NEurope
heroicjanitor

Tales of Graces F

It's looking like this game could get localised, which is good news for Tales fans. This is the latest one and is the ps3 port of the Japan-only Wii game Tales of Graces.

Here's why it could get localised:

Namco Bandia released a glyph puzzle, promising that once it was solved it would be exciting.

Then he gave a clue

Then he translated this glyph as meaning 'F'.

Then when the glyph was solved it was believed to be a link to this website and the image there is just an inverse coloured, blurred version of Tales of Graces F's logo

Not confirmed yet but if it isn't true I'll be shocked :heh:

It's looking like this game could get localised, which is good news for Tales fans. This is the latest one and is the ps3 port of the Japan-only Wii game Tales of Graces.

Here's why it could get localised:

Namco Bandia released a glyph puzzle, promising that once it was solved it would be exciting.

Then he gave a clue

Then he translated this glyph as meaning 'F'.

Then when the glyph was solved it was believed to be a link to this website and the image there is just an inverse coloured, blurred version of Tales of Graces F's logo

Not confirmed yet but if it isn't true I'll be shocked :heh:

I think this image is safe to confirm the localization, something the eagle eyed noticed:

F20L5.png

Edited by Emerald Emblem

Hope it does crap.

*Is still annoyed at Namco*

Wish those bad sales on a game series not in jeopardy of being Japanese exclusive.

Edit: Found this on Facebook:

apple2.jpg

Edited by Emerald Emblem

I don't really want it to do badly. Though I can't be bothered with Namco anymore. The 'Tales of...' is my favourite RPG series.

I want it to do well enough that'll they'll stop their whining and bitching and actually release the bloody stuff.

I don't really want it to do badly. Though I can't be bothered with Namco anymore. The 'Tales of...' is my favourite RPG series.

I want it to do well enough that'll they'll stop their whining and bitching and actually release the bloody stuff.

Believe me I share those sentiments, Tales has overtaken Final Fantasy as my favourite RPG series in recent times. Tales games have just been marketed poorly, I see this whole glyph puzzles a more intuitive advertising tool especially on the social networking sites so fingers crossed it does better than Vesperia.

Tales of... games have the only combat system I can stomach in an RPG, I just wish they'd push the storytelling a bit further. None of the games I've played did anything exciting with the excellent cast of characters.

I'll play this, even if it means importing from the states. I can't see them wasting more money bringing enough copies to Europe to sell to five or six people. Seriously, how few copies get manufactured? They're impossible to find.

Edited by Guy

Yeah, they always do a low amount of prints. Vesperia goes for a huge amount on ebay. I'm glad I picked up my copy last year at HMV for £20 new. :D I still haven't played it though.

Yeah, they always do a low amount of prints. Vesperia goes for a huge amount on ebay. I'm glad I picked up my copy last year at HMV for £20 new. :D I still haven't played it though.

£20? That's amazing. I paid like £55 for my copy on the week of release. Enjoyed it for what it was immensely. God damn, £20 is a steal. Nice work!

It surprised me greatly, I went into Gamestation on release week planning to pick up a copy, I go to where the game is displayed, £40 to hand ready and then I notice the price sticker, £42.99. I was devastated as I'd prepared myself to play it, unditured I went round the other video game stores, all the same price. I couldn't believe it. I don't remember if I did managed to get it that day in the end or not, but you know this might partially be the problem.

But if it's on the PS3 then importing is easy right?

True, but paying an extra £20 on top is also deterring, I have a feeling DLC may come out too. If Vesperia's DLC is what we'll get that won't really be an issue.

An extra £20? Why would you need to do that? With the exchange rate being favourable and packaging being unfavourable it will probably cost the same amount it would if I got it here.

An extra £20? Why would you need to do that? With the exchange rate being favourable and packaging being unfavourable it will probably cost the same amount it would if I got it here.

I'm more talking about the customs and clearance charges you need to pay to even get your hands on the game.

I've imported several games from the US, and never had to pay any customs or clearance charges. And just as heroicjanitor said, it works out roughly the same price than the UK release due to the exchange rate.

Day 3

grape.png

2 possibilities now:

-Troll, will actually be a different game

-Multiple games are going to be announced. Their game Line up for 2011 perhaps

If it is the latter I believe some eagled eyed claim to have seen something from Tales of Vesperia's logo on there. They just keep us guessing.

EDIT: I see an e that looks like the e from the logo of Tales of Vesperia.

Edited by Emerald Emblem

Day 3

grape.png

2 possibilities now:

-Troll, will actually be a different game

-Multiple games are going to be announced. Their game Line up for 2011 perhaps

If it is the latter I believe some eagled eyed claim to have seen something from Tales of Vesperia's logo on there. They just keep us guessing.

EDIT: I see an e that looks like the e from the logo of Tales of Vesperia.

I can clearly see the Tales of Graces, the big "f" kinda gives it away in this photo:

F20L5.png

We will get more answers on 2nd February, but maybe it is several Tales games? Vesperia and Tales of Graces F.

We will get more answers on 2nd February, but maybe it is several Tales games? Vesperia and Tales of Graces F.

Squeeeeeek. That would be awesome. :love:

Why do you think Tales of Vesperia will be re-release again for the 360 or do you think that the Japan PS3 2009 version will be release for the western market?

In the logos mash-up is;

Tales of Graces

Tekken Tag Tournament 2

Soul Calibur V

PacMan

Edited by Dante

Why do you think Tales of Vesperia will be re-release again for the 360 or do you think that the Japan PS3 2009 version will be release for the western market?

In the logos mash-up is;

Tales of Graces

Tekken Tag Tournament 2

Soul Calibur V

PacMan

Ah I see, earlier it looked like Graces and Emerald Emblem thought he saw Vesperia, so I combined the two. A western release of the ps3 Vesperia makes sense though, they have the entire game and like 70% of the voice acting done.

I'd think many a pissed gamers if that turned out to be the case. Well, not long to wait anyway!