NEurope
Guy

A Solution to the Thanks Problem

I've heard whispers on the digital wind. Tales of thankable posts going unthanked thanks to someone exceeding their daily limit. Blowing their wank thank load too early and not giving someone the recognition or praise they deserve.

I know it is crude, but I have created the below image to INCITE CHANGE and REVOLUTION. Let's put the REVOLUTION back into N-EUROPE and get our daily thanks limit raised to an acceptable level!

The mods and admins have been listening to people a lot more lately. Perhaps now they will hear our cries for help. And we will thank them for it... with our new added thanks.

Ladies and gentlemen, I present to you... the Makeshift Thanks.

makeshiftthanks.jpg

Found at this URL: http://img29.imageshack.us/img29/4673/makeshiftthanks.jpg

Now we can thank each other to our heart's content.

Hm no people would spam the thanks button I think. It should only be used in seriously circumstances because it's serious shit :)

Hm no people would spam the thanks button I think. It should only be used in seriously circumstances because it's serious shit :)

makeshiftthanks.jpg

See? It really works!

I love it. The thanks system is fine as is. Having too much is silly, but this revolutionary image could solve all our problems.

Here's a solution... use the thanks button properly!

I've never run out of thanks and don't really want to see that boring image appearing everywhere if I'm honest.

Here's a solution... use the thanks button properly!

I've never run out of thanks and don't really want to see that boring image appearing everywhere if I'm honest.

Would you prefer more colours? Perhaps a font or two?

Or you can reply to the message saying "thank you" , "that was brilliant", some other custom message. In the case of ReZ's posts you can simply say that it was unbelievably cringe-worthy.

It means more when someone has written a personal reply.

Just to say that if a post solely has that image in, or doesn't contribute in anyway to the thread, then it's just going to get deleted.

Just to say that if a post solely has that image in, or doesn't contribute in anyway to the thread, then it's just going to get deleted.

Spoilsport. You just don't WANT us thanking people more! It's an admin conspiracy! You're afraid all the extra thanks will give the members so much confidence that they'll overthrow the admins!

And to be fair, I've seen much less contributive posts on these forums.

Edited by Dannyboy-the-Dane

Personally I think we could do with a couple more thanks a day.

Personally I think ReZ would save a lot of thanks if he didn't just thank everyone who thanked his post, or said "that was cool" or whatever.

And personally I don't think they should be called 'Thanks.'

Not-so-personally; I'm sure it'll be fun and lolol if we all use these for a while, but it sucks when you see a thread you're enjoying has a new post and -- oh, it's just a stupid thanks image, not an actual reply that in any way adds to the discussion.

So I'll do that sitting-back and letting the riot act itself out.

I think the 'thanks' should have been called - yes like on facebook - 'Like'. A like would have been better, that's essentially what a thank is anyways and doesn't really make sense, what are you thanking them for? Nothing,

Your doing a thanks coz you like it. Which i think I have contradicted myself, I'll shut up and be over here ---------------------------->

Edited by James

I'm against that image. Just be a bit more reserved with your thanks. Maybe limiting one per page*, or something

*(Note: Suggestion for users. Not a suggestion for mods to put in regulation.)

I would thank one of Jayseven's posts, by the way, but I've made my point with the first Thanks, and this post.

If it wasn't for people constantly posting "Aw, if I didn't run out of thanks I'd thank you!", I wouldn't even know you could run out.

I think it's fine without this. It makes getting a thanks that more special and 'feel-good'.

Or you can reply to the message saying "thank you" , "that was brilliant", some other custom message.

It means more when someone has written a personal reply.

Indeed, my preference as well. Haven't actually used a single thanks yet...

The thanks button is nice every now and then but if you run out of thanks, so what? If you are so desperate to thank someone, yet don't want to make a proper post, you can always write a PM.

If we have more thanks it might become what the "like" button is for facebook and actually kill good conversation because everyone just thanks instead of contributing.

I never run out of thanks and I use it to thank staff for doing things (graphics, news reports etc). Y'a'll are just sluts.

ReZ asked for "thanks". He got "thanks". He must live with the consequences :p

DAMN YOU, YOU STUPID GREEN FONTED BASTARactually, I'm fine with thanks. I just need more of them.

ReZ asked for "thanks". He got "thanks". He must live with the consequences :p

Say what....I didn't.

I've never run out of thanks either, I don't even know what the limit is. I feel like I thank enough already without needing more. Maybe others are just more easily impressed than I am :p

Having said that, I don't see the harm in raising it. I doubt it'll be abused that much (if at all). It's not like we all have thank counters visible on every post so there's not going to be any obvious elitism or anything.