NEurope
Diageo

Super Smash Bros Brawl Mafia

Hai!

Vote: Jonnas

Might as well. I'm not around after today so hopefully this comes to a conclusion otherwise we are screwwwwed.

Goddammit... And we were so close that one time :( If only Nintendohnut hadn't killed ReZ, if only the day hadn't been reversed...

Curse you all!

Votes

Jonnas - 4 [Tellyn, Cube. Ellmeister, Paj]

Majority has been reached.

The town surrounded Jonnas, and lynched him.

Jonnas is dead. He was Ganondorf, leader of the mafia.

hidden09_080318i-l.jpg

Ganondorf had the power to interrogate his victims to learn their role and to appear good during investigations.

The game is over, the mafia is dead and the town wins.

Edited by Diageo

Living Winners

Cube - Sonic

Paj Meen Ah - Fox

Tellyn - Snake

Ellmeister - Samus

You are Mario, a townie.

mario.jpg

The red hatted plumber from Italy. You have the power to use your cape to flip a target around and confuse them. If they targeted anyone, they will randomly target someone else.

You are Peach, a townie.

peach.jpg

The princess of the mushroom kingdom. Choose a character to protect, you will stand in front of them and pull out toad. If that person is targeted, toad will reflect the attack back. If your target is investigated, you will be investigated instead.

You are Zelda, a townie.

zelda.jpg

The princess of Hyrule, you possess powerful magic powers. You may choose one person to use Farore’s Wind with. You will teleport you and the person away, protecting both of you from night attacks. If however, the person you protect is not targeted, then you will not teleport and can be targeted.

At any point during the game, you can write the word “transform” in italics in the main thread. You will then transform into Sheik. Your power will change. You can always transform back, but not in the same day.

You have transformed into sheik.

sheik.jpg

You are a master of stealth. You may investigate at night by teleporting next to your target to find out information about him. You can’t be roleblocked.

At any point during the game, you can write the word “transform” in italics in the main thread. You will then transform into Zelda. Your power will change. You can always transform back, but not in the same day.

You are Kirby, a townie.

kirby.jpg

Warp Star-riding citizen of Dream Land who can suck up anything. During the night time you can target one character to inhale. You will gain a copy of their abilities. You can remove their powers whenever you want by saying “taunt” in italics in the main thread. When copying another character you will appear in the write-up in a similar appearance to the character you copied. If you are ever targeted you will lose your copied power for the next day.

You are Samus, a townie.

samus.jpg

Bounty Hunter from the Metroid Games. You have the ability to charge your arm cannon each night. If you successfully charge for two nights (consecutive or not), you may shoot your arm cannon the next night. This will kill the person of your choice.

Alternatively, you can change into the morphball and roll near a target to investigate them.

You are Pikachu, a townie.

pikachu.jpg

With perfectly round cheeks and a jagged tail, you can only be that most familiar of Pokémon, Pikachu! At night you can target someone to shoot with your electricity, they will be paralysed and won’t be able to use their night powers.

If you are targeted at night, a flash of light will be shot from your body showing everyone around you who targeted you. Their character name will appear in the write-up.

You are Link, a townie.

link.jpg

The hero of The Legend of Zelda series. At night you may throw your gale boomerang at a target. They will be blown away from their place and anyone who targets them will target another random person. The character will also target a random person instead of who they originally chose.

Your Hero status also means that you will appear good to all investigations, even if the investigator is problematic.

You are Fox, a townie.

fox.jpg

The starship pilot from the Starfox series. Your Fox illusion attack allows you to move at great speeds. Use it on any character at night and you will intercept the PM they sent, allowing you to read it.

You are Sonic, a townie.

sonic.jpg

Sonic the Hedgehog crashes headlong into battle! Use your speed to run through the scene at night catching random snippets of information. You can also outrun negative powers used towards you 50% of the time.

You are Snake, townie.

snake.jpg

The legendary mercenary makes his miraculous Smash debut! This law-breaking news roared around the world. The stealthy camouflage suit means you won’t appear in the write-up. You can also use it to get information every night on a character of your choice.

You are Lucario, a townie.

hidden06.jpg

It’s the Aura Pokémon, Lucario. Lucario is a Pokémon, but for some reason, there’s something lonesome about it. Your psychic powers allow you to exchange the minds of two people. Therefore whoever targets one will target the other instead.

