NEurope
Dan_Dare

Buried

I just caught this film tonight.

And pretty damn good it was too-the premise is simple: Ryan Reynolds wakes up in a coffin with a zippo and a mobile phone. The rest follows. It's a really quite ingenious bit of film partially because the camera never actually leaves the box the whole time Reynold's character is trapped in there- so an entire feature length film set in a plywood crate.

It works though- partially because of a great performance by Reynolds, partially down to a sharp script that, while occasionally heavy handed, keeps you guessing and is generally well paced and clever.

Well worth a watch, especially after such an earnest oscar season you should probably watch something low fi and nasty. DO NOT, however, watch this if you have claustrophobia. I don't, and my heart was pounding.

I loved this movie a lot. Everything was very well done in my opinion. The best way to watch this movie is in the dark with your headphones on. Boy does it make you feel like you're in there with him! A friend of mine has claustrophobia and he watched it in the dark with headphones and he thought it was the scariest movie he's seen. I can see where he's coming from, I find this ten times scarier than most horror movies made today.

It really does show that you don't need blood, guts and jumpscares to make a scary movie. People who make these horror movies should take some notes, this is how you make a true scary movie! Guys, PLEASE watch this in pitch black, no lights showing whatsoever and with your headphones on!

I've been meaning to watch this. Interesting that it was released to close to 127 hours. Seem like very different films considering they're about a similar idea. I think 127h was missing the sense of claustrophobia and trap-ment that it seems you get with this...

I'm scared/excited/moved just watching the trailer. I NEED to watch this.

I've been meaning to watch this. Interesting that it was released to close to 127 hours. Seem like very different films considering they're about a similar idea. I think 127h was missing the sense of claustrophobia and trap-ment that it seems you get with this...

I wouldn't exactly compare the two- Buried is a kind of horror/ thriller mix so a better comparison would be Phonebooth with elements of the original Saw.

I went to see this at Halloween and I thought it was really good. There was a danger that it could be boring but it wasn't and watching it I never felt at ease. Tbh, I don't wanna say too much incase I mention any spoilers. I recommended it to someone and I think they rented it this weekend, I should text him and see and get his thoughts. Miles better than Paranormal Activity 2, which was the film I saw before Buried. Rent it, turn the lights out, and enjoy.

This is Claire and mine joint Valentines present to ourselves.

(To clarify it hasn't replaced indiviudal)

But we both love Ryan Reynolds. Probably for different reasons.

Or so she thinks.

Thought Ryan Reynolds was pretty good in this, but I thought the rest of the cast sounded like they were just phoning it in.

Damn this shit was fucked up. Awesome movie.

Didn't see the ending coming. It made it interesting that he drew a box around Mark White.

Just watched it. It bored me for the most part, there were some nice bits. I don't understand how it cost $2 million to make.

Just watched it. It bored me for the most part, there were some nice bits. I don't understand how it cost $2 million to make.

Dude, do you even realise how expensive lighter fluid is these days?