "Dancing" in the street for 5 minutes is just not good enough. It speaks volumes when the (brilliant) Google Chrome advert she did accompanying the song is miles better.

The Edge of Glory video is terrible. It's nothing like what the song demands. "Dancing" in the street for 5 minutes is just not good enough. It speaks volumes when the (brilliant) Google Chrome advert she did accompanying the song is miles better.
I disagree.

I like the 'change of pace' for this video... and it also allows the song to shine through.

I find the parody a bit basic just like the new video from Lady Gaga.

She has bored me this year so far. :heh:

I find the parody a bit basic just like the new video from Lady Gaga.

She has bored me this year so far. :heh:

The album's just going from strength to strength for me... I get more from it the more I listen to it and talk about it.

And she herself continues to impress me aswell, her interviews and live performances have been fantastic.

Edited by Retro_Link

I disagree.

I like the 'change of pace' for this video... and it also allows the song to shine through.

There's a difference between changing the pace from her previous video's, and making a video like this. The song is about her Grandfathers death. It's about life coming to the end, and being on the 'Edge of Glory'. The most this video says is "I'm on the edge of a balcony with a severe lack of charisma".

Don't get me wrong. I love the song. It just deserves better.

There's a video where someone has cut it to go with Marry The Night. Much, much better.

Edited by Slaggis

The album's just going from strength to strength for me... I get more from it the more I listen to it and talk about it.

And she herself continues to impress me aswell, her interviews and live performances have been fantastic.

I enjoy her live performances but I feel her new album is a step backwards. For me, The Fame Monster disc 2:

1. Bad Romance"

2. Alejandro

3. Monster

4. Speechless

5. Dance in the Dark

6. Telephone (featuring Beyoncé)

8. Teeth

Is perfect Gaga for me. Whilst the new songs are still catchy they lack "something." :)

I feel her new album is a step backwards. Whilst the new songs are still catchy they lack "something." :)

ca83ea.gif

Nooooooo! :cry:

Born This Way is the soundtrack! Have you not heard "The Queen", "Bad Kids" and "Bloody Mary"?

I love her artistic knowledge. She makes many references to Dali, surrealism etc. It's not much but it makes me happy whenever I hear her referencing them.

We are not just life-forms Michelangelo can carve away the aggro of my furied heart.

She sweeps me away. Of course I do love The Fame Monster but certain tracks like Monster & So Happy I Could Die are much too laborious to listen through, personally. There doesn't seem to be any 'fillers' per-sé on her new album.

(It's great how she's already writing new material! :D)

I've listened to it all many times so far! She is still like my 3rd most listened to artist on Last.fm (because her music is easy to play) but it isn't connecting with me in anyway. Unlike say Fleet Foxes, Cults and EMA who are life.

Maybe I need to pay more attention to the lyrics but I don't feel they have evolved into anything great, yet.

I do like how she is constantly changing herself though. :)

Isla, the way she goes from So Happy I Could Die into Teeth (my favourite song) is excellent. :grin:

I guess I was expecting more because it is a "good" album. Just with not as much flow or focus, in my opinion.

The Queen is a bit crap, Frank. I like the *doesn't know the right word* mid-song tempo change. Otherwise it can diaf.

But yeah, tbf this whole album blows everything she did before (especially production wise) out of the water. Fame Monster is still decent, but The Fame especially looks like absolute crap (which it kinda always was...) in comparison.

Well that was a boring video. Looks like when she's left to her own devices she struts one outfit and tries to do some sexy poses and fails.

Looks like when she's left to her own devices
What are u talking about, everything she does is her.

You don't like her... we get it. Why bother wasting ur time.

Yes, why don't you just piss off out of this thread if you are so unimpressed by everything she does. :indeed:

Why can't I give my opinion. There's negative and positive sides, I can give it if I want.

We all know you like her, just piss off if you love everything she does.

And it is when she is left to her own devices because she got rid of the director, dance crew and basically didn't use the set and storyline that was created for the video.

Why can't I give my opinion. There's negative and positive sides, I can give it if I want.

We all know you like her, just piss off if you love everything she does.

And it is when she is left to her own devices because she got rid of the director, dance crew and basically didn't use the set and storyline that was created for the video.

When there are threads for things I'm not interested in/don't like, I just don't go in them. I don't waste my time by just going into them to post my constant dislike at everything, be rude and piss people off. I don't get what you're trying to achieve.

You've made your opinion on her clear, and it doesn't change, so why would anyone want to read ur constant negativity?

Yes it's very odd that you even continue to watch her output. Why bother? Maybe you should spend your time watching artists that you DO like?

The Queen is a bit crap, Frank. I like the *doesn't know the right word* mid-song tempo change. Otherwise it can diaf.

But yeah, tbf this whole album blows everything she did before (especially production wise) out of the water. Fame Monster is still decent, but The Fame especially looks like absolute crap (which it kinda always was...) in comparison.

:(

Well, I can understand "The Queen" dislike regarding the beginning but the end...oh wow. That is actually one of my favorite parts from the album. You know? It begins with,

Staaaaaaaarry niiiiiight come inside me like never before, don't forget me when I come crying to heaaaven's dooor.

Mon coeur ne batte que pour vous.

Yes it's very odd that you even continue to watch her output. Why bother? Maybe you should spend your time watching artists that you DO like?

How is this any different to the Britney Spears thread where everyone just goes on about how shit she is. Or is it only okay to be positive about the artists you like.

I don't absolutely hate Gaga, I think she's all right. But I can still say whatever I want.

Why don't you just never go onto the Britney thread if you hate her so much. Who turned you into the opinion police.

I'll say bad things about it until she does something good.

When there are threads for things I'm not interested in/don't like, I just don't go in them. I don't waste my time by just going into them to post my constant dislike at everything, be rude and piss people off. I don't get what you're trying to achieve.

You've made your opinion on her clear, and it doesn't change, so why would anyone want to read ur constant negativity?

Same to you, why did you even go into the Britney thread?

Why did people even go into the Beyonce thread. Or Comedy Rainbow, or Ocarina of Time, or WiiU, or anything if they're going to say a negative thing. A thread is about opinions, and if you don't like them, ignore them, instead of getting pissy and defensive.

Same to you, why did you even go into the Britney thread?
Because I don't dislike Britney.

She's capable of better so I'll say her latest stuff is crap because I feel it is in relation to other stuff she's done in the past.

And it's the same in the Beyonce thread... I gave an opinion on the stuff I liked of hers off the last album, aswell as the opinion that her new song is shit.

The difference with you and this thread is that all signs point to you not liking any aspect of Gaga, and taking the chance to insult her where you can... yet you continue to follow what she does.

I don't dislike any point of Gaga. I like some of her songs. I even said before that after watching an interview she seemed pretty nice. I don't like certain things, like her new video.

If liking one of her things is enough to be allowed to give negative comments about someone, then I tick that box. I like Judas, I like Papparazzi. I just never told you. I know it in my head and don't feel the need to say it.

Whether you think I hate her or not is irrelevant. You're wasting so much time and effort, which you seem to claim is so precious, complaining about anything I say about it. Well I could say the same thing. Why even bother complain? Just read it and move on.

Really Diageo don't flatter yourself by thinking I waste any time caring over what you think. I'm just simply replying to your questions.

If me posting here is a "bother", then you replying to me is a "bother". I was going on the premises you made that posting is some sort of laborious task as well as entering this thread.

And I never claimed you cared. I even told you to ignore it and move on. Let the comments flow, good and bad. It's not like any real discussion ever comes out of music threads.