N-Europe

The Gentlemen's Mafia - Game Thread

Jonnas

Ok, Ill spell it out. Roleblocking is an unfortunate side effect of something else my power does which benifits you.

A straight answer would have been nice but do you mean to say that you did indeed recieve the peeps as targetting maddog?

I already gave a staight answer, I've given all the PMs I recieved BEFORE you asked originally for me to confirm the PM. Though I left the end off Night 2's and now am starting to believe Tales. I left it off because I didn't want anyone else to point it out before he saw it, or make a defense for him.

Night 2: ReZ

ReZ was targeted by Tales, it seems.

The seems implies some shiftyness which I never even picked up on until my original post with all the PMs. All the other PMs are exactly how I got them.

I don't see why I should tell people who I am, when all I know about you is that you're a reverse tracker. I don't think you've given lots of information, like you claim you have. =/

A full statement/explanation of my power and a complete list of my targets and PMs recieved as a result? Did I miss something, did somebody give more than that? Pretty much the only thing I haven't said is my name.

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A full statement/explanation of my power and a complete list of my targets and PMs recieved as a result? Did I miss something, did somebody give more than that? Pretty much the only thing I haven't said is my name.

There's been many people (including me) who have given their role and targets though. So you're not the only one.

Also, sidenote, you're normally not allowed to directly copy-paste the information from your PMs in here. Not sure that rule applies to this game, but that's how it's been for the old games at least.

ReZ, you seemed very suspicious of Zell when he said he was robbed. Any reason why you don't trust him?

Because he comes along when we've pinned him in a category of mistrust, whilst he has remained in the shadows all match and paints himself in a victim-like state by saying he got robbed, which is something that no one else has mentioned all match.

I retract my previous exclamation.

Found the post and supports my argument.

Night 3: Diageo

Quote:

While you could not find Diageo's room, it seems plenty of people targeted MadDog!

Cube, Ellmeister and even MadDog himself!

Had ThePeeps swapped Diageo and Maddog the PM should have shown ThePeeps targetting Maddog. I wonder why this doesn't concern you more Rummy.

There's been many people (including me) who have given their role and targets though. So you're not the only one.

Also, sidenote, you're normally not allowed to directly copy-paste the information from your PMs in here. Not sure that rule applies to this game, but that's how it's been for the old games at least.

I see, as it wasn't in the rules I assumed it was cool. When I first started playing mafias I would ask what I could do or say, and generally got the response that I could say I could say whatever I liked in the game.

I retract my previous exclamation.

Found the post and supports my argument.

Had ThePeeps swapped Diageo and Maddog the PM should have shown ThePeeps targetting Maddog. I wonder why this doesn't concern you more Rummy.

You've pointed it out a few times, I've got my own thinkings of the reasons for it, though I'm also waiting for Peeps to address it somewhat.

Ok I can clear this up now. I actually could've before but I misunderstood and missed some stuff.

Checking the role PM Aqui1a and myself originally received - Marlene is the head maid - Marleigh was the head butler. My maids are tasked with switching the targets thus my actions are harder to track. So my PM says.

I know this might look convenient/suspicious coming out with this now but I honestly didn't fully read the PM until now (as it wasn't my original role) because I only focussed on the first half which shows my original role and skimmed the latter.

Had The Peeps not swapped Diageo and MadDog then you wouldn't have targeted MadDog instead of Diageo.

Well yes but I'd already said that (@Marc)

And Cube is right, Rummy targeted Diageo and got MadDog's results which proves I did what I said.

Marlene is a target switcher but it's her maids that do the actual switching which makes it harder to track my actions.

Now I'm thinking, why would Jonnas add that to a townie role unless he knew there was a mafia reverse tracker... why hide info like that from a fellow townie role? This keeps Rummy in my suspicions but not more than Gmac.

Also I don't think we've had a response to this question yet though it's been asked a couple of times... Cube and Rez, what makes you think Rez was the original target for the killer last night?

The reason I wanted the target switcher confirmed is that that doesn't appear to be what happened.

Aside from you (ThePeeps) not showing up as a targetter of Maddog (which he must have to have switched targets) Rummy's PM says that Maddog targetted Maddog... and if I am right its quite irregular to be allowed to target one's self... even less so depending on what Maddogs power is (if I recall its an investigator of some kind?)

What it sounds more like is that Diageo was wearing a "maddog mask", much like what happened with Chair and ReZ.

You did bring it up a couple of pages back but I totally didn't catch on to what you were specifically referring to. I didn't even realise I didn't show up as targeting MadDog until just now.

I know Rummy quoted his targets a few pages back but my only excuse is that I've been viewing the thread while I was supposed to be paying attention to my lecturer at Uni, so I wasn't giving it my full attention.

When I did realise, it reminded me of what was said in my role PM so I went to double check.

So there's the truth, the whole truth and nothing but the truth. I fully understand why I'd still be suspicious but there's not really anything else I can give you except....

This may help but probably not; here are my targets for every night:

Night 1 - The Peeps (Butler) and Diageo (his original character who was killed that night, he then replaced Dan-Likes-Trees.

This means whoever killed Diageo had intended to kill me on night 1 - this info has been posted already

Night 2 - The Peeps and Rez This is the night I died as The Butler but I suspect Aqui1a may have been roleblocked or something that night but it's all confused because Rez had targeted me I think and like 5 people ended up in the same room.

Night 3 - MadDog and Diageo (I took over from Aqui1a this night so these are MY targets from now on)

Night 4 - Diageo and Ellmeister

Night 5 - Mr-Paul and The Peeps

Also I don't think we've had a response to this question yet though it's been asked a couple of times... Cube and Rez, what makes you think Rez was the original target for the killer last night?

I don't see why you posted it if you're not going to explain it.

withdraw vote

Well yes but I'd already said that (@Marc)

And Cube is right, Rummy targeted Diageo and got MadDog's results which proves I did what I said.

Marlene is a target switcher but it's her maids that do the actual switching which makes it harder to track my actions.

Now I'm thinking, why would Jonnas add that to a townie role unless he knew there was a mafia reverse tracker... why hide info like that from a fellow townie role? This keeps Rummy in my suspicions but not more than Gmac.

That works on the assumption, or rather an intentional implication, that your role is town and mine is mafia. I know mine is definitely town, but that looked like a very clever attempt to try and still put suspicion on me and take it off yourself. Your story is all rather conveniently falling into place also tbh.

When they're true, they often do.

It wasn't an attempt as such as it wasn't planned. It was just a theory that came to me while writing the post. I'm suspicious of you not because you are of me but because of how relentlessly you've been badgering me.

As I've said, I fully understand how coming out with this info so late looks suspicious but I've explained everything I can so if you still suspect me there's nothing I can do about it.

Things that concern me:

Cube posting that Rez was the intended victim and ignoring (or just missing) requests for an explanation

Marcamillian roleblocking Rummy - why pick him when we know he's just a tracker?

Rummy's night 4 PM saying that Diageo slipped away - this implies Rummy wasn't redirected to Ellmeister as he should've been.

Did anyone else attempt to target Diageo on night 4? They should've come up with Ellmeister if I wasn't roleblocked or anything.