NEurope
Happenstance

ICO and Shadow of the Colossus: The Collection

Ahh... SotC is my second all time favourite game. Had this since release, only started playing it today, though. I had forgotten just how ridiculously perfect it is. I missed this dearly.

Also, to anyone saying lizards aren't essential... well, they're not, but that's not really playing the game, though, is it? Exploring that huge world is a very big part of it... and without lizards, quite a few spots will be out of reach!

Been playing through ICO and all I can say is OMG the f**king Water Wheel was so infuriating!!!! Turned out there was a simply solution to the timing but god it annoyed me sooooooooo much.

Ahh... SotC is my second all time favourite game. Had this since release, only started playing it today, though. I had forgotten just how ridiculously perfect it is. I missed this dearly.

Also, to anyone saying lizards aren't essential... well, they're not, but that's not really playing the game, though, is it? Exploring that huge world is a very big part of it... and without lizards, quite a few spots will be out of reach!

I see what you mean about exploring the game entirely. I love this game, but something about the lizards was grinding on me.

Totally bored me senseless although I feel like I owe it to my gamer's heart to see them both through. The horse Collosus bored me to tears after it wouldn't bend over after about an hour of watching YouTube clips/gamefaq searching and imitation and ICO has me totally lost in the bit after lowering the crane near the start. Tedium set in and that was me - bored senseless.

Totally bored me senseless although I feel like I owe it to my gamer's heart to see them both through. The horse Collosus bored me to tears after it wouldn't bend over after about an hour of watching YouTube clips/gamefaq searching and imitation and ICO has me totally lost in the bit after lowering the crane near the start. Tedium set in and that was me - bored senseless.

I finished ICO today and have to admit what you wrote is hard to disagree with. It's not a modern game and has a few old trappings that we no longer see so much in games. Also I'd like to think we have moved on from it's particular brand of puzzles or at least evolved them. However something about the atmosphere kept me interested and I'm glad I finished it clocking in at 6 hours 53.

Ico aged bery badly. I personally never thought it deserved the visionary status that's bestowed upon it, and I played it when it came out.

SotC, however, still holds up brilliantly. Even when it came out a lot of people were bored by it... I guess it's a game that separates the men from the boys!!!

SotC is the best game evAr. I genuinely pity anyone who hasn't defeated the final Colossus. I consider it one of the greatest moments in gaming.

Sold this today. Genuinely gutted I couldn't get into them as I always wanted a PS2 for these two games. SoTC was by far the better game but...even updated and in 3D I just couldn't get away with it. I got to the fourth Collosus and it annoyed me so much (the horse one) and I watched so many vids on it and guides etc that I just gave up. Maybe I don't have the time to play games as much these days - especially ones that demand so much of your time on one little thing. A super guide here would have been superb. Even a change in how you can climb them after a long time of failure would have been good.

Smacked of 'old skool' design yet the irony is that the older I get as a gamer, I prefer the more flexible gaming systems.

Ironically I picked up Sonic Generations instead!

The 4th collosus is the the low point before and after that is great.

It's just too much of a bitch to get that fucker to put it's head down so you can start the climb.

The 4th collosus is the the low point before and after that is great.

It's just too much of a bitch to get that fucker to put it's head down so you can start the climb.

No. You just have to get under the wall thingy. Easy. His head drops down in a matter of seconds.

Maybe I don't have the time to play games as much these days - especially ones that demand so much of your time on one little thing.

Really? I played from about the 5th Colossus to the very end of the game in one sitting during Extra Life. I think I only played it for 5 or 6 hours in that session. I thought the game was actually quite short.

No. You just have to get under the wall thingy. Easy. His head drops down in a matter of seconds.

See, that's what's supposed to happen and I tried this for absolutely ages. Seriously timed this at over an hour. I went underground, waited, went backwards and forwards and watched the horse looking into the underground holes for me and only once did it bend down. When it did this (eventually) I snuck round the outside to get on it but it then amazingly saw me (from behind it!) and the cycle started again. I was just confused as the vid I had running alongside didn't do this.

I seriously thought my game was bugged as I followed video/FAQ's perfectly but after so long I couldn't be bothered to start again. My nephew had a go a few weeks later and he said the same thing. We even tried a new method of jumping from the horse onto the back legs but getting to the next level seemed to need super-human luck when it bent its back legs.

So, we genuinely thought that the PS3 version of the game was bugged!

I'll be watching YouTube clips of it all from here on out which, as I said, is a real shame as I was loving the vibe the game had.

See, that's what's supposed to happen and I tried this for absolutely ages. Seriously timed this at over an hour. I went underground, waited, went backwards and forwards and watched the horse looking into the underground holes for me and only once did it bend down. When it did this (eventually) I snuck round the outside to get on it but it then amazingly saw me (from behind it!) and the cycle started again. I was just confused as the vid I had running alongside didn't do this.

I seriously thought my game was bugged as I followed video/FAQ's perfectly but after so long I couldn't be bothered to start again. My nephew had a go a few weeks later and he said the same thing. We even tried a new method of jumping from the horse onto the back legs but getting to the next level seemed to need super-human luck when it bent its back legs.

So, we genuinely thought that the PS3 version of the game was bugged!

I'll be watching YouTube clips of it all from here on out which, as I said, is a real shame as I was loving the vibe the game had.

Well, I just went and challenged him again just to be sure. As soon as I got under the tunnel thingy, no more than 20 seconds after he was above me, there his head was. So if it's a game problem, it's with your game, since mine's on ps3 too.

Started Shadow of the Colossus HD. First thing, the controls felt a bit 'slippery' to me, especially when I was climbing & jumping but I got used to it pretty quickly.

While I was heading towards the place the beam of light pointed to, I noticed that there weren't any other monsters/creatures that you have to fight. Anyway, came across the first Colossus (bloody massive...). Had no idea I was supposed to take it down so imagine how surprised I felt when it swung that mahussive weapon at me.

I will say this however, the game is beautiful in its own artistic way. So far so good.

I loved SotC back in the day. It's such a unique game and I can see why people were excited for The Last Guardian. I never did play Ico though, but I do have it ( also SotC ) to play thanks to PS+.

I thwarted half of the bosses but I haven't played it in over a month. The visuals hold up really well but the game doesn't feel fun to play, it's more of a spectacle than anything else.