N-Europe

I want a new phone.

Paj!

so in theory you could sell your iPod/MP3 player to offset the cost.

Same with Android and (I presume) Blackberry phones.

Actually, you don't even need a smartphone for that. My £20 Sony Ericsson phone replaced my iPod Nano ages ago.

Same with Android and (I presume) Blackberry phones.

Actually, you don't even need a smartphone for that. My £20 Sony Ericsson phone replaced my iPod Nano ages ago.

Yeah, but iPod is the big brand name that everyone knows and is generally defined as the 'best' on the market right now which is why I'm recommending it.

Fair enough you can do it with the majority of phones but the way it works on the iPhone is second to none.

OK. I just have absolutely no understanding how the mp3 player on an iPod/iPhone is any different to an mp3 player on anything else.
It's not necessarily 'the best', but it's certainly not the same as 'anything' else. It integrates neatly with iTunes so you can download new music on the go, the smart playlists work great as does genius. Not to mention that I still think iPhones/iPods/iPads have the best touch screen interface by a mile. It's not like it stands head and shoulders above the rest, but it's certainly a great positive for the device.

Well for me I wouldn't say the best interface as I think Web OS does some things really well. It has a nicely integrated OS, for me the killer is the excessive reliance on iTunes to do anything & before you can do anything.

What I will say is that i devices have some of the most responsive touch screens I have ever used. Very smooth animations and a clean interface which is easy enough for people to get used to.

On a side note new web OS devices round the corner. I was invited to a developer conference in C.A. not going of course.

OK. I just have absolutely no understanding how the mp3 player on an iPod/iPhone is any different to an mp3 player on anything else.

It works really well. It's incredibly easy to use. They are EVERYWHERE meaning you're always able to find somewhere to charge it.

The iPod Touch (and iPhone) is a system built for listening to music so it works perfectly for it. Most other phones just have the functionality built in as an extra feature which sometimes doens't work as well and can be clunky. I've used music players on other phones and the experience isn't the same. Making playlists is difficult, albums and artists aren't sorted properly.