N-Europe

Revolution Development Blog

BigTac

If your reffering to if Nintendo has a final name or not then I can confirm that yes they do.
I know, you said that somewhere further up the page. I just wondered, if you know what it's going to be called, what you think of the name (without mentioning it of course).

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I know, you said that somewhere further up the page. I just wondered, if you know what it's going to be called, what you think of the name (without mentioning it of course).

I don't know the name but developers have told me the Nintendo made the final decision on the name and they know it as well. And on the topic of something being leaked I just said that because I really think real info will leak out out soon.

I've just noticed Kevin from zogdog had an interview with Mr.Inc and Mr.Rebus!

http://theboard.zogdog.com/index.php?automodule=blog&blogid=11&showentry=247#comment263

Another mysterious blogger who has picked up a lot of attention lately. I was able to do an interview with him. Check it out:

Hi Kevin, I've answered your question while we had a break today at work together with Mr.Rebus, as some questions are more his department then mine. I hope you're satisfied with the given answers. You are free to publish everything, except for the private part. I hope you can keep that a secret, we trust you.

Q&A

Will No End Soon have physics (EX: Havok)?

I cannot answer this question as of yet for diffrent reasons. Ill greatly answer this question after the February announcement.

The game sounds awesome. If you had to compare the gameplay to a game thats out right now what game would that be?

Well to be honest, I like to think that the game builds on so many of the ideas that we have encountered throughout our gaming experience, and of course from ideas that were conjured by our blog readers. -Because of this it's difficult to compare it to any other game as it is too much of a mixture. If you want to know what games have inspired us in terms of gameplay I can run a long list. Not to mention all the great idea's we've received already from the blog.

I am all about great stories but it seems like most first person shooters have short or just plain horrible storylines. Is the story a big factor to this game?

Don't let dale murchie hear you say that. Storyline is of great importance, but I think the main strength of our story is the way in which it gives the game structure. There will of course be twists and surprises and some very surreal elements but you expect that right? Combine this as well with the great idea's provided by our blog followers and you can expect a real nice storyline.

A while back Nintendo mentioned that they are working with a company to create sophisticated A.I. and Speech recognition so that you can communicate better between NPC characters. Have you heard anything about this and will this technology be used in No End Soon?

As Nintendo hasn't officially announced regarding this subject I've no comment to give. However you should know if Nintendo would announce this feature to be included in Revolution development kits, you can certainly expect it to be used in No End Soon.

How long has No End Soon been in development?

We've started the real development a few months ago (I'm talking about the days were concept art and a lot of talking took place).

Can you provide me a couple screenshots (or even a video) of No End Soon or something Revolution related (Controller, SDK) for use on my blog?

As for now, I can't. But maybe you can expect something exclusive in the future (before E3 2006) as soon it's allowed.

One thing I have noticed in the last past few months is that there are absolutely hundreds of fakes and claimed "Insider" blogs and leaks. I have never seen a fake blog or even a leaked image for the Xbox 360 or the PS3. Is a large portion of this "Viral Marketing" from Nintendo to cause hype?

I would be inclined to agree that a significant proportion of this is intended by Nintendo. No press is bad press, right? Imagine how the community would have been without those so called "leaks". Nintendo always like to be mysterious and they revel in revealing big surprises just when we don't expect them, you can call it "viral marketing", but to an extent I think it's healthy, the question is whether they've taken it too far or not. In my personal opinion they haven't, and they've managed to create an enormous hype, without wasting money. This is something you should think about.

Will No End Soon support widescreen?

Yes, No End Soon will support widescreen.

Will there be levels where your in space and you have to fight off enemies (for example protect a space station)?

We can guarantee that, definitely. We want events like that to be on a big scale too.

So why do you want to leak this stuff to the public?

I want first of all get straight we are not leakers. Secondly this way it also gains our game plenty of attention, even though we haven't revealed all that much information. All we've really done is offer to consider peoples ideas on an essentially anonymous basis.

-I asked a few people to come up with some questions and here is what was asked:

Why did you use a blog instead of your company's real website? Seems unprofessional.

We did this firstly because we are not allowed to do it at our official website yet, because of the policy given by Nintendo, and secondly because the format is perfect for our fundamental purposes; to gather ideas from our target audience- (who are more likely to come across a popular blog, than a column on an company webpage)

You said, "Our company's website don't allow us to post blogs so I simply can't. I would have rather posted their instead of here, so I wouldn't get reply's like this." So it is policy to give company information outside of the company's control? This makes no sense.

