N-Europe

Revolution Development Blog

BigTac

On revo? or xbox360?

360, I had some hands on with it and I loved it. So realistic. I did ask about a Revolution release if it's possible. The EA rep only said that while they are developing Revolution titles they are looking at FNRound 3 and looking to see if they could do anything with the controller. They have some ideas but making it work perfect would be the challenge. But the moment they said it isn't coming for the Revolution.

In regard to the pic I think it's fake also but some of my co-worker think it's real.

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

wasnt there a link not too long ago about making your own Rev controller out of card board? that is exactly what that pic looks like. this makes me think 100% FAKE ass. entertaining though.

YEP. and the picture i posted is one i made form paper.

I would love if nintendo was able to make that directional rumbeling thing :yay:

But this blog looks that is not fake.we all know nintendo has the habit to hide everything and a game "made by us" would be cool. Just leave your ideias in that. If it's false than we all can laugh at the work they have typing all that. But I believe it's true.

I dunno, id see it (mic) as more of an unnannounced feature, i mean its obvious well see one nintendo love the things. N64 had a mic, GC had a mic, DS has a mic built in.

I think announcing the mic as the secret would just be a (huge) letdown, it would have to have a pretty special function to not be

To get back on topic, if the game is real it'll be pretty sweet by the sound of it. I reckon it's being made by the Swedish company Starbreeze that made The Chronicles of Riddick: Escape From Butcher Bay, which explains the slightly dodgy english. Anyone who played that game will know how sweet it was.

Sorry to double post, but I just read the Report of the meeting with NOE, and if this game is real(and I do hope it is), then it looks like it could be very very very good.

By the way, I looked on the blog and couldn't find that photo anywhere. Where the hell was it?

They're putting the blog on hiatus, supposedly because they're sick of people posting there complaining about their veracity and stuff, so they'll come back after Nintendo reveals stuff in January/ February, proving they're true, since they were the ones who anounced it. :indeed:

Yup. In addition of that those buttons are flat (as in paper), top of "controller" isn't even symmetric. Bad folding.

this image?

rev2.JPG

This was made by me. i was just making the point that it's easy to make a revcontrolert that looks like the image on his blog (this image)

nes.jpg

That photo isn't proof at all.

rev2.JPG

I'f I had used a mobile phone to take the picture it would look the same.

The blog dosen't scream FAKE. but i never trust blogs. I hope it's trough though.

Very good point, although the pic he used does scream fake. Look at the edges, it is completely straigh, so instead of having a curb for the indices on the controller, the one he apparently took a photo of has a sharp looking indice. Why is that a major flaw in his fake? I'l tell you, if something is remotely targeted at the younger audience in the market, your product must not have sharp edges. This mainly applies to furniture for kids, but some toys are targeted. And as you could imagine, it would be easy to cut your hand playing with the thing.

ALSO, notice how many annonymous comments the blogs have had with 'OMG that is so real, you cant be lying' ? Those could of come from any one, why would they withhold their identity? Nothings proven, but I think some ones using different identities to sway opinion. You know adverts? The company doesnt state the downsides, except for marmite...weirdos.

Another excuse not to believe about this, why is it a blog? Now, i cant think of any developers that use a free blogging site to promote their products. Developers tend to have their own sites, so its free to advertise on that site.

Now, onto the part which realy convinced me he is lying, the part were he stated he had CALLED NOE and got them to read he's site. Yeah, sure. What makes you think they are going to spare some random dude calling them a few minutes to read his blog. And to add on top of that, he doesnt reveal the full controller when nintendo said he could give people a sneak peek. Sneak peek??? We've seen the goddam thing, whats showing us it again gonna do?

Believe what you want, but something doesnt seem right...

Well they updated the blog with something to finish all the speculation.They said :

"The only thing we can confirm at the moment again, Nintendo will announce new detail regarding their upcoming console Nintendo Revolution late January or early February.

Meanwhile we’ve decided to put this blog on hold and come back directly after Nintendo announced the new details. We hope this will stop all the bashing/flaming some have been doing and contribute to our credibility."

He updated earlier today. I'm still not positive that he is fake.

I couldn’t stop myself from posting this. I’d like to tell you all we’ve received newer development kits a lot earlier than expected. These are pre-final development kits though. However they are an extreme improvement compared to the last one and include new prototypes of Hollywood and Broadway. I can conclude for sure now; don’t worry about the graphics, Nintendo will deliver again this generation! Not to mention Nintendo included amazing use full tools and a library of tech demo’s which are very use full in the progress to implant the third revolutionary feature in No End Soon.

In other news we’ve managed to create build 1 and get it running at the previous development kits. It’s all very basic but some things make use of the controller already! More about this when we’re fully back.

As well I’d like to give you an exact date when we’ll fully return. Right after Mr.Reggie has spoken early February at D.I.C.E Summit 2006 we’ll return. As we’ve said already Nintendo would release new details about Revolution late January or early February, which has become early February. Are we only good guessers or do we know more than you all think after all? It’s you to decide.

We know what Mr.Reggie will announce and all I can tell you is; Look forward to it, don’t expect an E3-a-like announcement, but a nice solid amount of new information which will keep the community busy for a while!. We’ve already received a new policy ( included with the new development kits ), which will become active right after his announcements. You should look forward to his speech and check this blog right after his speech. Within a few hours after Mr.Reggie his speech we’ll update with lots of news. This new policy allows us to reveal many more things, so you can expect a very long read and .... maybe even more.

http://www.sitemeter.com/default.asp?action=stats&site=s11tfosibu

Could be a coincidence but look at the very last part in the link and read it backwards.

Now I have very cloase contacts with Ubisoft. I do know some titles in development myself and as you know they are a making a exclusive FPS but I can't get any info of that title. Last week I talked with 3 developers(including Ubi) about this blog and none of them commented. But I'm still curious on the coincidence on how much talk we have heard of since Dec.2 the day he said developers can talk a little more on the Revolution.

I do know that final dev kits are going out in late January/Feb. On the rumor about PPU in the Revolution. I would just say that one developers told me that PPU will become a part on game consoles in the future. So the PPU is still a rumor.