Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

iOS Gaming Thread

flameboy

Downloaded based purely on those two screenshots.

Also thanks for the previous recommendations, they kept me very entertained on my flight home. I even put some money into Zombie Cafe I enjoyed it so much. Amateur surgeon is definitely a favourite too.

• Replies 191
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Downloaded based purely on those two screenshots.

Also thanks for the previous recommendations' date=' they kept me very entertained on my flight home. I even put some money into Zombie Cafe I enjoyed it so much. Amateur surgeon is definitely a favourite too.[/quote']

Yeah Zombie Cafe is pretty darn good. How much did you pay for toxin? I'm considering it. Worth trying out Lil Pirates if you like that. Again another freemium game where you don't have to put money into it to succeed. You use beer to recharge your pirates but instead of having to buy it you can do mini games to recharge instead I'm level 15 on that.

MovieCat! is amazing love the round where u have cartoon cats dressed up and have to guess the film or where they are quoting the film...so good.

Do I have you added on gamecenter?

Yeah Zombie Cafe is pretty darn good. How much did you pay for toxin?

I just did $5, enough to do a remodel and get going. Seems like you get very little from actually playing though which is a bit rubbish.

My game centre ID is the same as on here, will' - not sure if I have you added.

I just did $5' date=' enough to do a remodel and get going. Seems like you get very little from actually playing though which is a bit rubbish.

My game centre ID is the same as on here, will' - not sure if I have you added.[/quote']

I'll add you would be cool to compare games and keep up on what each others playing etc...seems like your as into iOS gaming as me..I'm aducker84 on there.

So a few more little picks from me:

Shadow Guardian is reduced to 59p for a limited time. I've bought it gonna try it out tonight. It's the Uncharted rip off.

Also worth a try at the moment is Real Racing and Real Racing 2 both down to half until 14th. The first game is slightly more arcadey whilst 2 takes a sim approach.

Also worth a look is Sword and Poker which has recently been re added after an absence. Its a dungeon crawling RPG with the battle system replaced by a puzzle quest grid with the twist of playing cards instead of matching gems your trying to match...really good theres a lite version to try and a sequel thats identical just with different dungeons.

Shadow Guardian...seems good but I just got bored halfway into it. I find it weird playing an adventure game on an iPhone. I just can't finish them!

Real racing 2 though is brilliant!

Yeah I am kinda the same...Properly struggled through Battlefield Bad Company. Thing is they do offer some great experiences that are more console-esque for a fraction of the cost. I mean Shadow Guardian offers 4-5ish hours of gameplay (apparently) at a regular price of what £2.99 currently 59p? Thats comparable to say Vanquish which apparently is in the same region however perhaps more replay value.

Tons of valentines sales running today. Best is probably nova 2 the halo rip off by gameloft for just 59p. FIFA 11 also 59p.

Another cool game I picked up in Championship Manager Legends '70s. Eidos have taken a fantastic direction with the series and released a game set in the 70's and using real headlines, a very 70's aesthetic. I only hope they carry on with series and create an 80's and even better a 90's one.

NBA JAM is now out and looks and plays superbly. Shame it's got no multiplayer mode. That's like making it for a home console and having no online option. oh. Wait...

yeah saw it was out not sure how much longevity is in there...

Oh you were right about Shadow Guardian...I think the climbing got annoying and lame very quickly didn't feel as interesting or compelling as Uncharted or as organic for that matter, but hell what can you expect from a mobile game.

TellTale's Back to the Future is now on the app store' date=' I believe it's 3.99 in the UK. Downloading now for some playing tonight. Really hope it's a good one.[/quote']

No ipad :( Gonna have to wait for PS3 version to hit.

EDIT:

Although did just get free copy of the first one on PC and gonna wait and see how well that runs when I have time

My favourite freemium game Lil Pirates has just been updated and now doesn't work grrrr....anyway though thats ok because found another great freemium game called Zombie Isle works well and again one that doesn't rely wholly on spending.

Also GO GET THIS:

It's called Puppet War:FPS and is FREE for today and today only well worth a download!

So Kairosoft's follow up to Game Dev Story is not as expected the Games Retailer game but instead;

Hot Springs Story

Build and manage the ultimate Japanese hot springs inn in this one-of-a-kind simulation from Kairosoft.

Rooms, restaurants, arcades, and baths--position each facility to lull your guests into hot spring Nirvana and skyrocket your establishment to fame!

Craft the perfect Japanese garden from lanterns, pine trees, azaleas, and more--you'll need it all if you want to attract VIPs like pop stars and novelists.

There can only be one #1! Do you have what it takes?

Turn your device to rotate the screen, touch to scroll, and pinch to zoom in and out.

Supports iPhone, iPod touch, and iPad.

Note: Screen rotation and zoom are only available on iPhone 3GS and later, iPod touch 2nd generation and later, and iPad.

The game now lets you switch between English and Japanese.

mzl.pniydziy.320x480-75.jpg

mzl.vzyuihea.320x480-75.jpg

I'm gonna wait for the lite version to hit I think I mean sure its still got that the same charm but I'm not sure I'd find it as compelling, but then if the core gameplays still there why wouldn't it be fun? It's £2.39.

• 2 weeks later...

Just to say Speedball 2 is out and is 59p for a limited time only. Downloaded it hoping its not clumsy as the gameboy advance version was. Download it NOW! So we can see all the other awesome Bitmap Brothers games come out like Chaos Engine etc...!

• 1 month later...

Ok so a few new highlights here;

Dead Space is down to 59p for this weekend only both on ipod/iphone and ipad.

Also Swords and Sworcery is finally out on ipod/iphone at £1.79 and the ipad version becomes universal. For those who don't have a clue what it is here's a video;

Has an amazing pixel art style.

Also a bit of news for fans of Kairosoft the studio of Game Dev and Hot Springs Story fame;

Yesterday we reported that Game Dev Story developer Kairosoft has released another resource management-sim on the Japanese App Store. School of Pocket, as Google Translate calls it, is largely the same as the studio's previous titles, but it lets you manage a school.

School of Pocket will be Kairosoft's fourth iOS management-sim, joining Game Dev Story, Hot Springs Story, and The Game Dealer (Waiwai! in Japanese). Of those, only Game Dev Story and Hot Springs Story are currently available outside Japan. Both earned impressive Pocket Gamer Silver Awards at review.

Kairosoft has just confirmed to Pocket Gamer that English language versions of School of Pocket and The Game Dealer are “scheduled”, though the release date “is undecided.”

It's unlikely that these games will deviate significantly from the dependable Kairosoft management formula, but if you've achieved all you can in the fields of game development and resort management they're worth looking out for later the year.

World of Goo is out on iPhone now. What's the difference between this and the HD version. No smart arse answers please! I mean, is the HD one so you can play on iPad as well or would I be ok just getting the normal one if I only want it for the phone?

1-up Mushroom

Support N-Europe!

Get rid of advertisements and help cover hosting costs on N-Europe

Become a member!