N-Europe

Dark Souls

Dante

Man I love this game. Just went hunting headless demons for demon titanite and now have Quelaag's Furysword +5. Those silver knights with the lances that were causing me much grief are now one-hit after a parry :D

Sen's Fortress though... man... fuck that place :heh: I keep trying to rush back through it and falling down.

If you can get through Sen's there's a lightning weapon along the way which is really neat at the time.

The lightning spear from the Mimic chest? Ya, grabbed that. I got through Sen's a while back actually, but I returned from Anor Londo to get the last demon titanite I needed for my sword. Now I can get back through it pretty easily, but in my haste I keep messing up the timed sprints between the swinging axes ::shrug:

The lightning spear from the Mimic chest? Ya, grabbed that. I got through Sen's a while back actually, but I returned from Anor Londo to get the last demon titanite I needed for my sword. Now I can get back through it pretty easily, but in my haste I keep messing up the timed sprints between the swinging axes ::shrug:

That makes it sound like you didn't open the short cut which I would have thought wasn't too hard to miss. Unless it's just the first couple of swinging axes you're mistiming, in which case there really isn't an excuse. Haste isn't valid:p

Man I love this game. Just went hunting headless demons for demon titanite and now have Quelaag's Furysword +5. Those silver knights with the lances that were causing me much grief are now one-hit after a parry :D

Sen's Fortress though... man... fuck that place :heh: I keep trying to rush back through it and falling down.

Quelaag's Fury Sword scales with Humanity, up to a maximum of 10 I think. I use it on a PvP build Darkmoon Covenant. As you don't lose the Humanity if defeated.

Wasn't there a shortcut you activate there (a descending cage) that lets you bypass a fair bit? It was a long time ago since I played, even though I did everything.

Also providing it hasn't been needed, Crystal Ring Shield is worth making ASAP. Does massive damage.

Wasn't there a shortcut you activate there (a descending cage) that lets you bypass a fair bit? It was a long time ago since I played, even though I did everything.

Also providing it hasn't been needed, Crystal Ring Shield is worth making ASAP. Does massive damage.

Not anymore. Got nerfed in a patch along with Iron Flesh and Dark Wood Grain Ring.

Not anymore. Got nerfed in a patch along with Iron Flesh and Dark Wood Grain Ring.

And the fog ring. That was ridiculous back in the day. It made it so that other players you fought couldn't target you at all and could barely see you. Absolutely ridiculous since without being able to target people it was really difficult to hurt them while they could still target you. :p

And the fog ring. That was ridiculous back in the day. It made it so that other players you fought couldn't target you at all and could barely see you. Absolutely ridiculous since without being able to target people it was really difficult to hurt them while they could still target you. :p

Yeah it's still not the most balanced game. Wrath of the Gods is spammed a lot, especially around Anor Londo were there are edges to fall off. I also come up against a lot of heavy armour builds, with very high poise using Havels/Giants set with a +15 greatsword - fucking devastating!

The PvP elements are the usual... people will resort to every single cheap exploit in order to win, other than engaging in fair competition... it's the reason these things get spoiled. That said, when you do run into someone who plays it right, it's amazing... it's a shame you can't arrange PvP vs a specific person, as gamefaqs would be the ideal place to arrange fair quality fights, where it an option... (never really got why it isn't, to be honest).

I'd love to get into a PvP match where the other guy wasn't constantly trying to backstab me, too. It seems to be everything everyone cares about (and it's a feature I despise, to be honest).

Edited by Oxigen_Waste

Hm thats weird, I've had some pretty decent PvP fights. Not many, to be fair (I almost never have any humanity), but out of maybe... 7 or 8 fights only one person constantly tried to circle me for a backstab.

Last night beat the bosses of Anor Londo on my first try! I also went back to some of the fights I struggled with before and it felt so good to finally flatten them. The wolf with the sword, the big guy in the tower basement, the valley of drakes....

The PvP elements are the usual... people will resort to every single cheap exploit in order to win, other than engaging in fair competition... it's the reason these things get spoiled. That said, when you do run into someone who plays it right, it's amazing... it's a shame you can't arrange PvP vs a specific person, as gamefaqs would be the ideal place to arrange fair quality fights, where it an option... (never really got why it isn't, to be honest).

