N-Europe

What do you want?

Ashley

What threads should be ressurected?  

94 members have voted

1. 1. What threads should be ressurected?

• Post your purchases
    • User Image Gallery
    • Funny pictures et al
    • Other (please specify)
    • None!

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Possibly an enforcement on the search function, there are a few threads that are popping up that a couple of days/weeks ago were around and nobody will bring them back just because of a few pages or won't bother to look.

It just means the same stuff being said...yawn.

You mean like this and this? :heh:

The whole "if it already exists bring it back" mentality kind of led to the big thread problems anyway. What if you'd bumped my topic instead? In the grand scheme of things it wouldn't have made too much of an issue having a four page thread but do we need that history. Its can exist separately.

I'm not even sure if I explained myself well there but basically encouraging thread bumps over (even possible repeats) will dampen new threads.

Although as you say, the search button is there when you start a new thread but I doubt anyone uses it.

You mean like this and this? :heh:

The whole "if it already exists bring it back" mentality kind of led to the big thread problems anyway. What if you'd bumped my topic instead? In the grand scheme of things it wouldn't have made too much of an issue having a four page thread but do we need that history. Its can exist separately.

I'm not even sure if I explained myself well there but basically encouraging thread bumps over (even possible repeats) will dampen new threads.

Although as you say, the search button is there when you start a new thread but I doubt anyone uses it.

Touche good man, but it was those threads I was thinking of in the first place anyway.

Sure why not leave it the way it is, but in the end I made a thread exactly the same as yours and then we've had quite a lot of the same replies, I realised that it could have been better if I had brought your thread back and used the search function.

It's something like you say that isn't really used and for the sake of a few pages it could be avoided, I can just see everyone (obviously including myself) repeating the same stuff quite a bit to keep this area going.

Hmm.

Well there are discussions that happen frequently in life anyway, particularly as we're all young (except for Odwin) and have exciting things to look forward to (except for Odwin) so its inevitable that the conversation will crop up a lot.

Its like in the third year of university. "So what's your dissertation about?"