N-Europe

Toriyama Returns To Dragon Ball

Dante

Dragon Ball Kai is a HD remaster of the series. It basically follows the manga more stringently and removes the hours and hours of pointless filler present in the original anime series.

There are new intro and ending themes, new music and new voice acting. Some scenes have also been redrawn because of flashing attacks or they were deemed unusable for the remaster.

It has divided fans, but I view Kai as the definitive version of the story.

It was immensely satisfying to witness his personality transform throughout the series.

The greatest scene I loved the most with Vegeta was the also in the cell saga near the end the 2 scenes where he sees future trunks die right in front of his eyes and he just goes on a full rampage on Cell. and then later when Gohan was using all his energy into ka me ha me ha and through all that time you see the other Z fighters trying to annoy Cell with little to no effect and Vegeta just standing and watching, only to finally give in and also put a huge blast into Cell. Which led Gohan into defeating Cell.

Yeah DBZ is awesome!!!

Dragon Ball Kai is a HD remaster of the series. It basically follows the manga more stringently and removes the hours and hours of pointless filler present in the original anime series.

There are new intro and ending themes, new music and new voice acting. Some scenes have also been redrawn because of flashing attacks or they were deemed unusable for the remaster.

It has divided fans, but I view Kai as the definitive version of the story.

Does it remove the episode where Gohan has the abusive tutor? :(

Does it remove the episode where Gohan has the abusive tutor? :(

It removes everything that wasn't in the original manga. With the exception of Gregory, I think. He's too prominent to remove.

Awesome current Kai intro:

I love how they constantly amend it, but GOOD LORD, take the Saibamen attack sequences out already guys. There's loads of other stuff they could replace those with.

Edited by Guy

• 4 weeks later...

Dragon Ball Returns to Manga in 'Dragon Ball SD'

screen-shot-2010-11-17-at-5.14.15-pm.jpg

Dragon Ball fans waiting for the legendary franchise's return to the medium that spawned it were disappointed to learn this week that it is not to be -- at least, not exactly. As confirmed by Dragon Ball fansite Daizenshuu EX, the property has spawned a new manga, Dragon Ball SD, which will appear in the new magazine, Saikyô Jump. Written and drawn by Naho Ooishi, the project will not involve creator Akira Toriyama, and will most likely not be canonical in any way.

Dragon Ball SD will retool the original concept to appeal more to children, although that seems hardly possible given the enduring popularity of Goku's original adventures. The project will be in full color and launch 26 years to the day of the original Dragon Ball's debut in Weekly Shônen Jump #51 in 1984.

At the moment there's no word of if or when Dragon Ball license holder Viz Media will port Dragon Ball SD to English, but the publisher's recently launched iPad app would seem an ideal way to introduce the material.