NEurope
Gentleben

Marios Birthday- Club Nintendo Goodies

Just thought everyone would like to know Club Nintendo Catalogue has cool Mario 25th Birthday items

Golden Wii Wheel 4,000 stars

Snes Wii Controller 7,000 stars

Plush sound ? Block 2,600 stars

Star points, I remember them. When they made them expire every year or so they had no use for me, since I didn't buy too many Ninty games.

Wii SNES controller, though...yes.

The Stars Catalogue has been nothing but annoying since it started!

I don't know, it was quite good when it started. Basically log in every day to get stars, got given quite a few stars at Christmas and they didn't expire. Ended up getting a few things from it, and none of the other game companies did it.

But now...the expiry thing kinda sucks. Don't really buy many Ninty games either.

I bought the SNES controller a few years ago on eBay. It's excellent for playing VC games with! I recommend it to anyone with enough Stars to get it.

I bought the SNES controller a few years ago on eBay. It's excellent for playing VC games with! I recommend it to anyone with enough Stars to get it.

which is no one.

Is it official? I thought this was made especially for the catalogue, probably wrong though.

I don't know, it was quite good when it started. Basically log in every day to get stars, got given quite a few stars at Christmas and they didn't expire. Ended up getting a few things from it, and none of the other game companies did it.

But now...the expiry thing kinda sucks. Don't really buy many Ninty games either.

Yeah I never had enough of the games including Stars to be able to get the best stuff. Then they put a date on the stars which meant you had to use them up (if you wanted) on what ever you could get... and then when you don't have any they bring good stuff out!

I remember since a few of my friends had the same gamecube games as I did, but didn't care for stars, they gave me their star codes. You could get around the 'can't register the same game' problem by making another account, then recommending that account as an embassador to get 250 stars. Was ace.

Is it official? I thought this was made especially for the catalogue, probably wrong though.

It is official. It's the one made by Nintendo for the Japanese Club Nintendo members.

That's true Gentleben - with Nintendo making stars expire after a year, nobody would have enough to get it. (Are you the same Gentleben who used to be on NoE's forums years ago?)

I once tried to register my stars that came with my brand new cube. Didn't work. For whatever reason.

Seemed like a rubbish system to me, but I was probably just bitter because my stars didn't seem to work. Also, the timed limit just killed off any potential interest that I had.

Do we still even get stars in Wii games?! I don't know.

Is it 250 stars per game still, with not all games having star codes? Then it would be 28 Wii games within a year that all had stars codes. Yikes.

Star points, I remember them. When they made them expire every year or so they had no use for me, since I didn't buy too many Ninty games.

Star points, i thought they vanished for good.

Some of the items look good, pity they are well out of my region of purchase.

I haven't had any of mine expire and I haven't spent any for yonks. I question whether they really do expire. Just in case they do though, I've been hoarding slips. Should have about 4000ish before the year's end, Might get the Baten Kaitos soundtrack unless something else pops up.

Do we still even get stars in Wii games?! I don't know.

Every first party Wii/DS game still have them. Consoles give you 500, I think, whilst you can redeem 50 for every VC/WiiWare/DSiWare game you download.

Is it 250 stars per game still, with not all games having star codes? Then it would be 28 Wii games within a year that all had stars codes. Yikes.
And they have to be Nintendo games aswell!

And they have to be Nintendo games aswell!

Are there even 28 first party Nintendo games with Wii star points in? Like, still in production? This is madness.

I bet the controller will be outside everyones reach. It's 7,000 stars.

I could have if I didn't get the Game & Watch Collection :(

I could have if I didn't get the Game & Watch Collection :(

Likewise. :( If it runs out before I accumulate my Stars, hopefully it'll appear for a reasonable price on eBay.

. (Are you the same Gentleben who used to be on NoE's forums years ago?)

Yes I am.

Used to be so much easier to amass stars.

The trick to amassing stars now is forward planning. I knew for a fact I was going to buy Metroid so that was 250 stars + 50 Stars for the bonus (commit to buy within 2 weeks of release) + 50 stars for the survey. Thats 350 stars :)

Edited by Gentleben

The last thing I actually ordered off the Stars Catalogue - as it was the only thing worth having at the time and that I had points for - was a Kirby gba game, and it never even arrived...

After that I just gave up on it tbh, waste of time.

I got six SNES Wii remotes, all for eBay. With stolen points, too.

Also, GentleBen, I remember you. You're like the greediest with Stars ever.

I got six SNES Wii remotes, all for eBay. With stolen points, too.

I remember all the good stuff wasn't in the shop for long, because people were/are like they are on E-bay. Horde the page until the stuff goes on, then mass-buy.

I remember looking for the Zelda Collectors Edition which happened to go online upon that site, all copies gone within 2 minutes. And within this time, a mass-increase of them appearing on E-bay for double the price. Never got a copy from NoE, had to go into Game to get one (second-hand obviously)

Also, GentleBen, I remember you. You're like the greediest with Stars ever.

Greedy?:o

I'II admit I had a lot of stars (I've massed something like over 61,000 in total) since I started earning them from shortly after the NOE site launched with the Gamecube release in Europe.

Just because I've purchased a lot of Nintendo games, completed 100's of surveys, earned stars daily and signed up other people doesn't make me greedy. In Fact I find it quite insulting you would even use that word.:mad: