NEurope
Beast

Scre4m

Thing is, it seems the same as the first. It has exactly the same "jokes" and "observations". I'm expecting it to be awful, but hopefully I'm proved wrong.

I haven't looked at reviews other than ones from people who've seen it saying it was a return to form.

I'm so excited. I'm more excited about seeing this than going home to see my family I haven't seen in ages.

telephonedrew.png

Ideally I would've watched 2 and 3 again (I watched 1 in Uni for a lol cause the tutor never showed up) but I revised the synopsis of the last one and I've seen Scream 2 tonnes so know it inside out.

Lawl.

This was great for the most part. And....oh my god. Finale has two of the coolest lines I've ever heard.

Great fun,

"Don't fuck with the original."

Epic/.

I haven't looked at reviews other than ones from people who've seen it saying it was a return to form.

I'm so excited. I'm more excited about seeing this than going home to see my family I haven't seen in ages.

telephonedrew.png

Ideally I would've watched 2 and 3 again (I watched 1 in Uni for a lol cause the tutor never showed up) but I revised the synopsis of the last one and I've seen Scream 2 tonnes so know it inside out.

1) ADORE that picture. Like, I literally laughed out loud.

2) Same here. Everytime I see or hear an advert or see a poster, I have a grin on my face. Hopefully I'll be seeing it this weekend, if not definitely next week! A couple of my mates have seen it and they said it's back to the quality of the first movie so I'm literally so excited.

I also think it would be good because Wes Craven himself said that he would never do Scream 4 unless he saw a script that was like the first so it sounds promising.

I had SO MUCH FUN at this tonight! Better than I expected by far. :D

The entire last act had me open-mouthed, smiling in disbelief. [/only a slight exaggeration]

So great. If you love the series, you'll love this. I was prepared for it to be shit though, and it really wasn't.

I enjoyed it and was very pleased to hear that this movie paved the way for a new trilogy. Even the shittest Scream movie is miles better than other slasher horrors.

I was concerned they actually called this film Scre4m, but it seems not thankfully.

Cough*double standards*cough.

I'm unsure how this is double-standards. Obviously referring to my opinions of things like Sucker Punch, but dunno why...

I enjoyed this film, reminded me of when i watched the original all those years ago :P

I jumped more than my wife though which sucked.

So awesome. I really loved this movie. This strongly reminded me of how Scream used to be (and it helps that Kevin Williamson is back in the writing chair). Definitely better than Scream 3 but Scream is better. However, I think it's definitely on par with Scream 2.

The dialogue was awesome but...

the last part of the movie held one of the best lines in the entire world!

"Don't fuck with the original!"

im going to see this tomorrow. it should be fun i think. i hate 2 of the main characters so i hope they die :) (in the nicest possible way xD)

It should be fine. Even though 3 was the worst, it still had jokes to tell me. And Parker Posey is life. And Courtney Cox's fringe is a vision.

scr3coub.jpg

The best thing about Scream 3.

--

Such a decent film. Shame about the box office takings, I'm guessing that'll be it for the series. But still, I loved every second. I was completely shocked when the killer was revealed, and the finale was just brilliant. A little understated at points though.

"Your lemon squares taste like ass".

The Box Office isn't THAT bad.

The films don't cost much to make (relative to other big hollywood films) so that always helps. If they're planning a 5th, I doubt the earnings for Scream 4 would put them off...

Artichoke sauce.

Wes Craven Talks Scream 5 and Scream 6

NEvlBqNTCyVrzB_1_1.jpg

Wes Craven talks Scream 5 and 6

Wes Craven is finishing up his press rounds for the upcoming horror sequel Scream 4, and the director seems pretty confident that this latest chapter is set to kick off a whole new trilogy. Back in October, Craven revealed that screenwriter Kevin Williamson's initial intension was to create three new movies that tied in with the first trilogy.

He went onto explain more with the following.

