Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

Hurdles

jayseven

I believe that life is a series of simple tasks that become exponentially more confusing and time-draining as you go on.

I am always in pain. It could be my finger or my hip playing up, or a blister, or a stubbed toe or whatever, but 99% of the time there's always something 'wrong'.

I also have gremlins. There is always something mechanical or technical that is broken. Currently, it is my iPod.

But the real hurdles that inspired this thread are the ones that sporadically pop up when you want to do the smallest thing.

My... job seeking assistant person found a job for me, and sent me an email with a link and said "reply with completed app form and CV!" and I was all "ace!" Then THE HURDLES ARRIVED!

- app. form was .pdf and required a signature

- No paper, so I go to buy some

- Paper is fucking expensive now. £5 did not cover it, had to go home then go back to the shop

- Printer is connected to dad's PC. His internet was not working. Took 5 mins to find out that the ethernet cable simply needed a 'wiggle'...

- Forgot password on my gmail account so had to reset it before accessing my CV

- Hit print to find that the colour ink has run out

- Go to adobe's help page to find out how to cconvert to b&w print

- The site lies

- An hour wasted, I just give up. Currently waiting for dad to get back from work as he probably knows how to sort the printer.

You ever get these instances? Should take 5 minutes, takes two hours instead?

That version of the song is all sorts of amaze though, I want a copy of it.

Life throws up some pretty big hurdles, I try not to think of them as anything bad though, just stuff that needs to be dealt with and onto the next thing. Sure there are times when I want to give up and come back another day, but if you're ever going to get anywhere it's best to tackle things as soon as possible if you ask me.