N-Europe

Devil (Movie)

ReZourceman

I went to see Devil today. For now I will just say it was better than I thought it would be and found a lot of enjoyment in watching it.

It is the first movie of the supposed trilogy of films written and conceived by M Night Shyamalan, but directed by other people. It was a surprising and nice touch that the opening titles even showed this with a logo and "Night Chronicles 1" on too.

Nice.

So I'll leave it at that for today, and inform you that tomorrows instalment of ReZourceman Daily is a review of this movie and urge you all to come back tomorrow to check it out.

devil-m-night-shyamalan-movie-trailer-first-look-1.jpg

I'm just totally put off by that line: "From the mind of..."

I mean, if you're going to stick the name of someone famous above a film just to sell it (hello, District 9), at least pick someone we haven't all given up on. And try not to make it sound like it was just something he scribbled on a napkin, which was subsequently stolen from a bin.

I'm just totally put off by that line: "From the mind of..."

I mean, if you're going to stick the name of someone famous above a film just to sell it (hello, District 9), at least pick someone we haven't all given up on. And try not to make it sound like it was just something he scribbled on a napkin, which was subsequently stolen from a bin.

Well its not like that at all/thats harsh. Its a little different to "Quentin Tarantino presents Hostel" as an example. And just because he hasn't been on forme recently....I mean he created one of my favourite movies of all time, so he gets a lifetime pass from me.

Average? Mother fucker. Go see Unreakable. ghuuuuuhhhhh. Loserville. Welcome to Loserville.

Saw that and The Sixth Sense and thought they were great but then Signs and The Village came out where he became average in my eyes, then The Happening where he became below average and then The Last Airbender did it for me.

Edited by Animal

Signs is easily his best film. Shame about his bizarre need for some kind of stupid twist. I also rate Lady in the Water because as poorly executed as it was at least he was trying to do something interesting.

The Happening is quite possibly the worst film I've ever seen.

Signs is easily his best film. Shame about his bizarre need for some kind of stupid twist. I also rate Lady in the Water because as poorly executed as it was at least he was trying to do something interesting.

Wohoo, I'm glad I'm not the only one who prefers Signs above all his other films.

I liked how it was a "faith" film disguised as a science-fiction story/alien invasion story. I also liked how strained the family looked, yet they regained their closeness when they were boarding up the house and protecting themselves. Also, over the course of those days, where they're reading into the invasion stories, listening to the radio and tv, etc.

I much prefer it over the Sixth Sense, which was great on first time viewing, and is still a strong film, yet I don't think it deserves as much praise as it gets. Signs is the better film for me.

Yeah, totally. I love all those things. It's the only one of his films where I think he manages to create real rounded characters (In Unbreakable they are laughably bland). They feel like a real and slightly odd family. The setting and whole tone is perfect. Great cast, too.

I absolutely love the bit when Merrill is watching the news and they show the footage of the children's party. I thought that was brilliant.

The story would have made more sense if the aliens' weakness was Ribena, though. :heh:

I would actually like to see if this movie is any good. I loved unbreakable (although it has bland characters, the story itself is what I enjoyed), sixth sense (even though someone spoiled it for me) and signs which creeps me out to this day. But when I heard about the village the lame twist, I decided that it would take great word of mouth before I saw another Shyamalan film.

I thought The Sixth Sense was to be honest, it totally had my eyes glued to the screen all the way through. I liked Signs but I didn't like it that much because of said twist which annoyed me a little and I've never seen Lady in the Water so I can't comment but I've heard nothing but bad things. What's it about?

Anyways, I do want to see Devil but I want to see The Other Guys more, haha. :p

Edited by Animal

I'm quite looking forward to seeing this...

Nighty has been a bit shit lately... but he has some decent ideas for films.

The "From the mind of" didn't seem upperty to me.

But more like, "His good idea, but not ruined by his bad script writing and shitty directing".

I thought The Sixth Sense was to be honest, it totally had my eyes glued to the screen all the way through. I liked Signs but I didn't like it that much because of said twist which annoyed me a little and I've never seen Lady in the Water so I can't comment but I've heard nothing but bad things. What's it about?

I didn't mean 'rate' it. It's not a god film but it's interesting to watch, if not a little embarrassing for MNS.