NEurope
The fish

Dude With Funny Hat Visit Third-World Country

Pope-Benedict-XVI_6.jpg

Yes, that's right, His Holiness The Pope is coming to the UK, landing in Scotland shortly. It's not exactly like he's being welcomed with open arms - on top of the underlying issues of contraception, reproductive rights, homosexuality and the abuse scandal, there's the £12 million tax bill, the plan to arrest him for crimes against humanity and, most recently, the claim that the UK is 'like a third-world country.

Personally, if someone eggs him or steals his hat, it'll be worth every tax penny. :santa:

What do you think of him, and him coming here as a state visit? Are you planning on going to see him anywhere?

Yeah, he's currently here in Edinburgh today, blocking everyone's bus routes and generally being the most digusting use of tax payers money (in facilitating his trip here).

Personally, if someone eggs him or steals his hat, it'll be worth every tax penny. :santa:

If he came near me, i reckon i could throw a few eggs that way. People say he's the devil, or even the Sith leader.

I mean, you decide on that

9693999923641217_l.jpg

Do you reckon I could get the Vatican to pay for a holiday to see them? I don't mind not having a special bullet proof vehicle or a welcoming party at the airport.

Reading the thread title, I thought ReZ was going to adopt an African child.

You weren't the only one.

I didn't go for the obvious in all fairity.

Edit: God this is desperate (Live TV Shindig)

It's just weird, seeing a bunch of dead old men, a bunch of presumably fairly intelligent people, and a bunch of people who can't even see the stage, just idolising this prick as if he's the coming of a new batch of monarch pokemon trousers.

Edited by dwarf

This is what disgusts me most

The Catholic Church in Scotland had hoped to attract up to 100,000 to the event, but later reduced the capacity after a slow take-up of tickets.

Source: BBC news

So not only have they got a fucking expensive free trip, they can sell tickets to what should be a free event? Are the majority of followers being taken for saps? Yet it's quite funny how they treat atheists as if they're stupid and are just following a fad, when they are the ones who aren't buying this shit.

Sorry I haven't commented much, I've been too busy aggressively secularising and marginalising Christians with my faith-based atheism.

boo! Stay away from Ireland!

off-topic:

What part are you from ?:D

I have no idea why i'm the only person who elaborates part "ireland". What if everyone said England :D

Pretty much my feelings.

I wouldn't care if it wasn't costing the taxpayer money.

Same here.

Enough people believe in him and would probably get some kind of joy out of seeing his popeliness coming to the UK but I don't see why EVERYONE has to pay for it. Where do I send my letter requesting a refund?

boo! Stay away from Ireland!

I would say the same thing but I don't pay any tax. :p