N-Europe

Back to the Future is 25 years old!!!

flameboy

Fantastic movie and a fantastic trilogy. It does everything right and delivers until the very end. Perfectly cast too, even if they made a massive booboo at first. I recently read Michael J. Fox's first book and there was a lot of information about Back to the Future crammed into it. The way in which he came to finally land the role and his mindset at the time was particularly interesting.

I saw the re-release up there on the big screen too. One of the coolest cinematic experiences I've ever had. Well worth seeing if it's still around. Here's hoping they do the other two at some point in the future.

This is for all of you:

Edited by Guy

I really, really want that box set. Perhaps at Christmas.

Also, the films definitely stand the test of time. I saw parts 2 and 3 a few years ago, and part 1 two weeks ago (and then re-watched 2 and 3 and they were even more awesome than before). Brilliant films.

that was awesome,

plus a shout out to the actual theme and soundtrack to the films being some of the most awesome of all time

yeah yeah they are! Own them such good albums.

EDIT:

WTF Elijah Wood is one of the kids in Cafe 80's playing on wild gunman!!!

524px-Wild_Gunman_kids.jpg

Edited by flameboy

EDIT:WTF Elijah Wood is one of the kids in Cafe 80's playing on wild gunman!!!

It's funny finding out small parts that some famous people did when they were younger. Such as how Zac Efron's first role was in Firefly.

Anyway, is anyone interested in Back to the Future: The Game?

http://www.telltalegames.com/bttf

You can pre-order the series (5 episodes) for $25.95 (I paid by PayPal and it was £16.16).

I've loved all the Telltale games I've played before (Sam & Max, Strong Bad, Tales of Monkey Island, Wallace & Gromit). Hopefully this is the same.

It's funny finding out small parts that some famous people did when they were younger. Such as how Zac Efron's first role was in Firefly.

Anyway, is anyone interested in Back to the Future: The Game?

http://www.telltalegames.com/bttf

You can pre-order the series (5 episodes) for $25.95 (I paid by PayPal and it was £16.16).

I've loved all the Telltale games I've played before (Sam & Max, Strong Bad, Tales of Monkey Island, Wallace & Gromit). Hopefully this is the same.

yeah theres a code to get the first episode for free. Follow these instructions:

The Back to the Future Blu-Ray trilogy has a videogame-related surprise. According to Joystiq, the movie set--which hits shelves on October 26--ships with an insert that guarantees owners a free copy of the first game (PC or Mac) in Telltale Games' five episode Back to the Future: The Game series. All one must do in order to get in on the deal is hit this special URL, enter in the non-unique code "121GIGAWATTS," and wait. The site, as of right now by the way, isn't accepting the code.

It's implied, but the first game won't be arriving the day these inserts get into peoples' hands. In fact, Telltale says that the insert offers nothing more than a registration for a free copy of the game. When the title is ready to ship--and mind you it's undated, though "Winter" is still the release window--the studio will notify those who have used the voucher that their free copy of the game is available.

http://www.giantbomb.com/news/first-ep-of-telltales-back-to-the-future-series-free-with-blu-ray-set/2646/

I'm looking forward to it but do wonder what it will do that different from the likes of sam and max, monkey island etc...as whilst there is differences between each of them, they are all within themselves a bit samey. However its just gonna be outright cool to be playing as Marty etc... I plan on trying out the first episode on PC and then picking up the full season on PSN.

Gametrailers have been running semi-daily updates on its progress:

http://www.gametrailers.com/game/back-to-the-future/13337

Looks interesting and there are a few tidbits as to where they are taking the characters (a younger Doc Brown for example!) Also the bloke they have to do the voice or Marty is pretty darn good.

I heard about this game a while back but completely forgot about it. I don't see how it can possibly suck. Everything in those Gametrailers videos looks amazing.

well it would suck if you didn't like point and click adventures or more accurately tell tales modern versions of the genre. I mean I've played a couple of the first season of sam and max, two episodes of Strong Bad, the 1st of tales of monkey island and currently working my through Sam and Max Season 2 and they good just not sure they would be everyone's cup of tea.

EDIT:

Now this BTTF game was awesome only released in JPN though but amazing:

worth tracking down. I've played it and loved it.

well I've finished off watching all the special features on the set and well worth the price great movies.

However as the credits rolled I began to think...this is one of the last big movie franchises not to have had some kind of sequel or reboot and I'm very surprised at that but also very glad...I can imagine them doing something awful like making Zac Efron Marty urgh the thought makes me sick.

well I've finished off watching all the special features on the set and well worth the price great movies.

However as the credits rolled I began to think...this is one of the last big movie franchises not to have had some kind of sequel or reboot and I'm very surprised at that but also very glad...I can imagine them doing something awful like making Zac Efron Marty urgh the thought makes me sick.

SHHHHH, they'll hear your post, if there ever was a reboot it would be dreadful, nothing can top the original.

The new box set is looking very tasty though, wish I had the cash to put down for it but I think it'll be a while before I can get my hands on it if ever, I do have them on DVD already but I want the mini delorean =(

I wore my Tshirt to celebrate the birthday though, I can't get enough of it.

1282675945_top_88mpg.jpg

SHHHHH, they'll hear your post, if there ever was a reboot it would be dreadful, nothing can top the original.

The new box set is looking very tasty though, wish I had the cash to put down for it but I think it'll be a while before I can get my hands on it if ever, I do have them on DVD already but I want the mini delorean =(

I wore my Tshirt to celebrate the birthday though, I can't get enough of it.

1282675945_top_88mpg.jpg

ooooh where's that t-shirt from? I have a god awful one that says something like if "flux my capacitor and i'll play with your jiggawatts" god knows who came up with that dumb idea for a tshirt.

How do you get up to 88mph in a car park?

I see your Elijah Wood cameo and raise you one perverted child:

One of the nicest scenes in the third movie forever ruined.

That's awesome, but people always spot some obscure thing in films. Like the anal beads in Disney's Cinderella

s_582869-120x120.jpg

Edited by Dog-amoto

ooooh where's that t-shirt from? I have a god awful one that says something like if "flux my capacitor and i'll play with your jiggawatts" god knows who came up with that dumb idea for a tshirt.

I got it from Teefury but their deals are 24hours and it's gone =/

88mph in a car park? Get chased by LIBYANS