You are Marth, the prince of the town.

hidden02.jpg

Marth’s a royal prince from the Fire Emblem series. You can use your block ability to reverse a killing strike done on you. If you are to be killed at night, your killer will be killed instead, and if you are to be lynched, the last person to vote for you will be killed instead.

You can also stab someone each night, they will be injured and won’t be able to use their power the next night while they recuperate.

You are Mafia, to discuss with other mafia members, please go here.

http://diageo.freeforums.org/

If you rather PM each other, please make sure I am PMed also.

One member of the mafia may be chosen to kill at night, if they do they forfeit their night power.

The Mafia Members are:

MadDog, Jonnas, jayseven, Rummy, Dannyboy-the-Dane, The Peeps.

Jonnas is the demon thief Ganondorf, the leader of the mafia. At night you are able to use flame choke. You grab a character by the neck and interrogate them, learning their role.

hidden09.jpg

jayseven is big nosed Wario. At night he may let out a wario waft near a character. Other characters who investigate your target will be annoyed and see the person as evil.

wario.jpg

The Peeps is the balloon pokemon Jigglypuff. At night you may sing a lullaby that will put one character to sleep. During the day phase he will not be able to vote.

hidden10.jpg

Dannyboy-the-Dane is the gifted boy from Mother, Ness. At night you may use your telekinetic power to force someone to vote for anyone you want. They may not say they were forced and if they divulge too much information they will die instantly.

hidden01.jpg

Rummy is the biggest and the heaviest of fighters from the mushroom kingdom, Bowser. At night bowser may use his flying slam attack to knock a character unconscious and preventing them from using their power for that night.

bowser.jpg

MadDog is the green dinosaur of the Mushroom Kingdom, Yoshi. At the end of the night Yoshi can put one character in an egg, preventing them from making proper posts. They will be required to use google translator to change their post to Japanese.

yoshi.jpg

You are the Pokemon Trainer, a neutral.

pokemon_trainer.jpg

You have a variety of roles but begin alone. You may recruit other pokemon to your side. During the day phase, write a character’s name in italics and you will attempt to recruit them. If they are a pokemon, they will become a neutral like you and you will be able to talk to them outside of the game thread. If they are not a pokemon, then they will be told of your plans.

If you recruit every pokemon in the game, you and the pokemon will be victorious. If any pokemon are killed then you can only win if you recruit all alive pokemon and avenge all dead ones. Once a pokemon dies, you will gain the ability to kill other characters, but if you target a character to kill, that wasn’t a pokemon killer, then your power will fail.

Your current pokemon is squirtle.

pokemon_trainer_070813i.jpg

As squirtle you will withdraw during the night phase and can’t be targeted.

To change pokemon, write in the main thread in the colour of the pokemon you wish to change to. Blue for Squirtle, Green for Ivysaur and Red for Charizard.

You may only change once every day, but you are not required to change if you do not wish.

You have transformed into Ivysaur.

pokemon_trainer_070927a-l.jpg

As Ivysaur, you have the power to use your vine whips to entangle a target, preventing them from using a night action.

*Can't believe I wasn't protected on the night I died*

Cool game and cool roles though Diageo, well done.

Participants:

-Cube - Link, Sonic.

-Zell - Sonic

-Jonnas - Ganondorf

-dan-likes-trees - Kirby

-ReZourceman - Marth

-Dannyboy-the-Dane - Ness

-MadDog - Yoshi

-jayseven - Lucario, Wario.

-Mundi - Mario

-SPAMBOT4000 - Jigglypuff

-Nintendohnut - Pokemon Trainer

-Rummy - Bowser

-Paj Meen Ah - Fox

-Dyson - Pikachu

-Jimbob - Wario

-Sméagol - Zelda, Sheik

-Tellyn - Snake

-Eenuh - Peach

-Ellmeister - Samus, Zero-Suit Samus.

*Can't believe I wasn't protected on the night I died*

Cool game and cool roles though Diageo, well done.

I can't believe that everyone still lynched you after you revealed the entire mafia.

I can't believe that everyone still lynched you after you revealed the entire mafia.

Well that too. Which is partly why I can't believe I wasn't protected. The post said "his sword broke in half" and I was like.....phew, at least its obvious, so the mafia will attempt to kill me and someone will protect me, so the mafia won't get a kill that night.

o_______0

The roles were nice, but the write-ups killed the mafia's chances.

