NEurope
Murr

Thundercats - NOT THE FILM

Roaring to life through WBA and Studio4°C’s use of the Japanese animated artistry of anime, “ThunderCats†characters Lion-O, Mumm-Ra, Panthro, Cheetara and others will spring off the screen with realistic cat-like characteristics inconceivable in previous incarnations.

The new “ThunderCats†will appeal to viewers who have loved the characters all their lives as well as young newcomers to the franchise. A sweeping tale combining swords and science and boasting ferocious battles with the highest of stakes, the grand origin story of Prince Lion-O’s ascension to the throne – and of those who would thwart his destiny at any cost – takes on epic dimensions in this sharp new telling. As the forces of good and evil battle each other in the quest for the fabled Stones of Power, Lion-O and his champions learn valuable lessons of loyalty, honor and mortality in every episode.

“ThunderCats†is executive produced by Sam Register (“Teen Titans,†“Ben 10,†“Batman: The Brave and the Boldâ€). Michael Jelenic (“Batman: The Brave and the Bold,†“Wonder Womanâ€) and Ethan Spaulding (“Avatar: The Last Airbenderâ€) are the producers.

1384L.jpg

Source - Comicbookmovie.com

Not the Thundercats film unfortunately, but a revival of the cartoon.

Surely a cartoon revival had a much better chance of being good as opposed to a film?

Surely a cartoon revival had a much better chance of being good as opposed to a film?

Oh yeah, it's just that as Thundercats has been teased as a movie for so long, and fake trailers on youtube (cant link as i'm at work and Youtube is a no no) Would of been cool to see a proposed movie picture.

Don't doubt the cartoon will be awesome too.

12255L.jpg

12253L.jpg

Last, but certainly not least, is a look at the revamped Thundercats logo. The artwork which stood beside the logo matched the one released earlier this week in conjunction with the announcement of a new Thundercats animated series. However, according to an insider attending the Expo, the Warner Bros representatives around this display were not promoting the cartoon, but a live action film instead! Though the 2011 date on the poster is more than likely an allusion to the animated series, with the studio already looking for marketing opportunities a live-action film must already be in the works.

I posted the above on X360A Forums on 15th June, Cant remember for the life of me what the event was, but i posted other pictures too of Thor & Captain America logos, as-well as Green Hornet and Transformer 3 logo's...

complete mind blank i'm afraid.

I think Panthro's new look is an improvement but WTF is Tigra doing there??? :shakehead

Nobody seems to remember the actual Thundercats show was dreadful. All they remember is the supremely cool intro. Hope this will change that and the actual show will retain the quality the first 1 minute 20 promised.

Sure it was dreadful if you go back and look at the episodes now. If you were a 5 or 6 year old kid back in its heyday it was amazing.

Sure it was dreadful if you go back and look at the episodes now. If you were a 5 or 6 year old kid back in its heyday it was amazing.

So true, looking now at any cartoon or children's programme of the era and they are all of a similar bad level.

I think thats testament to the improvement of cartoon animation and they're story telling. Not to mention the removal of a moral story for every episode.

Delighted. Can't wait to get back into the Thundercats universe! It has been too long!

Great and probably the first of these modern remakes of old 80s/90s cartoons that I actually like the look of!

I think it looks alright, though only thing I am worried about, where's Snarf, WilyKit and WilyKat? i loved their little flying surfboard...things =/

Also just realised...Why the hell does Tygra have a gun?

ooo, lets make thundecats edgy and give someone a gun, why?

Intro must also be good, original intro was badass, it needs to be as equally as badass

Edited by arnold

So true, looking now at any cartoon or children's programme of the era and they are all of a similar bad level.

this is true.Cartoon didn't really start to get GOOD until the 90's really.

It's hard to argue with classic TMNT though.

Get in line, pal. The new Cheetarah looks kinda brittle though. Was she always like that?

Nobody seems to remember the actual Thundercats show was dreadful. All they remember is the supremely cool intro. Hope this will change that and the actual show will retain the quality the first 1 minute 20 promised.

It's got three things that transcend time and the 80s generation can easily remember. The logo, like Tranformers, is memorable and iconic. So is the intro and the theme itself.

It was a shit cartoon, and this remake or whatever it is, is simply the continuing trend of remaking 80s franchises.

Basically the current stuff these studios have are shit, so they will just settle for being creatively bankrupt.

I was willing to put aside some terrible character design, but then I see they've decided to scrap the original plot too. What on earth was that trailer showing us, didn't look like Thundercats to me.

Despite Lion-O looking like a buffoon, it does look better in motion. When does this air?

Yeah it looks to be going down the sort of The Clone Wars/Transformers reboot style, which have that more anime look.