More policies doesn't make sense when you aren't aware of the big picture…

Why do you spend any time at Seriousgame007's blog?

Although you wouldn't expect, that blog has a pretty big influence on people. The blog has many followers. In fact there are a lot people which still believe he's real. Not to mention the enormous amount of people which claims to not visit the blog anymore, but actually check the blog out a few times a week. If you look at the comment section you would disagree with me of course, but you've to understand not all visitors of his blog post in his comment section.

People get disappointed because of him. He promises much, but none of it comes true. This has influence on people's decisions. Even though seriousgamer007 has nothing to do with Nintendo, people get disappointed by Nintendo, because of stuff seriousgamer007 announced. That's weird, but it's just how the human brain works.

A pretty simple test, when he said Revolution would have a 4 GHz processor, didn't your brains go crazy? But what did you feel right after you knew it wasn't true, didn't you felt a little bit let down by Nintendo, even though they had nothing to do with it?

I just hate to notice those things. So why do I spend any time at his blog? Because if he makes such a ridicules statement again, I tried to turn away the fake hype immediately, so there wouldn't be any more disappointed people.

You said, "The purpose of this blog, is as I've written, to receive feedback, idea's and comments on the game we're working on." This opens up a can of legal worms. There is a reason why game developers do not do this. So the question is: why are you putting yourself to all these legal risks?

On the anonymous basis that the blog allows for, people give us ideas which we can adapt to a point that they can no longer be claimed as their original idea, besides the fact that it is anonymous (what does a nickname prove) and that the contents are completely removable. We have no restrictions in this sense, and if you think about it the can of metaphorical worms stays safely closed. Besides those point, you've to remember as well this is a revolutionary experiment. If it fails (it's possible a situation like you just described will turn up) there's a slim to no chance it will happen in the future again. But I don't expect this to happen.

Most gamers are not familiar with the laws concerning public domain. Why did you fail to put up a disclaimer when you asked for ideas?

Are they required for this experiment? Is this blog at our official website? At the moment it isn't. If we move in the future to our company's website, as soon it's allowed, you can expect a disclaimer of course.

If I patent all your gameplay ideas, there is absolutely nothing you can do. Why should someone bother putting forth gameplay ideas into the public domain that ANYONE can take?

Go ahead!., you can't patent them to the point where they can't be adapted. We take very generic ideas and only apply specifics when they demonstrate a certain brilliance- in which cases we adapt them beyond legal grasp. You think we're wrong? Like I've said before go ahead and try it out.

Developers never openly discuss new ideas with outsiders because of this issue. For example, I could make a FPS game called "No End Soon,", put every idea on your blog into my game, and sell it. Since your blog is part of 'public domain', you would have no legal recourse against me. How can any publisher let a developer risk this? This is the biggest reason why many believe you are fake.

You can, absolutely, in fact as you said we wouldn't even be able to stop you. But let's get real; do you think there's enough chance it would actually happen to not take this risk? I think the risk to do it is legit and safe. Again this is one of those points which could make this whole experiment go to waste. Just let's see what happen…

Viral Marketing failed with Metroid Prime 2. Why would Nintendo try it again for the Revolution?

Nintendo are being their usual selves, and I don't think it's up to me to speculate upon why or why they might not act in one way or another. Remember we aren't part of Nintendo marketing team.

I'm new to this site by the way, so ehm... hi!

I've to double post since there's a maximum amount of characters..

---Hardware Questions---

This is a question you get asked a lot but could you give us any hints as to what the 3rd Revolution feature is?

Well I can't say much about it, except you will be incredible surprised. There will be a lot of confusion, whether it's real or not when you see it.

As for hints I can give you a few, but I don't think they are very useful;

-It's not new technology

-It's as groundbreaking as the controller, if not even more groundbreaking.

-There will be even more confusion when it's showed (to be compared with people's reactions when they saw the N64 controller).

-It's more or less used in another entertainment sections already ( limited ).

-It's more or less shown already

N5_Dev has also been a large contender for "Insiders". He to has gotten a lot of stuff correctly and has been around since E3. Even posting on the ZogDog forums quite a bit. He claims that some form of the ON Visor is real. Is he lyeing?

He has lot stuff correct, I agree. I'm not able to confirm or deny his statement about ON Visor though, which I hope you understand.

Can you give any details on the CPU and GPU of the Revolution?