I'd love to get into a PvP match where the other guy wasn't constantly trying to backstab me, too. It seems to be everything everyone cares about (and it's a feature I despise, to be honest).

You kinda can arrange PvP if you agree with someone where you'll drop a red stone so they can engage with you.

• 2 weeks later...

Damn! Fuck the last boss of this game. Seriously.

He's nice and simple, shouldn't really be that tough, but my build just isn't suited for him. Although my sword can do a lot of damage when I get chance, my only real hope is parrying, but his attacks are relentless!

I'm sure I could get the pattern down and finish him easily if it wasn't such a trek back to try again, I gotta say I hate that about this game. Every time I fight him I have to start by scrambling to recover my humanity/souls, and every time I die there's this crushing feeling of "oh ffs, I have to run all the way over here again..."

Don't get me wrong, I'm not bad at the game, I beat Smough and Ornstein in one attempt, the centipede demon in three, the kings in one... it's just this guy. I think strength would've been the way to go to beat him but I've focused on dex and only more recently decided to up my end/resistance (now that it's 50+k souls per level :/)

Tried for about 90 minutes tonight, including a brief spat of farming for souls, and now I give up for a night before I burst a blood vessel.

Edited by Shorty

Damn! Fuck the last boss of this game. Seriously.

He's nice and simple, shouldn't really be that tough, but my build just isn't suited for him. Although my sword can do a lot of damage when I get chance, my only real hope is parrying, but his attacks are relentless!

I'm sure I could get the pattern down and finish him easily if it wasn't such a trek back to try again, I gotta say I hate that about this game. Every time I fight him I have to start by scrambling to recover my humanity/souls, and every time I die there's this crushing feeling of "oh ffs, I have to run all the way over here again..."

Don't get me wrong, I'm not bad at the game, I beat Smough and Ornstein in one attempt, the centipede demon in three, the kings in one... it's just this guy. I think strength would've been the way to go to beat him but I've focused on dex and only more recently decided to up my end/resistance (now that it's 50+k souls per level :/)

Tried for about 90 minutes tonight, including a brief spat of farming for souls, and now I give up for a night before I burst a blood vessel.

I recommend pyromancy (max it out) and summoning Knight Solaire like Mat said.

Solaire is ah... not available for me unfortunately :heh: we had a... falling out.

I finished Gwyn off in the end with sheer guts! 10 Humanity, Quelaag's Furysword +5, fire protection ring, Flash Sweat, and then with the Hornet Ring, my parry crits were dealing >900 damage.

• 1 month later...

I had to restart this having lost my save file and in error I chose the thief class as I thought it was the only master-key class. Humbug. So now I need a pyromancy glove - where do I get one? Also, what do I need to make a lightning weapon? Im curently back where the blacksmith is, the one by the lightning trident beast thing. I was able to dick on him when I had pyromancy last time. Also I reread Sheikah's tip essay so no need to go over those again ;)

I had to restart this having lost my save file and in error I chose the thief class as I thought it was the only master-key class. Humbug. So now I need a pyromancy glove - where do I get one? Also, what do I need to make a lightning weapon? Im curently back where the blacksmith is, the one by the lightning trident beast thing. I was able to dick on him when I had pyromancy last time. Also I reread Sheikah's tip essay so no need to go over those again ;)

Easiest way for a non pyromancer to get the glove is to rescue Laurentius who is trapped in a barrel in The Depths (don't attack the barrel, roll into it). Then when you get back to Fire link Shrine he'll give it to you. If he ever asks you any questions always say no, or else he'll leave the shrine.

The giant blacksmith in Anor Londo by default can make lightning weapons. You just need a +10 weapon.

Where's the key for that? And finally, why are all these flies ceaselessly respawning near the bonfire in the big swamp area? I have no internet for patches so am I right in thinking they fixed that because I dont remember having to destroy a hive or anything. Actually one more thing, is it only the special type of purple moss that cures toxins?

P.S my hatred for those mukojins has reignited, no time for them at all

Oh yeah, I defeated that twat last time. Tried again 3 times a couple of days back... such a ridiculous fight. Tiny room, bum rushed by dogs, get rinsed in an instant. I now re-hate this game.

I can't be arsed. I really can't. My character is so weak compared with the one I had.