"When I had my first conversation with [screenwriter Kevin Williamson] about this whole thing, he had an idea for a new trilogy. And I think that was Bob Weinstein 's thing also about waiting so long - if there were to be a Scream 4,' there would also probably be a Scream 5 ' and a 'Scream 6' sooner or later so we could construct a new trilogy that kind of stood on its own. I think a very significant indicator of the dedication that Bob Weinstein has to this franchise is not doing the serious 'Scream' movie again for a long time. Not only has the audience been deprived of it for a long time, but enough time and events in the young characters' lives had a chance to occur. It's a process that I think all of us go through, trying to stay fresh and not repeating our last acts. What is next? What thoughts are in my mind that are original, thoughts that even surprise me, as opposed to looking up and going, 'Oh, I guess I can do one of those. I guess I can make a zombie movie!' We just need to keep it fresh and, in a sense, inspired. The thought that you can't even intellectually sit down necessarily and come up with something, but then a thought comes and hits you in the middle of the shower - that's your deepest subconscious creativity talking to you."

Scream 5 has not been given the green light at this time. An announcement can be expected shortly after Scream 4 debuts at the box offices, if the grosses are as to be as expected.

Scream 5 is in development and stars Neve Campbell, David Arquette.

Poignantly not including Courteny Cox? I guess it would be even more weird now her and David are divorced, but really..I'd prefer Gale was in it over Dewey. He never actually did much.

I read that at the premier they were laughing/dancing/getting on well, so it doesn't seem like it would be too super bad/awkward.

"A Good Breakup"

(Rom com, starring Katherine Heigil + people)

Saw this again tonight. Still very enjoyable, and cool looking at it after knowing the twists etc.

One thing that annoyed me -

The time it takes people to get to Kirby's house. I don't think it's ever explained where she lives exactly (unlike Olivia, who lived right beside Jill), but it takes Dewey and co fucking AGES to get there. Judy calls him the minute they find Mary McDonnels dead body and Sidney escapes in the car. But Sidney gets there AGES before Dewey and co. ALSO the killer (who was just at the house moments before Sidney left it) had to have got to Kirby's before Sidney (and it seemed like they had been there for quite a while - I suppose they implicate Trevor again by him arriving late, but before Sidney). The killer at the Roberts house was long hair guy (as Kirby picked Jill up in her car, confirmed by both IM and in their chats) - how did he get to the house that much before Sidney? And why did Dewey take so long?

Just noticed it more this time round.

Saw this again tonight. Still very enjoyable, and cool looking at it after knowing the twists etc.

One thing that annoyed me -

The time it takes people to get to Kirby's house. I don't think it's ever explained where she lives exactly (unlike Olivia, who lived right beside Jill), but it takes Dewey and co fucking AGES to get there. Judy calls him the minute they find Mary McDonnels dead body and Sidney escapes in the car. But Sidney gets there AGES before Dewey and co. ALSO the killer (who was just at the house moments before Sidney left it) had to have got to Kirby's before Sidney (and it seemed like they had been there for quite a while - I suppose they implicate Trevor again by him arriving late, but before Sidney). The killer at the Roberts house was long hair guy (as Kirby picked Jill up in her car, confirmed by both IM and in their chats) - how did he get to the house that much before Sidney? And why did Dewey take so long?

Just noticed it more this time round.

The last part that's bolded in the spoiler annoyed me and my mate a little but I could dismiss it and enjoy it. But yeah, it had a few plotholes but I enjoyed it.

Also, did anybody notice...

that Gale doesn't say "Go ahead if you have the guts" to the killer like she did in the trailer? She just got stabbed in the shoulder.

Points to anybody who face-palmed when Jill said her and Gale should write a book together because of their matching wounds. I did for two reasons: 1. Because of her not knowing about Gale and 2. As if Gale would ACTUALLY write a book with anybody else, what cheek!

There's lots of lines from the trailer not in the film, I noticed. ^

I made sure not the watch the trailer so luckily didn't notice any missing lines :D

There's lots of lines from the trailer not in the film, I noticed. ^

I genuinely disliked the fact Gale's "Go ahead if you've got the guts" line was cut. I was looking forward to the scene.

Saw it again a few days back, and loved it just as much. I can't believe it's not doing amazingly at the box office, it's a scarily decent film. All I can think of, is the fact that it's film number 4. Considering the previous one was 10 years ago, maybe it's just lost most of it's inbuilt audience? Or at least the audience it once had, now considers itself too old for the cinema and is waiting for the DVD.

Still. Genuinely worth the wait. Had the perfect balance of humour, and scares. I found myself almost disappointed with the ending though, before realising a second one was coming.

Edited by Slaggis