N-Europe

Panasonic Q

GC_PanasonicQ.jpg

Remember this 'shiny' version of the Gamecube?

I used to own one but succumbed to selling it at an outrageously high price a few years back. But I want it back again!! (bidding for one on ebay) The feeling of it being special doesn't die down. Still looks amazing.

A topic dedicated to the Panasonic Q.

Who here has owned one? Did you get the special modded version that would allow you to play both US and JAP games? Was it worth it? (A GC-DVD hybrid). As to be honest, the DVD was pretty substandard.

It's ugly, I don't play GameCube games or watch many DVDs any more and it's ridiculously expensive.

However, I really want one.

Ugly?! Well, it needs space to blossom, but I consider it aesthetically pleasing to the eye in a neo-techno sort of way.

I'm actually revisiting a lot of GC games these days, incl: Pikmin 2 (I hated the wii controls), TP, SNK v Capcom, PN03, WW and Ikaruga. Also want the old Resi Evils... I dunno, something special about playing import titles... Maybe its the nostalgia of fiddling around Japanese menus without knowing what you're doing.

I thought that this looked pretty schweet at the time but it's a design concept that just hasn't really aged well (bad way of putting that) - the simplicity of say the Dreamcast and N64 means that despite their age, they look pretty pleasing.

The Q however, just looks like a mess!

I did really want one badly, but couldnt afford one.

i was pretty happy to get the standard gamecube for my birthday and that satisfied me for so many memorable gaming hours.

but still cant help but feel my love for the Gamecube would of been bigger had i got the Q.

I'd love to get one now just for the collection so to speak, maybe i'll look around too.