NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Stocka

'How the Nintendo Revolution works'

I never thought of using the controller in that way for racing games, if they do that then there shouldn't be anything to worry about there.

I never thought of using the controller in that way for racing games, if they do that then there shouldn't be anything to worry about there.

Pretty lame video, but the F-Zero part is good. I suppose i gave it no slack because its just a concept vid. But whatever.

I'v been thinking about this way to play a race game but....can we really do that with the controller? and if we are a little tired and can't gat the car going straight?? I really hope to see this working 'cause play Mario Kart will get us veeeery tired:bouncy:

Would the pad actually even work like that? not that i'm 100% down with the mechanism of the pad or anything.

Would the pad actually even work like that? not that i'm 100% down with the mechanism of the pad or anything.

Thats exactly how the pad can work. It's up to the developers how they want it to work

There's a thread about these movies further down the forum...

The Zelda one was made on my request :D

that is actually a very good idea! it is possible because its tilt sensitive. i wondered what the a and b buttons at the end were for

that is actually a very good idea! it is possible because its tilt sensitive. i wondered what the a and b buttons at the end were for

when you tilt the controller for the racing game, that way i think they said is how youll hold the controller to play old NES games. becasue it was only 2 buttons and a d-pad.

I have an old joypad which is tilt sensitive. (Microsoft Sidewinde pro)

But it is VERY difficult to use in racing games and such. It is difficult to make a sharp turn or keep it steady. So im hoping the rev-controller will do it a lot better.

Yeah....the controller would be wicked for F-Zero now i think about it!!!....You could tilt it the other way to help you slide as well!!

that was great the is exacly how i expected it to work but seeing it like that is brilliant.

I always thought that was how racing games would work...

because the controller can spin around another meaning of the word revolution :D

Yeah, I cant believe people WOULDN'T think thats how racing games would have worked!!! This video is awful, shows nothing really! Only the obvious

But i was always under the impression that the top of the pad had to aim at the revo or tv (which it should be near) so if you turn it like that horizontally, would it actually still work like that - thats what i wanted to know, i bout the other stuff seen the trailers, got the shirt and all that business.

i think all that stuff is possible and much more. whether you would like the set up to be like that or not is another story but i liked it and it has made me a little more excited for the rev release

thats the way ive thought its going to work...well presides the f-zero bit that would be cool if it turned out to drive like that

Sign in to follow this