N-Europe

Poor Customer Service

Gentleben

As a Customer Service Executive it always bothers me when companies give poor customer service, are slow to resolve issues and try to time stall til you give up/don't care about the outcome any more.

At the moment my rage is channeled in the direction of Nintendo of Europe and their website. (my issue has been ongoing since the 25th October)

The website allows Club members to upload a short video telling their Nintendo story about a game they have purchased and registered, in exchange for 50 stars and the chance to win a trip to Japan.

The only problem is it's not working for me, I've tried using different computers. I'm convinced the issues relates to the fact I have GBA and GC games registered. Since you can only tell your story about Wii and DS games.

This is because it loads up a list of all your registered games and lets you select one to talk about/record your video clip. But I can't select anything since it gets stuck when it should be loading the GBA/GC section of my registered games.

I've sent countless emails, and phoned Codestom on a few occasions and been told that Nintendo of Europe HQ (Germany) has still not resolved the issue. So Frustrating.

So I thought it may be cool for other people to post their stories of poor customer service/and did they get a good/bad resolution?

When I had credit card (don't tell me about it...I've learnt my lesson. The money was for my rent, anyway, so I had no option) problems with Lloyds TSB, I phoned up and organised a direct debit so I'd never miss a payment. I also paid a sum of it off over the phone. So I left it for a bit. A few months later I got a bill for not paying - I phoned them up and they claimed that I had not phoned them up on the date I mentioned (despite the face that the payment I made over the phone was successful.

Edit: Oh, and I still had to the late fee charge.

Edited by Cube

Only £30? your right they are cocks.

They're cockness comes from before that. Just general useless bints to talk to and try and reason with (or at least the CAPDL section).

I didn't demand money off them, I just moaned asking them why the hell it took so long and why I was constantly fobbed off and they said "soz, here's £30" which was nice, yes, but the wound goes deeper.

Again it just felt like fobbing me off. "Oh we won't try and resolve issues, just pay you instead".

They're cockness comes from before that. Just general useless bints to talk to and try and reason with (or at least the CAPDL section).

I didn't demand money off them, I just moaned asking them why the hell it took so long and why I was constantly fobbed off and they said "soz, here's £30" which was nice, yes, but the wound goes deeper.

Again it just felt like fobbing me off. "Oh we won't try and resolve issues, just pay you instead".

What frustrates me about the Nintendo issue is the lack of information, the fact I have had to do all the chasing/calling. Even when I asked someone recently in Codestorm (Nintendo Service Centre) when the "Tell your story closed" they couldn't even answer that.

Wonder if anyone else who is a Club Member of both Wii/DS/GC and GBA games has had this problem on this forum. I know with talking with Codestorm they are other people with the same issue (but a very small number)

After being raped out of about £700-800 to be a camp mentor in America I got a visa refused and "banned" from America for three years. For being epileptic, which I never hid from them. They offered me a £50 refund because "they spent more money on me than I gave them".

Fucking bullshit ripoff. The t-shirt I got from them for £20 has been raped in the wash.

What frustrates me about the Nintendo issue is the lack of information, the fact I have had to do all the chasing/calling. Even when I asked someone recently in Codestorm (Nintendo Service Centre) when the "Tell your story closed" they couldn't even answer that.

Wonder if anyone else who is a Club Member of both Wii/DS/GC and GBA games has had this problem on this forum. I know with talking with Codestorm they are other people with the same issue (but a very small number)

Yeah same with Barclays. They said they had no outgoing phone calls so could never update me with progress of my application and I had to ring them, at a premium, between 9-5 Mondays-Friday, during which I am at uni.

After being raped out of about £700-800 to be a camp mentor in America I got a visa refused and "banned" from America for three years. For being epileptic, which I never hid from them. They offered me a £50 refund because "they spent more money on me than I gave them".

Fucking bullshit ripoff. The t-shirt I got from them for £20 has been raped in the wash.

That's outrageous - as long as you declared it when you should have and in good time, they should refund your money as they hadn't stated someone with epilepsy would be barred. Considered talking to a lawyer?

Oh, and as for the visa thing, as tourists only need a visa waiver, I'm sure if you go to the US embassy and explain what happened, they'll probably be cool (as cool as US immigration gets, anyway) with issuing a visa waiver.

That's outrageous - as long as you declared it when you should have and in good time, they should refund your money as they hadn't stated someone with epilepsy would be barred. Considered talking to a lawyer?

Oh, and as for the visa thing, as tourists only need a visa waiver, I'm sure if you go to the US embassy and explain what happened, they'll probably be cool (as cool as US immigration gets, anyway) with issuing a visa waiver.

I needed a work visa, since I'd be working as a journalism tutor for about 2(ish) months. It was the US Embassy which fucked me over, made me pay £120 for a blood test. Ban should be over now. I did apply for our local news for a story but because the Embassy wouldn't reply to the BBC they didn't follow it up.

Barclays is fucked up, I had a credit card with them once and they sent me to the balifs, I was happy to pay the balif so much a week and then two weeks later I had no knock on the door for about two months, so I ring the balif to find out whats happend and i find that Barclays has rebrought my bill, this was two years ago, ( am still waitting for this call.)