I mean, we fart on ReZ on Night 1, and Tellyn investigates him, which was awesome, but since the fart appeared on the write-up, it was obvious what had transpired (ReZ tried to make things easy for us by acting insane, but alas)

Also, Maddog/Yoshi kills someone on the first night, but the write-up makes it obvious who it was, rendering him obviously evil for the rest of the game. And Yoshi is so innocent-looking, we could've gotten away with a roleclaim.

Basically, the write-ups rendered many roles useless, including some of the towns' (the mafia figured out who everyone was, way too early).

And as for the reversed night... I already voiced my opinion about that in the mafiosos-only thread. Basically, be a bit more lenient on time limits.

Also, never reverse a decision again. Seriously.

If anyone wanted I could do another Brawl Mafia or Bleach Mafia after the planned ones are done.

Edited by Diageo

There was one time when the mafia was so close to gaining majority. But then it fell apart and it just went downhill from there.

I mean, we fart on ReZ on Night 1, and Tellyn investigates him, which was awesome, but since the fart appeared on the write-up, it was obvious what had transpired (ReZ tried to make things easy for us by acting insane, but alas)

Also, Maddog/Yoshi kills someone on the first night, but the write-up makes it obvious who it was, rendering him obviously evil for the rest of the game. And Yoshi is so innocent-looking, we could've gotten away with a roleclaim.

Basically, the write-ups rendered many roles useless, including some of the towns' (the mafia figured out who everyone was, way too early).

And as for the reversed night... I already voiced my opinion about that in the mafiosos-only thread. Basically, be a bit more lenient on time limits.

The write-ups were like that because I thought, after watching the Pokemafia and DIY mafia that that's how it was supposed to be. If I were to make another one, the write-up would be much better.

Well that too. Which is partly why I can't believe I wasn't protected. The post said "his sword broke in half" and I was like.....phew, at least its obvious, so the mafia will attempt to kill me and someone will protect me, so the mafia won't get a kill that night.

o_______0

We were going to try to lynch you once more. Our argument basically being "Rummy, Dannyboy, Peeps and ReZ are all mafia. Let's start with ReZ since he's got it coming". Our mafiosos (except me) would basically defend you and act as if you were an ally. Once one or two townies fell for it, the mafiosos would suddenly vote for you.

But Nintendohnut... Curse you, Nintendohnut!

Yeah, I completely agree about the write-ups being too informative. The mafia really had no chance. I know I've been a supporter of write-ups that can help the town figure out the goons, but lately they've become too detailed. I'm interested in seeing how my own current mafia plays out in this regard.

Actually, I'd like to try a write-up-less mafia for once and see how that differs from this style we're so used to.

The write-ups were like that because I thought, after watching the Pokemafia and DIY mafia that that's how it was supposed to be. If I were to make another one, the write-up would be much better.

You shouldn't take it as personal criticism. I think you did really well in capturing the essence of how mafia games are on here, and it was a pretty good game for a first go. The thing about too detailed write-ups is a tendency that's been going on for a while now.

I really enjoyed this game. There were a few issues such as the very detailed write-ups but I think Diageo balanced it out well by changing to less detailed ones.

As the others said, there was one day where we could've won and actually when the day was reversed that gave us more time to get our majority. We only needed Rummy and Jayseven to vote and it would've killed whoever it was (can't remember), then with the night killing we would've won. In the end no one was lynched and it fell apart for the mafia after that

That was a great game! Although I must admit, I called your bluff with your lynch, Jonnas. :heh: I didn't actually investigate you, but it was obvious you were mafia. I was going to sacrifice myself to expose you when you were trying to coax me into revealing what had happened to me during the night to lead me to think that ReZ was evil (the mafia forced my vote, just to explain that incident), but you actually had me convinced until the game didn't end with Jayseven's death. Sneaky bugger!

I liked the roles, but the town was too powerful. The mafia really had no chance against so many info gatherers and the write-up against them.

Also, Pokemon Trainer's role was far too difficult to win with.

I enjoyed it, and yeah it was his first game, so the write-ups are forgiveable. :)

It felt stunning. Like, really clean to look at.

Huh?

The fart was there to make investigations unreliable. Also, Samus was paranoid and always thought people were mafia. Sheik was a transformation.

Leaving Snake.