N-Europe

Minecraft!

Nintenchris

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I love how Minecraft Wiki's description of all the 1.0.0 features are actually all the features from the 1.9 pre-releases.

Welp, how underwhelming, but that was pretty much the name of the game, we were beta testing it! Just slightly annoying how we still lack Adventure Mode (the adventure update was to lay down the foundation) and an actual use for NPC villagers.

I am thankful for the fixes made regarding performance though, it has progressively gotten better since 1.9.5 pre-release.

Well to be fair I'm not suprised the features are being listed under the 1.00 release see as the 1.9 stuff was never properly released as updates

That's technically right, no argument there.

But.. most of this stuff was actually planned for the 1.8 release, but of course, they figured because they hadn't updated in a while and they had already delayed 1.8 by about a week, they'd just include it in 1.9.

And now.. 1.9 only existed as pre-release updates, only to become the full version of the game. It's just incredibly underwhelming knowing that some features we were hoping to receive back in September still hasn't made it in to the game on its official release.

Ah well. We all knew the game 'phases' were just a formality any way in Mojang's case(considering beta should mainly be bug fixes, not massive content updates). Their development phases are basically like year long sales, the quicker you buy it, the cheaper it is and they've now called time up on buying it at a discount price =P

Thanks Shorty, I did mean to reply with those.

There are also two posts on Reddit, one which is backing up Notch and another is more on the Yogscast's side. Both are from people who were working at Minecon (I'll try and find them later)

Personally I think it's probably been blown a bit out of proportion. I think some of the things Notch is talking about were supposed to have been said sarcastically in an interview. The Yogscast guys have said they'll post a proper reply once they get back to the UK anyway.

The Notch and Yogscast spat is all a massive troll or Notch is just having a major hissyfit.

The tweet he made about them supposedly telling some kid that they were going to scribble out Notch's signature and write 'fuck you' sounds like pure grade A bullshit.

I don't even like Yogscast that much, but Notch's tweets just sound like he heard a rumour from some one and decided to bitch about it.