N-Europe

Jimmy Eat World [Invented Out Now!]

Ganepark32

Invented, the sixth studio album from Jimmy Eat World, was released today and as such, I thought a thread devoted not just to the new album but the band in general was a worthy thing to create, as Jimmy Eat World certainly have more credentials to justify one than some of the bands/artists who have threads.

Anyway, as mentioned, the new album is out today and if you haven't heard anything of it, here's the first single from it:

To me, it's certainly a grower as I wasn't too impressed the first time I heard that but I do enjoy it now.

Listening to the whole album as I type this up, and there are certainly better tracks on it than My Best Theory. Hell, you can check for yourself as the album is up for streaming at their Myspace page: http://www.myspace.com/jimmyeatworld. Everything from Heart Is Hard To Find to Mixtape is on the new album.

I'm really enjoying the album. Seems closer to Future in terms of song quality than Chase The Light.

So yes, if you've listened to it or intend to listen to it, chime in with your thoughts on it or the band, including their past efforts as Jimmy Eat World's discography is of a very high quality, with Clarity being one of the best rock albums ever in my opinion and the likes of Bleed American and Futures following closely. I know some fans moan about Chase The Light not being great but I really liked it

SUPERB! You agree with me! With the album order, that is.

JEW have always been a band that improves with multiple listenings, so when Chase The Light came out... I was a fanboy and refused to give the album a proper listen.

But I'd also stopped being a repressive, unlucky-in-love type.

Glad to hear it's back to Futures quality - that album was really their first attempt to be 'mainstream' (which is measured in terms of how many tracks off the album make it into The OC). I'll give the album a listen tomorrow.

SUPERB! You agree with me! With the album order, that is.

JEW have always been a band that improves with multiple listenings, so when Chase The Light came out... I was a fanboy and refused to give the album a proper listen.

But I'd also stopped being a repressive, unlucky-in-love type.

Glad to hear it's back to Futures quality - that album was really their first attempt to be 'mainstream' (which is measured in terms of how many tracks off the album make it into The OC). I'll give the album a listen tomorrow.

Jay, even if you hate One Tree Hill, it's worth checking out the finale of season 2 alone. JEW play two tracks of Futures (Work and Polaris) and Hear You Me of Bleed American live. Although Futures probably has more oustanding songs on it I think Chase This Light is better all round. I love them both but there is far too much hate for Chase This Light.

I'm downloading the new album now.

About four songs into the album, now. Definitely preferring it to CTL. Will have to get both albums on my ipod and go for some walks before I really decide.

For me Clarity, and Bleed American (to a lesser extent) had more 'anthems', Futures and from what I can tell of Invented are more melodic, more produced.

- Just been on wiki to check the producer, and yeah it changed for CTL and part of Futures. Guy with the surname 'Trombino' is 'back' for Invented, and while they're not especially emocore these days it's nice to see that there's a connection with their roots.

I'm seeing them (for the 3rd time) in November

w00t

I'll be going to watch them later in the year myself which will make it my second time - and because HMV still haven't completed work yet, it's going to be at the exact same place too as the venue has been changed.

I'm not a super massive fan, my brother is though, but I do like a lot of their songs - I'm really going so I can watch the support act who are my favourite band: Minus the Bear.

• 1 month later...

Went to watch these guys last night and it was a really good show.

They played Goodbye Sky Harbor which I'd always assumed to be one of those album songs that feels strangely neutered when done live because it would get cut to make it more manageable to perform. So I was quite surprised when it went on for about 10 mins or so.

Most of the songs were from Bleed America and Futures which for me have most of the best songs anyway but I was a little gutted they didn't play Just Tonight.