Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

Minecraft!

Nintenchris

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That's pretty awesome - I didn't realise there was quite that much of an ocean. We still need to find a stronghold, anyway! Apparently at the moment there are only three per map, all 640-1152 blocks from the initial spawn point, and 120 degrees from each other.

Also, me and martinist played a slightly laggy game of spleef, but I unfortunately didn't have quite enough snow to totally fix the arena. Hopefully Happenstance can sort it out, or else we'll need to find a snow biome...

Map zoom level is determined the moment you start the map, and that one seems pretty zoomed-in, makes the ocean look a lot bigger than normal.

I don't really have a place in N-E world, but next time I'm on I might go round in a boat and find clay in case anyone wants some brick structures.

The second 1.9 pre-release is out now, heres whats been found so far:

Nine new music discs (11 in total, one "broken")

Blaze powder

Magma cream

Glass bottle

Spider eye (dropped by spiders) and fermented spider eye

Hardcore mode: game over when you die, hearts have new icons

Golden apple now has a shining animation

Pressure plates on top of fence posts now make sound when you walk on them or next to them

Villagers have no names (No more TESTIFICATE)

Holding the spacebar allows you to jump continuously again

The enderman pearls now teleports you when thrown

Endermen teleport to dodge arrows. Endermen teleport out of water when they touch it. Endermen teleport a lot more

Item repair! Put two damaged items in the crafting grid (arrangement doesn't seem to matter)

F5 view cycling

Fences now attach to adjacent blocks, has an interesting outcome when used certain ways

Pumpkins can be “crafted” into 4 Pumpkin Seeds

Zombie Pigmen now randomly drop rotten flesh or gold bits instead of everytime

F8 cinematic mode is back

Feed passive mobs wheat to make them breed with each other

Passive mobs follow you when wheat is selected

Note: "There's a hardcore tooltip remaining in the world options menu. Please ignore it, hardcore is a game mode, not world option."

Notch also noted that there will be at least two more major additions to the game, followed by a code freeze (restricted code changes) prior to the official launch of Minecraft in November. Very exciting changes - keep an eye out for updates right here!

Was just wandering around the server a bit and noticed a lot of trees still hanging in midair. As well as replanting thats been talked about, when you cut down trees can you make sure you get all the wood so the leaves can vanish as well.

Yeah that was annoying me too, I went and climbed up a lot of trees, chopped the rest down and planted more.

If you really cba to get all the wood, at least burn the rest down :p

I did try and get a lot of this sorted, but it seems people went and re-cut stuff down without sorting them/replacing them. :indeed:

People who've found Minecraft laggy since 1.8 came out, the Optifine mod has now been updated so you should try that. I just installed it and mines running a lot smoother now, been able to raise my distance level to short instead of tiny which is so much better.

http://www.minecraftforum.net/topic/249637-181-optifine-hd-a-fps-boost-hd-textures/

I see! I'm excited to see how it plays on new beasty (new beasty being the name for my new pc.)

Wheee.

Oh just rub it in! :p

I do keep trying to get a new PC but im weak when it comes to saving my money. I know as well that there are too many good games coming out over the next few months so it'll still be a while before I can afford the new PC.

Bow down to your Minecraft master! :p

statue.jpg

Looking at the final specs you posted in that thread, it should run perfectly on that build provided you have the 64-bit JRE installed.

But you won't notice any difference really unless you put on a nice 128 or 256 texture pack, then it looks nice :)

Hell yes I'll be putting on shiny texture packs. I'm not paying 700quid not too! :bouncy:

We should all make those Happenstance, it'd be fun and it seems a server tradition.

1-up Mushroom

Support N-Europe!

Get rid of advertisements and help cover hosting costs on N-Europe

Become a member!