NEurope
Beast

Matt Cardle

I wasn't sure whether I could put this in The X Factor thread or not so I made a thread about the winner of 2010's X Factor, Matt Cardle. His winner's song is When We Collide (originally sang by the awesome Biffy Clyro) and, even though their version is better, I think he's done the song rather well for an X Factor contestant. I think it's probably my favourite song from an X Factor winner but then again, that's not really saying much. I'd rather them have an original song written by or for them rather than another cover though. I wanted him to win over Rebecca so I think it's a deserved win but this year's X Factor was quite boring.

So what do you guys think of it? Also, did anybody catch him punching Dannii by an accident? I heard on the radio that he did and him apologising to her but I didn't see anything...

I wonder where he'll be in a year's time...:indeed:

Didn't even watch the final after I found out via facebook who won. His voice is very weak, really. Rebecca should've won, but I don't really care.

I wonder where he'll be in a year's time...:indeed:

Didn't even watch the final after I found out via facebook who won. His voice is very weak, really. Rebecca should've won, but I don't really care.

I adore Rebecca's voice but she was quite boring. At first it was nice but then after about three or four weeks, I wanted something new from her. I heard Amazing Grace and it didn't sound like it had any soul in it, which was a shame because I wanted to hear her sing that. Matt has had a couple of boring performances but he entertained most of the time, especially with You Got The Love, Goodbye Yellow Brick Road and Firework and the Unfaithful duet with Rihanna was awesome.

I hope he does well though.

I think Matt is my favourite X Factor winner. Even though over the past 2 weeks he's seemingly lost his voice he does still sound really good and is more than the usual boy X Factor Winner (Joe McElderry etc).

I really like his version of the song too.

I think Matt is my favourite X Factor winner. Even though over the past 2 weeks he's seemingly lost his voice he does still sound really good and is more than the usual boy X Factor Winner (Joe McElderry etc).

I really like his version of the song too.

Glad I'm not alone in thinking this. I love Biffy's version but Matt's version is awesome too, but which is better? There's only one way to find out...

attachment.php?attachmentid=20156&d=1290511094

Glad I'm not alone in thinking this. I love Biffy's version but Matt's version is awesome too, but which is better? There's only one way to find out...

No there isn't. You cannot better the original version of a song, you just cant.

No there isn't. You cannot better the original version of a song, you just cant.

Actually...

Houston's is easily better.

Yeah, you can better the originals. It's rare, but has been done.

Matt Cardle's take on Biffy is not an example.

I was surprised that Same Direction didn't win, and it was just a boring solo singer that won again. [/sarcasm]

Actually...

Houston's is easily better.

They aren't better, they're completely different in style. You can prefer another version of a song, it doesn't make it better.

They aren't better, they're completely different in style. You can prefer another version of a song, it doesn't make it better.

Well surely 'better', in the context of music, is subjective? You can't say that one song is better than another as there are no measurable criteria.

Matt Cardle is more proof than shows like XFACTOR just don't work in the real music world.

ON these shows people tend to vote for the most "likeable" person. In the real music world, to be truly successful you have to be aggressive and have personality. If any of that in shown on xfactor they'd be called pricks and would be voted off.

It's in short such a fail of a show for what it tries to do,. I'm done with it anyway.

This guy is from the town I grew up in, true story. Gives Darts "superstar" Bobby George some competition.

Well surely 'better', in the context of music, is subjective? You can't say that one song is better than another as there are no measurable criteria.

Exactly, I simply stated i don't see how you can better the original version of a song. Someone who has written that song, created the key, the melody, the chords, the lyrics, giving life to the song. They decide how the song goes and everything about it. Yes, someone can put a different spin on it that is very good but I don't think you can better an original, obviously others disagree.