NEurope
jayseven

What Not To Buy

I bought Mirror's Edge on release day for £40 and while it had it's issues, I felt it was well worth the money as I really enjoyed it (my GotY for 2008) and did put quite a bit of time into the time trials so I got plenty of run time out of it. It's not that short, as I've played shooters which have had shorter runtimes than ME, although they did have online multiplayer but still.

I bought it for a tenner when I first got my 360. I'd say that it's not worth much/any more. But worth it for that. Maybe it's just a game that seems just worth it.

I thought Mirrors edge was great in some ways, incredibly frustrating in others. Everyone should play it though, because it presents a very unique experience. I got it for a fiver, and its more than worth that, if not more.

Mirror's Edge was a brilliantly novel concept when it first arrived. I foolishly played it on the harder setting first time through - while trying to not fire a single bullet. Ruined the game for me completely.

Today I picked up sealed copies of MAG and God of War 3 for £10 a piece from PC World. If you have one near you it might be worth investigating the clearance bins as there was some good stuff in my store's.

I'd recommend everyone pick Mirror's Edge up. It really shines when you're trying to work out the quickest way though levels via some super technical shortcuts, but even if you're just going to play it through the once it's well worth the paltry sums it goes for these days. Incidentally the Pure Time Trials DLC is free to download via PSN; strangely it's still paid for on Live.

I think I got mirrors edge for about £4 this time last year. I haven't finished it (stuck) but my brother probably failed college last year due to that game. I would come home for my lunch break to find him playing it.

Just picked up Borderlands GOTY for £16.95 (had a £1 voucher) which I think was a pretty good deal. My only problem is that I haven't finished fallout 3 yet. Considering picking up need for speed hot pursuit since the chaps from Criterion are behind it.

I'm not saying it was a bad game at all, it was really good fun (although slightly frustrating at times, especially when you were holding a weapon), but it was so short that I would have felt ripped off if it had cost me any more than a fiver.

You can easily grab Mirror's Edge for around the £3-4 mark and it's well worth it. In fact, I think it was well worth the £25 I paid for it when it was new. It may have its frustrating moments, but I took that as a challenge and managed to 1000/1000 it. It's still totally unique to this day and looks fantastic.

It's a flawed title, but very marmite. I can't wait for Mirror's Edge 2, if it ever happens. Hopefully they grab the opportunity to address everything the majority of haters disliked and improve on their skilled platform system even further.

The only really shit thing about it was the crappy 2D animations. What the hell.

Edit: It's £2 in WH Smiths. Cmon. You might love it, and it's cheaper than a pint.

Edited by Shorty