NEurope
chairdriver

MARVEL Mafia Game Thread

I mean, *no one* questioned Diageo the whole game, when his roleclaim was the worst thing I've ever read in mafia.

Fairly sure I did. This was a very frustrating game for me - away for the weekend when it started so I missed the first 3 phases, then muted for teh next 2 (or was it 3?) days, then when I finally get to talk and accuse diageo/peeps (iirc, cba checking) nobody follows and then I get killed that night for being a talky talker.

My role, as you know, meant I had no night powers, so I was cockblocked the entire game.

This kind of game requires more of a gambit approach in figuring out who is lying and who is siding with who. It was just depressing sitting back and watching nobody do anything.

Fair play to chairdriver for doing this sort of game. I will just say that theming the game is rather irrelevant if we're not having any sort of narrative at all.

I only remember silencing you once jay but maybe I'm mistaken.

The lack of write ups definitely crippled the town but on top of that, no one was coming forward with anything. We also got lucky with who we killed off the first few nights.

It was worth a try but I don't think a game without write ups could ever be fair on the town. It didn't help that a lot of people weren't active too.

I will just say that theming the game is rather irrelevant if we're not having any sort of narrative at all.

While yes, its largely irrelevant, it also adds focus. It gives a reason for you to have whatever powers you have. [/not sure what I'm saying / where I'm going]

They could have, if they had played the game. It felt as though everyone was waiting for someone else to do the thinking and detective work so that they didn't have to.

I mean, *no one* questioned Diageo the whole game, when his roleclaim was the worst thing I've ever read in mafia.

There was no way I believed that roleclaim I just died too soon to get evidence against it... When I died I thought either Jonnas or Diageo were mafia, Diageo for pushing so hard on a little mistake and Jonnas for being the first to vote on the mafia's obvious plan...

The mafia played it extremely well though I have to hand it to them. From people's comments it seems any time someone suspected one of them they were killed. They chose their targets very well.

As for the complaints about the Daredevil/Elektra role, (which was basically they both had to target the same player to kill them) the complaints seemed to ignore the fact Daredevil could have easily said:

"Elektra, target playerX tonight."

I actually much prefer the dual-vig set up to the single set-up. It means the mafia mind-controller cannot use the vig as a second night kill, and the fact it demands input from two different players means they are less likely to kill a townie impulsively.

And really, if they followed "vig-rules" (Obvious mafia members; inactives ; no action) there wouldn't necessarily need to be communication, because if they both target different players, then perhaps they shouldn't be killing anyone in the first place.

And that's that. At least my predictions were correct.

I actually strongly suspected Diageo for quite a while, but that would've distracted people from lynching Paj (whom I was suspecting from the moment he complained about the write-ups)

Fair play to chairdriver for doing this sort of game. I will just say that theming the game is rather irrelevant if we're not having any sort of narrative at all.

Yeah, what's the point in making a Marvel game if there's no setting/narrative? Could've easily been vanilla.

"Elektra, target playerX tonight."

Translation: "Mafia, please kill me. Roleblock me, too if I'm killing one of your guys"

Chair; perhaps our games would've benefitted from each other's time limit strategies :P

It's all very easy to say you had strong suspicions and everything, but if you do nothing the entire game, well then that's fuck all good for the town.

I found it interesting to watch. I'd have joined like I have all other previous games, but since you started this game so abruptly, well, my rule so far has been no more than 2 game. I think I would have posted more than some of you :p.

I'll be definitely up for a second experiment (in general), I also think it's just a matter of getting used to this.

It's all very easy to say you had strong suspicions and everything, but if you do nothing the entire game, well then that's fuck all good for the town.

...The fuck? I was the one who was constantly accusing others. Especially Paj. But no one listened to me, obviously.

Once I had him lynched, I planned to leap on you. That would never happen, obviously.

And of course, our only protector wasn't paying attention to the game, so our investigators died one by one.

We all saw how eager you were to jump on others, we were happy to keep you alive as you helped us so much. And then when you got lippy towards Paj, off you went.

We all saw how eager you were to jump on others, we were happy to keep you alive as you helped us so much. And then when you got lippy towards Paj, off you went.

The only one I helped you with was HeroicJanitor, dammit!

That's the only one you got killed, but you voted for plenty of people who weren't mafia.

Also we killed Rummy just because we didn't want him to win. :p

We redirected and blocked zell a fair few times ;)

It wasn't that he wasn't paying attention

This has to be my worst game ever! Since going back to uni I've had a lot of things on and so hadn't been keeping up. I was being quiet at the start because I was the doctor, but because I didn't know what was happening I never had anything to say! Then when the fingers came pointing I just panicked... really shouldn't claimed. Then I didn't send my PM in time to protect Dannyboy and he ends up dead (I was probably being roleblocked anyway). I think I just gave up after that point.

Sorry town, I sucked.

We diverted you many a time Zell, had to make sure you didn't protect our target.

Also, if my role was the worst role in the history of mafia games, and no one challenged me on it, and Zell protected me, either it wasn't so bad or the town is oblivious to the history of mafia.

We diverted you many a time Zell, had to make sure you didn't protect our target.

Also, if my role was the worst role in the history of mafia games, and no one challenged me on it, and Zell protected me, either it wasn't so bad or the town is oblivious to the history of mafia.

Like Dannyboy said, we were open to different/broken roles. I mean, I thought my role was pretty ridiculous myself, even if it was leaning on the underpowered side.

I kept investigating people and then the same night it seemed the mafia had similar ideas and killed them, which rendered me half useless, though then again I never came forward with my power anyway, so I guess I was pretty useless regardless :P

Whats the Mind Controller and Bus Driver do?

Whats the Mind Controller and Bus Driver do?

Mind controller:

Can make Person X target Person Y

Bus Driver:

Can target two people. Anyone who targets one of them will instead target the other.

We used this on a townie and mafia member each night - if anyone targeted the townie the result would be "mafia" and vice versa.

I thought that they were hugely powerful with the write-ups.