NEurope
Dante

SSX (2012)

Can't wait for this, played the demo practically to death now. Too much excitement really

Just 5 days to wait :D Then I'll have 5 or 6 days to complete it... before ME3 takes hold :p

Has anyone beat gold on the trick level? My best score is about 8.8 mil.

Have scored 13 mil. But I do not understand the points system. I can land a massive combo that went from the beginning right until the finish of the descent while varying tricks a lot, grinding, spinning, having a 20x multiplier but I often only get 7 mil. The next run I'm landing 15 combos again with varying and all that...still not much over 8 mil.

I think the 13 mil were pure luck...

Pre-ordered the game, but without anybody explaining the point system to me or making me realise that I'm too stupid to understand, I doubt I will be playing SSX in a competitive way. Probably won't dive into the multiplayer as much as I wanted to do.

Hitting the 'copter seems to get you a pretty big bonus, maybe you did that several times on your good run. Are you getting it on Xbox or PS3?

I agree with the concern over the lack of character vocalisation, although maybe that was only because the lass in the demo is shy. A shy lass who likes to be independent of her snowboard doing backflips whilst hurtling down an 8000ft mountain.

And the omission of the SSX shortcut glass smash is slightly saddening.

They should've expanded the demo. I'm not sold on the controls/the game yet and need more than one course to zip through to really make a valid judgement.

I loved the demo. I bought SSX on Tour the PS2 classic and have been playing through that and am quite far into it. The one thing about this new version is how fast and fluid it feels when compared. It's how you remember SSX feeling but then realise it doesn't quite when you go back and play it. My only issue is that it keeps telling me its failed to connect to ridernet (is that what its called?) but lets me view other peoples times and after I beat some of them I went up in the rankings but not sure if that's just displaying to me. so I have no idea if my scores are uploading. Too much other stuff to pick up the moment but definitely consider it once its reduced.

Hitting the 'copter seems to get you a pretty big bonus, maybe you did that several times on your good run. Are you getting it on Xbox or PS3?

Ordered the PS3 version.

You could be on to (onto?) something. I fail to hit the 'copter in 90% of the descents. In the high score run I probably hit it two or three times.

But I think you can only hit the helicopter when you don't have Tricky active. Because whenever I own the shit out of everything and jump a gazillion meters into the air the 'copter flies away. :blank: And then the points won't go up that high. :wtf:

Would be great if people could add me to get your times.

xbox: Spazz Monk3y

Who's got it for the PS3? I need some scores and times.

PSN ID: drahcon

Feel free to add me.

Loving this game so far. The multiplayer mode is inspired. Why race 5 randoms? Probably only to bail out on the trickier slopes near the beginning and have no chance of catching up. Instead you can race hundreds of people at once and compete for a top bonus.

If you don't know, a simple explanation of the Global Events multiplayer is that you pay an entrance fee of in-game credits to set a time, score or distance (depending on the course type) and then get ranked from bronze through to diamond. At the end of the event time (could be minutes, hours or even days) you get a bonus depending on where you ranked. For example last night there was a 10 hour event on, I paid 75,000 to enter and got a silver medal. In the morning I turned the game on and my silver had netted me 200,000 :D

The geotags are a great idea too. You drop a collectable on the map for other players to pick up on their own runs. The longer your tag sits on the course uncollected for, the more XP/credits it gains you.

'Chocolate, I've added you :)

Edited by Shorty

Played some of this last night, why have i missed out on snowboarding titles for so long. Have the tricks set to the right stick, have played a few courses. Add us to the list, i'll add a few back.

Why did they change SSX to mean "Snowboarding Surfing Motorcross" is there's no surfing or motorcross?

Ha, weird right? Don't know if you've seen the opening sequence or not but the explanation in game is that SSX is now a team, formed out of people who do those sports. They're taking on Snowboarding to battle against Griff, who has left the team and become SSX's main rival.

I saw that. Still makes no sense.

Controls are really good. Seems miles easier to not bail, so you can concentrate on racing and tricks.

Can't believe this thread fell to page 3 :D You guys are missing out on a great game.

SSX Tricky inspired DLC Track "Mt Eddie" and classic character skins