N-Europe

Pokémafia DeathVoid - Game Thread

ReZourceman

• Replies 544
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Raining didn't get the entire truth! How on Earth can you pretend to know she got the entire truth? Rarely do investigators get everything about their targets. You're the one spinning this into nonsense. If I was mafia, you think I'd put myself in this mess?

Raining said something about the second power, but what you describe contradicts with "influential". So I'm going to

Vote: Dannyboy-the-Dane

Apparently not all powers. You still don't seem to have considered how stupid I'd be to have put myself in this situation if I was mafia.

Raining said something about the second power, but what you describe contradicts with "influential". So I'm going to

Vote: Dannyboy-the-Dane

What? I'm not contradicting anything here. Please explain.

What? I'm not contradicting anything here. Please explain.

This:

I found one of the double voters! I also found out they are influential

She discovered that you have two powers, one is the double vote, the other the influential power.

Using the defense of "I wouldn't have done this if I was mafia!" really doesn't work and I hope nobody puts any weight behind it when they are deciding on their vote.

Likewise, I hope people don't put anything behind nonsensical claims. But I guess I wouldn't be in this mess if they didn't.

This:

She discovered that you have two powers, one is the double vote, the other the influential power.

Get it into your head: Influential = double vote. Rummy can confirm this, for flip's sake. My two powers are Influential, which means I have a double vote, and Lynchbomb, which means the first mafia to vote for me gets mentioned in the write-up.

This:

I'm assuming this to just be a misinterpretation of the PM Raining got. It wouldn't make sense to me that ReZ would change his terminology between games.

Although I don't even know what I'm arguing in favour of anymore. Does the influential thing being significant or not help Danny or hinder him? I can't even work it out, people are glazing over alot of what other people are saying.

I'm assuming this to just be a misinterpretation of the PM Raining got. It wouldn't make sense to me that ReZ would change his terminology between games.

Although I don't even know what I'm arguing in favour of anymore. Does the influential thing being significant or not help Danny or hinder him? I can't even work it out, people are glazing over alot of what other people are saying.

People still believe that me being influential, i.e. havign a double vote, makes me suspicious. They also believe me claiming to have another power confirms me as mafia. None of this makes sense, obviously.

I'm assuming this to just be a misinterpretation of the PM Raining got.

I suppose this is the most logical answer.

Withdraw Vote

Although as there is usually a double vote on each side Dannyboy does have the best odds of being a mafia at the moment, so if we wanted to lynch at random he would be the best option.

People still believe that me being influential, i.e. havign a double vote, makes me suspicious. They also believe me claiming to have another power confirms me as mafia. None of this makes sense, obviously.

You seem to be misunderstanding, it is your reactions that make you seem suspicious.

The first thing that you do when someone accused you is to say that you have another power, that benefits the town put telling would be bad because of the Mafia.

Which is an excuse used in nearly every Mafia game by a Mafia member since this was started.

Also, you constantly talking about how you would have never acted like that if you were Mafia is not making you seem any more innocent.

See, the funny thing is that those things are still true. And since they're so obviously true, they're too good to be true and thus make me seem like a mafia. But I can totally follow your reasoning. It's just too bad it doesn't always hold water. Meh, I guess I'm better at being mafia than town. :heh:

I still think Danny is mafia. He talks himself in circles regardless of alignment.

I know. That's just who I am. :p

Yeah, I know, I know. That's why I said I'm better at playing mafia. Apparently, I'm excellent at not appearing as mafia when I'm actually mafia. When I'm town, I have a habit of making everyone believe I'm mafia. It truly is ironic. :heh:

Anyway, I'm off to bed now. I realise I might be dead by tomorrow, so just remember what I said. The first mafia goon to have voted for me will show up by name of Pokémon in the following write-up. If no one shows up by name, everyone who voted for me is definitely not mafia.

Vote : Dannyboy-the-Dane - 5 - Ellmeister, Mundi, Gizmo, Paj Meen Ah, MoogleViper.

18 Players. Majority is 10.

CoolnessBears

Cube

Dannyboy-the-Dane

dan-likes-trees

Dyson

Ellmeister

Gizmo

MadDog

Marcamillian

martinist

MoogleViper

Mundi

Paj Meen Ah

Rummy

SPAMBOT4000

Tales

Tellyn

Zell

I would like to tell you my power. The thing is, even though the mafia knows I have an effective power against them, it stays effective as long as they don't know what it is.

This is the thing that gets me suspicious. If you have the secondary power you describe... its a completely ineffective deterrant UNTIL the mafia know about it. Surely telling the mafia about it prevents them from hitting you above any one of the other townies that won't result in giving away one of themselves.

(unless I'm missing something)

A large blue and purple Pokemon sat proudly as a minion made notes, watching it from afar.

Giz. This sounds like the only investigator acting on the first night (atleast sucessfully, the other was "spotted"). On day 2 you claim to have investigated Ell and Raining claims to have investigated Danny. Raining was townie so it would seem that she was telling the truth.

Danny coming forward as purugly seems to check out with this with the "sat proudly". Checking the purugly colurs (grey normally, purple shiny) Danny could well be a shiny purugly, goiong on the last game shinies seem to indeed have two powers. (Again this doesn't nesessarilly say danny is good)

So to me it sounds like the quote above is Raining investigating Danny. If Giz obtained some information I would assume it should have appeared in the Night 1 write up.

I figured out I was the one sitting proudly. It fits with me not having an active power. Looking at the colours of the avatar ReZ sent, it matches, but when I looked Purugly up elsewhere, it was indeed not the exact same colours. I hadn't considered I was shiny, but shinies having two powers is a nice idea. I'm glad that somebody finally believes my explanation instead of misreading Raining's investigation and claiming I'm the one who's lying. I know I act suspiciously, but it annoyed the guts out of me that people thought of Raining's investigation as perfect and unquestionable.

From the sounds of it there were two investigators/trackers out last night, targetting the same Gold/Brown pokemon (could that have been rainings Staryu). One was blocked but the navy/red/white should have got something.

Need to poke some inactives cause im not sure if theres even enough to get a majority.

Ell... might I ask what pokemon you are?

Marc based on the description of my power I wouldn't be entirely surprised if I wasn't mentioned. Like I say I couldn't find it in there either.

I figured out I was the one sitting proudly. It fits with me not having an active power. Looking at the colours of the avatar ReZ sent, it matches, but when I looked Purugly up elsewhere, it was indeed not the exact same colours. I hadn't considered I was shiny, but shinies having two powers is a nice idea. I'm glad that somebody finally believes my explanation instead of misreading Raining's investigation and claiming I'm the one who's lying. I know I act suspiciously, but it annoyed the guts out of me that people thought of Raining's investigation as perfect and unquestionable.

Since I'm a shiny I have to once again call you out on this. If you were shiny, you would have been told in the PM.