I'm not allowed to do, remember we're not about leaking stuff. But why do you people bother so much about the specs? Don't you guys trust Mr.Iwata when he says horse powers don't matter anymore? This generation horse powers aren't important on Nintendo's machine.

Strangedly he hints at a lot of the same things that N5_Dev hint at. These are the only N5_Dev, Mr. INC, and Mr. Rubus are the only bloggers that I just can't prove wrong. Anyways post your thoughts in the comment section under this post and let me know what you think.

As for hints I can give you a few, but I don't think they are very useful;

-It's not new technology

-It's as groundbreaking as the controller, if not even more groundbreaking.

-There will be even more confusion when it's showed (to be compared with people's reactions when they saw the N64 controller).

-It's more or less used in another entertainment sections already ( limited ).

-It's more or less shown already

WTF...

I got it! It's a handle... oh wait that was another consoles 'revolutionary' feature.

^^^^^

It could be Stereoscopic stuff well you know what it is. Or even something to do with multplayer as in a better alternative to split screen which is a bit dated now.

The possibilties are endless

ps before ny1 condemms this guy and the FAKE FAKE FAKE blog. I actually enjoy this type of speculation even if its not true I think it adds more to the surprise when Nintendo do eventually announce what it is. It didnt hurt the controller so I dont see why it should matter now.

• 3 weeks later...

Excuse me for bumping this thread but...

Kevin from zogdog gave those insiders a test a few days ago and it seems both Mr.Inc as N5_dev passed the test! In fact according to Kevin Mr.Inc even answered a questions which wasn't included at his blog?

Alright it looks like Mr. INC guessed the questions correctly including one of them that was not posted on my blog.

Not really sure what to make out of it to be honest, but heh it's interesting.

Now I wonder if BigTac asked about No End Soon at his trip to ubisoft. He wrote at the first page of this thread he should be able to ask about it when he was there, so I'd like to know if you asked it, and got an answer about if No End Soon could exist?

Kevin from Zogdog is someone who aparently had access to some info that allows him to verify if they're real developers. I think it was some developer that leaked stuff about dev kits and Kevin helped him erase the leaked things because he regreted it. He's pretty believable and he debunked lots of "insiders". mmmm....

wow that interview made me all excited about the rev again! like last e3 pre thursdayton (or rather thursdayflop) excited! which brings me back to the point i was going to make.. perhaps nintendo and other 3rd party developers are more than happy for devs to make these blogs as to be honest they don't really give away much but still keep people interested and are terrific hype machines... as well as being a good source of inspired gaming ideas from the hardcore gamers that read and comment on every single blog entry.. I'm not saying they're all real, even the guy who made the nintendo ON video owned up and admitted that it was just what he wanted to see.. but this kind of thing has definitely been done before and undoubtedly will be done again as it must be clear to nintendo just how excited board posters are about the rev.

Just wanted to give everyone a heads up that the blog was updated on Saturday.

Along with some news about what they have been doing there is a schedule up also.

From the blog

No End Soon Schedule (subject to change)

February 9: Blog becomes active again.

February 11: Summary of Mr.Reggie will be given with explanations about several announced things.

February 10 – 17: Exclusive interview with revogaming.net with exclusive details about No End Soon.

February 17: Anonymous e-mail address will be published where people can give ideas privately, or send fan-made artwork to make new idea’s clearer.

T.B.A: New details about Revolution

March 21: Nintendo conference, second Revolutionary aspect will be fully revealed, including list of games which can be downloaded from day one. No End Soon backward compatibility game for exclusive features will be included in this list. Look for more information about this right after the announced at this blog.

T.B.A: Will be announced after March 21.

April 26: No End Soon has changed its name, which will be announced this day.

May 2006: “No End Soon (working name)†will be fully revealed at E3, playable at two different boots, Development Company will be revealed, Publishers will be revealed, release date will be announced, you will find out the real identities of both Mr.Inc and Mr.Rebus.

June 2006: Official website will launch, with forums, screenshots, videos. This blog will get removed and replaced by the official website. Future discussion regarding this project will continue at the official website.

2006: No End Soon releases in U.S.A, Australian and Europe.

Early 2007: No End Soon probably releases in Japan if publisher can be found.

NOTE: This does NOT mean Revolution will be released in 2007 in Japan.

Not too long to wait until they are proved real or fake.

Also, if anyone is interested... N5_Dev who claimed to be a insider and blogged at http://revolutionspecs.blogspot.com/ has addmited that he is a fake.

Dropping like flies :D

• 2 months later...