NEurope
The Peeps

The Pirate Mafia

I do genuinely enjoy being in a mafia a bit more than being town. Even if you have a less important role, it just makes it a lot more exciting, you think more of tactics and you feel the need to get online more and work as a team. Going after Nintendohnut distracted me from a lot of uni work this week!

And it is always a pleasure to work with ReZ and Jay :)

Haha I am genuinely proud that I managed to survive the game, whether I won or not. It sounds like a lot of people were trying to get rid of me :D

I believed you for a good while, then there was a point where I said fuck it I'm being gullible we should lynch him, then something you said made me go back and check for switching... I can't remember what. Peeps hasn't said why he made it so you were bluffing :p

Well we had made you suspicious that night, but I don't know who the interrogator was.

It was me, I kept it hidden throughout the game and used my BG mafia role as my alibi(I was vice-captain until the captain died at which point I gained a double vote, when in reality I was an investigator who gained a double). Actually I became captain of the ship in this mafia and president in the Bg on the same day I think, then a week later I became the admiral in BG too, I had so much powaaa! :p

I only successfully investigated Eenuh and Nintendohnut so it wasn't worth revealing.

Tetra Eenuh (replaced by mr-paul) - You were one of the first pirates to join the crew and are therefore viewed as trustworthy you may choose a target at night and inform the town of their wrongdoings. Pick a target and they will appear suspicious in the write-up.

I believe I was affected by that power three times.

Nah Cube, we only used it on you the night before you were lynched. Oh no, twice

I believe Eenuh/my targets were:

1: Nintendohnut

2: Ellmeister

3: Ellmeister

4: Nintendohnut

5: Cube

6: Nintendohnut

7: Cube

8: Nintendohnut

Yeah, we didn't go for much variety :P

But because of write-up switching/other confusion we believed Nintendohnut to be evil anyways and were doing it to try and get him lynched!

I count three:

Night 1: The epic sailor set out into the night ready to fiercely attack his target.

Night 4: The epic sailor was seen entering the fearsome pirate's bunk, cutlass in hand.

(We switched me and 'Dohnut)

Night 6: the Epic Sailor attempted to carry out his attack on The Captain

On Night 5 me and ReZ were switched but Sméagol had protected me so you couldn't use your power on me that night. If he hadn't then ReZ would have looked suspicious.

Were me and Nintendohnut Dannyboy's targets on the first night?

Come on people, I posted the roles for a reason ;)

Eenuh-paul could make people appear suspicious and tales switched names. It was mostly nintendohnut and cube that were made to look suspicious as both were targeted by tales and eenuh-paul.

The bluffing was because of being made to look suspicious.

:) I'm glad people enjoyed the game even though the neutrals probably were too hard to see as mafia. I wasnt happy with it at first but after Christmas it really picked up.

Yup, I targetted Nintendohnut and Cube on night 1. Funny that they should become the ones with the most confusion about them. :heh:

I thought I was bloody helpful getting two in the first two night but then no-one protected me. So annoying because I really liked this game and even though I was only a reverse tracker who got lucky with my targets I still managed to pick things up and help the town.

I thought I was bloody helpful getting two in the first two night but then no-one protected me. So annoying because I really liked this game and even though I was only a reverse tracker who got lucky with my targets I still managed to pick things up and help the town.

Well it wasn't like there were two protectors and a jail ke...oh....

:p

I'm really sorry about that Ell. I wasn't trying to be selfish, although I get that that's what it looked like at the time. All I was doing was attempting to predict the mafia's moves. I'd come out as an protector that day and it was the obvious move for me to protect you. So I thought 'well the mafia won't attack Ell, because he's an obvious protection target... they'll probably try and take out the protector and get Ell tomorrow night' so protected myself. I clearly think about these games too hard.

I'm really sorry about that Ell. I wasn't trying to be selfish, although I get that that's what it looked like at the time. All I was doing was attempting to predict the mafia's moves. I'd come out as an protector that day and it was the obvious move for me to protect you. So I thought 'well the mafia won't attack Ell, because he's an obvious protection target... they'll probably try and take out the protector and get Ell tomorrow night' so protected myself. I clearly think about these games too hard.

Heh, in your defence if I was mafia (well I was, but you know) then I would have said "Don't kill Ell, he's an obvious protection target" :p

We had already killed one protector so we thought it would be safe to kill Ellmeister. I don't know about the others, but I don't think I realized Nintendohnut was a protector until next day.

I'm not really mad, its just a game. I just thought I was finally being useful and when it made sense to protect me no-one did!

But yes Mr Nintendohnut, I think you thought about it so hard you OVER-thought the move :p

We had already killed one protector so we thought it would be safe to kill Ellmeister. I don't know about the others, but I don't think I realized Nintendohnut was a protector until next day.

Nintendohnut had already claimed to be a protector. Still, it was a good move as Nintendohnut would be smart and know that the mafia would not dare go for Ell.

I was trying to second-guess the mafia. The logical move would have been to get rid of me rather than you. Logically. But then humans are, as Spock regularly expressed, illogical :)