NEurope
Nintenchris

Minecraft!

Maybe its not for the fun and challenge, but for the sake of building really cool looking stuff?

I suppose if you just want to make something like that Hogwarts map that's floating around, cheats/the new creative mode might make sense, but for your average project, its much more rewarding to collect the resources yourself.

You know, this is the type of thing we should have done when we had the server and wanted to do a group project!

@Goafer and I were talking last night about getting another server going soon for the forum. This one however would most likely be a building server rather than the adventure one ive previously spoken about.

Edited by Happenstance

An adventure one would be ace. But I love building on minecraft too.. I just don't have the time for it these days.

You know, this is the type of thing we should have done when we had the server and wanted to do a group project!

@Goafer and I were talking last night about getting another server going soon for the forum. This one however would most likely be a building server rather than the adventure one ive previously spoken about.

That has to be the most impressive Minecraft build I've seen so far. Plus the video and music made it pretty epic.

Dammit! Just spent the last few hours working on a new town/village style single player build. Been working on some red wire bits for quite a while when Minecraft decided to crash. Now when I reloaded not only had it not saved some of the work id done but half of the building had been cut off and the other red wire stuff was messed up!

I think its time to remove most of the mods ive got running, try and stop these crashes.

That's why I prefer to play SMP, everything is saved near constantly and you can continue from anywhere.

Ign's preview of 1.8 with Notch which happenstance posted already is pretty good

Rumours suggest a Sept 8 release containing everything seen above, with another update to follow not long after with some other bits they couldn't quite squeeze into this release.

Edited by Shorty

Hah, apologies, this thread has been moving slowly so I naively assumed a scan of the last page would cover a day or two :heh:

Well, I'll leave it there for people who missed it.

That's why I prefer to play SMP, everything is saved near constantly and you can continue from anywhere.

Yeah that's why I'm looking forward to getting this new server up and running at some point, it's so much more fun with others. We'll definitely have to try and create an NE town this time and not just buildings dotted around but paths etc and starting in a nice flat area.

As for my single player game, it seems to be a lot more stable without better than wolves and I've repaired most of the damage from the crashes. I'm now questioning though why the Inn I made actually needed stairs that come out from the wall when you pull the lever lol

Cool trailer, I love the hatventures videos :laughing:

I didn't even realise the Minecraft Adventure Update logo near the end was actually an in-game thing made of blocks until I watched the behind the scenes.

It's pretty fun to play through, I got 1.8 last night.

But folks, you may want to lay off it until the first update AFTER 1.8 because yet again Mojang seems to forget that beta is for fixing bugs.

I would be very surprised if they manage to fix all the bugs for the actual release date, they seem to have their priorities elsewhere and it's getting very late into the game.

It's pretty fun to play through, I got 1.8 last night.

But folks, you may want to lay off it until the first update AFTER 1.8 because yet again Mojang seems to forget that beta is for fixing bugs.

I would be very surprised if they manage to fix all the bugs for the actual release date, they seem to have their priorities elsewhere and it's getting very late into the game.

Which is probably why the 'leaked' it. Notch mentioned on twitter that he wants people to send bug reports if they play 1.8 and encounter bugs.

Which is probably why the 'leaked' it. Notch mentioned on twitter that he wants people to send bug reports if they play 1.8 and encounter bugs.

You would have a point if past updates were generally bug free. A lot of past updates have leaked, the only reason this is such a big deal is because it's 1.8 and the fan base is a lot higher.

I really think the guys should stop implementing stuff after they get NPC villages fully working. There is a giant backlog of bugs that need to be fixed which should technically be done by the 'release' of Minecraft.

It seems to me he has totally confused Alpha, Beta and Release. Although it's a ridiculously fun game in its own right, it really does feel that he doesn't perceive the development stages as they generally are for other studio's, but as "the time limit is up for customers to save another 5 euros".

Getting some annoying lag at the moment while playing Minecraft, even on the lower graphics. I really need my new PC!

Getting some annoying lag at the moment while playing Minecraft, even on the lower graphics. I really need my new PC!

If you're on a 64-bit operating system, you might be accidentally using 32-bit Java. Found out that was the case for my computer last night so I downloaded the correct version and god damn Minecraft hasn't run this smoothly since InfDev.

Nope, 32bit here. My laptop is just old and was only ever bought to keep me on the net while I saved for a new PC after my old one broke. Im just terrible at saving money and after I lost my job obviously that became harder.

Ah shit, sorry bro.

But for any one with the same problems and a 64-bit operating system, definitely give it a try. For some reason Java auto-installs at 32-bit no matter what your operating system. It doubled my frame rate.