Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

Comedians

Beast

I love comedians, they're awesome and they brighten up anybody's day! I want to know who your favourites are and also post videos of performances too!

I love Russell Howard, Alan Carr and Jimmy Carr. I'd love to see them live, I think it would be a brilliant experience. I saw somebody last night on Live At The Apollo and he almost had me in tears and the name is on the tip of my tongue. All I know is that he was Irish, can somebody tell me?

Anyways, here is my one of my favourite clips that never fail to make me laugh:

I also adore this video! This never fails to make me laugh too!

Edited by Animal

Stephen K Amos I think is great, I first saw him in this routine on Live at the Apollo and it was just so funny and cleverly done!...

Dara O'Briain I think is very funny, and Alan Carr.

And Shaun Lock actually... I've found funnier and funnier on his programmes like 8 out of 10 cats, and I saw a full stand up show of his on TV the other day that was funny.

Jason Manford too.

I've seen Harry Hill live a couple of times in the past... back when he had Stouffer the cat etc... and he was absolutely hilarious.

Edited by Retro_Link

Alan Carr is always top of my list.

Lee Evans never fails putting a smile on my face either!

The only person though to rival Alan Carr, for me anyway, is Jo Brand. Her dry, sarcastic humour is absolutely amazing. I think my favorite would be Jo Brand: Barely Live. Side aches from laughing and tears rolling down my face :p

Keeping it to people who are actually good on stage:

John Shuttleworth- seen him live twice

Flight of the Conchords - good tunes, but also very funny

Reginald D Hunter - intelligent, funny and, I must admit, I do like to hear about Britain from his American perspective

Stephen K Amos

Stuart Lee - his "Comedy Vehicle" is like a hysterically funny and original journey

Reeves & Mortimer - their ressurection of Shooting Stars has been absolutely stunning, this year and last

I could list loads, I love good comedians!

Dylan Moran - Possibly my favourite of all time. Was privileged to see him live, though I can never seem to remember much of any live shows about three days afterwards... So obviously I bought his DVDs to remind myself what a superb deliverer he is.

Stewart Lee - Very, very underrated. Again, his delivery of every line is flawless. If Moran is a poet in his stand-up, Lee is probably an opera singer. His intonation of every joke is pitch perfect.

But I much prefer to talk about comedians I hate.

Anyone who likes Lee Evans needs to be courteously removed from the Earth.

While Jimmy Carr is intelligent and often quite funny on shows like QI, I've found that MOST of the people who tend to go to his stand-up are wankers who take his ironic misogynistic routines at face value. I suppose that's not his fault, though.