N-Europe

My Spiderfex

EEVILMURRAY

My latest minature creation. I was never feeling the legs on these things and saw potential for something really pointy. I took all the spiky carapaces I could find and saw places to stick them. I think it's come out alright.

Spiderfex1.jpg

Spiderfex5.jpg

Spiderfex2.jpg

I'm not sure if these look more like breasts or testicles. I wasn't planning on it being either but they just hang there.

Spiderfex3.jpg

Spiderfex4.jpg

Well the Carnifex normally has two "normal" legs and the other four limbs are for various weapons. For example here are two others I have done:

Carnifex007.jpg

Carnifex002.jpg

I just felt that it looks a little lop-sided and wanted to do something different, as well a lighter colour scheme. Most of my things end up darker than I originally intend.

• 3 weeks later...
Bleh 'Nids.

Great paint jobs/color scheme though. Ever enter any comps?

Not really. Not sure if I'm that good.

My next project is an Ork Battlewagon. One again I've tried cramming as much of the material as possible.

My future plan is having 3 monsters in a deadlock battle, using the colourscheme and [hopefully] likeness of Charizard, Venusaur and Blastoise.

Hahaha, Slayer Sword. Not a chance in hell. Not at the moment anyway.

I actually entered Golden Demon about 8 years back. Didn't get anywhere. Thinking back part of the model I did was complete wank. Was a Terminator Command Squad based on my ancient Egypt chapter. And on the top of each armour was the head of a God. Made out of blu-tak. The main one, Pharoah Tamose looked/and still looks alright today.

Tamose.jpg

I ripped the other ones off. My Sobek was the worst.

Quality images on that link though. I always love it how all the models have to stand on some form of rock.

The Tzeentch Chaos Space Marines have an Egyptian motif.

Thousand_Sons_Rubric_Marines_by_MitGas.jpg

Thousand_Sons_Squad.gif

I'm already "planning" my Pokémon themed battle. I'm just wondering which starters to go with. The original ones would be the easiest to recognise. It's just a case of finding the right model which looks similar.

I was tempted to use the three main daemons [Nurgle for Venusaur/Khorne for Charizard/Tzeentch for Blastoise] but wasn't sure. The only ones which seem perfect for the potential design are ones I've done before. A Stegadon/Carnifex for Venusaur. A Carnifex/Prince for Blastoise and any dragon/Daemon Prince with long neck*. I wouldn't mind trying something new. It would look weird having a Stegadon and a Carnifex in the same scenario, considering they're from different "timelines".

I was also tempted to make it a three-way Daemon Prince battle. As if it were over a territory. But it's always coming down to what the fuck am I going to do about Venusaur.

HOWEVER! Looking at other starting mon. These three look interesting...

260Swampert.png254Sceptile.pngBlaziken.png

But I'm not sure if as many would appreciate the reference. But it would be the easiest grass starter to modify. Without having to sculpt a Venusaur flower and stick it a back somehow.

*Which I am interested in doing.

Edited by EEVILMURRAY

http://lostinthewarp.com/wordpress/2007/08/03/team-north-america/

I'd say you could compete with those. I know the guy who did the second one (Fulgrim), he basically modifies the models until they're practically different models then does a great job painting them. That's all it takes.

You could even win the Golden Demon or Slayer Sword.

Only if UK's standards for Golden Demon miniatures are really low. Just to give you an idea what the standards are: Klick! The Spanish team is sick! I don't want to be the ass here, you're doing a great joy of painting the miniatures, EVILMURRAY! But for a Golden Demon you'd at least have to able to paint smooth color gradients. Still, a miniature doesn't have to be Golden Demon standard in order to look good.

Just keep at it! For sheer practice purposes in terms of painting I'd suggest small models though.

I really like the conversion of the Carnifex. The small Ripper on the hind leg is a nice touch. If you'd modeled a sack that spews out gaunts, you'd have a really nice conversion for on of the new Carnifex variants. ^^

Any plans for a Trygon? ;)

Edited by Burny

Fuck that. Smaller models piss me off. Especially if they're part of a squad.

Which is what makes it surprising to me that you're painting Tryanids...I can only guess you don't have an actual army and merely paint for fun?

Orkz are also similar in that you'll end up painting sooo many and they're so similar.

Fuck that. Smaller models piss me off. Especially if they're part of a squad.

I'm talking single small models. Painting a squad would be like painting a monster all over again. It would defeat the purpose of being able to concentrate on learning how to do details, because you'd be constantly fretting that there are still 10 of the same suckers left. ;)

I know the effect of that. When I did a bit of commission painting, I must've listened to each Harry Potter audiobook about three or four times in order to stand through painting about 40 Space Marines and a Venerable Cybot. :p

No interest in some character models? There are enough models which are nice to look at.

ReZ, just buy some Thousand Sons and some normal Space Marines and mix n' match, just say they're part of your chapter.

Which is what makes it surprising to me that you're painting Tryanids...I can only guess you don't have an actual army and merely paint for fun?

Orkz are also similar in that you'll end up painting sooo many and they're so similar.

Pretty much every army is repetitive in it's infantry squads. Which is why if I ever get round to repainting an army I'm going to give them Pokémon-esque colour schemes. Magmortar for one squad, Electivire for another...

I'm talking single small models. Painting a squad would be like painting a monster all over again. It would defeat the purpose of being able to concentrate on learning how to do details, because you'd be constantly fretting that there are still 10 of the same suckers left. ;)

Perhaps, at the moment there's nothing on some of the larger models to warrant fine detail. But the Battlewagon I'm working on has some very fine points. I'm hoping you'll be proud of me.

Although I wouldn't mind a crack at that Librarian if it weren't so ass-rapingly expensive. My only fear would be I'd paint it Crimson Fists and risk your wrath :(

Edited by EEVILMURRAY