NEurope
lostmario

Star Wars Saga on Blu Ray 2011

Star Wars Saga coming to Blu ray in 2011

Apparently there is going to be loads of deleted scenes, why these werent included on the 2004 DVD release I'll never know .. ah yes... $$$$$$

Anyways, they showed one of the deleted scenes from Return of the Jedi.

Enjoy.

I wonder if this'll have the CGI inclusion of Yoda in Episode I they talked about a couple of years back

Myeah. No.

Star Wars as a franchise does really little for me nowadays, I'll make an exception for the Clone Wars animations, and some games, like the upcoming The Force Unleashed.

I can't watch the original trilogy in their altered state, and I didn't enjoy the prequel trilogy generally, so I don't care about this release. Now if they release the original trilogy remastered on blu-ray however.. But that's not going to happen.

It's really strange, but for someone who likes to milk his franchise, you'd expect a proper release on a modern medium of the original trilogy as an option at the very least..

Maybe they can finally put this franchise to rest now.

Who am I kidding? :p

hope they don't include any of the deleted scenes i've seen from the prequels, some are godawful.

like this.

and what is coming next for the star wars franchise?

a 3d re-release in cinemas OF COURSE

FINALLY!

Unlike some, I like the little changes.

I wonder if this'll have the CGI inclusion of Yoda in Episode I they talked about a couple of years back

You can see a scene with CGI Yoda in Episode 1 during a feature on the DVD bonus disc.

I don't get the Star Wars prequel hate. If you saw the prequels as a kid like you saw the originals you'd all be wanking over those too. They're not even that bad, at least the later two. Fun is the word that comes to mind.

Edited by Guy

I don't get the Star Wars prequel hate. If you saw the prequels as a kid like you saw the originals you'd all be wanking over those too. They're not even that bad, at least the later two. Fun is the word that comes to mind.

the order goes in my opinion.

Star wars V

star wars IV

star wars VI

star wars III

star wars I

star wars II

Episode 2 should have been a LOT better than it was, I really like episode III of the prequels and like certain scenes in episode I like the pod race and darth mall in general.

Personally, I don't get why people thik Star Wars is "amazing scifi"

Sure it's enjoyable for several of the films, but most of it is cliched lines, one-dimensional characters and some shoddy acting...I'm looking at Hayden Christensen here.

It doesn't hold a candle to most sci fi stuff, doesn't even come close. This is why the Star Trek VS Star Wars stuff always annoys me

It doesn't hold a candle to most sci fi stuff, doesn't even come close. This is why the Star Trek VS Star Wars stuff always annoys me

Well the star wars universe is a LOT bigger than star trek.

i think star wars overall is a better quality series. You can argue all you want about the star wars prequels but nothing comes close to the shittyness of star trek:the motion picture,star trek V:final frontier and some other MEH films in the series.

To be honest though they're very hard to compare.

My personal ranking is...

Empire, Jedi, New Hope, Sith, Clones, Phantom.

I also like Star Wars for how cheesy and lame it is. I don't really buy into the sci-fi aspects much. The Expanded Universe is pretty decent from what a friend at work tells me. He's always reading the books when we're not on calls.

Well the star wars universe is a LOT bigger than star trek.

i think star wars overall is a better quality series. You can argue all you want about the star wars prequels but nothing comes close to the shittyness of star trek:the motion picture,star trek V:final frontier and some other MEH films in the series.

To be honest though they're very hard to compare.

Star Wars

6 movies, lets average them at 2 hours a piece; 12 hours

44 Clone Wars episodes at 22 mins a pop; 16 hours

Countless books, games and comics

Star Trek

11 movies, average 2 hours a piece; 22 hours

Two Hour Pilot

Original Series; 79 Episodes at 50 minutes; 65.8 hours

The Next Generation; 178 episodes at 45 minutes a piece; 133.5hours

Deep Space Nine; 176 episodes at 45 minutes a piece; 132 hours

Voyager; 172 episodes at 45 minutes a piece; 129 hours

Enterprise; 98 episodes at 42 minutes a piece; 68.6 hours

I think I know which number is bigger than which here

Star Wars is like Apple. All flash, little substance

Star Wars

6 movies, lets average them at 2 hours a piece; 12 hours

44 Clone Wars episodes at 22 mins a pop; 16 hours

Star Trek

11 movies, average 2 hours a piece; 22 hours

Two Hour Pilot

Original Series; 79 Episodes at 50 minutes; 65.8 hours

The Next Generation; 178 episodes at 45 minutes a piece; 133.5hours

Deep Space Nine; 176 episodes at 45 minutes a piece; 132 hours

Voyager; 172 episodes at 45 minutes a piece; 129 hours

Enterprise; 98 episodes at 42 minutes a piece; 68.6 hours

I think I know which number is bigger than which here

and who do you think has more " countless" books, games and comics?

that's what makes up the numbers.

That's a massive sweeping generalisation. The Star Wars universe extends way beyond the films. I'd say it only really lives on in video games and they are making the television series. Saying it has little substance is really quite short sighted.

As for Apple having little substance, that's an amazingly stupid statement.

I've never seen anything Star Trek, but I'm a huge fan of the Star Wars universe. Especially the Expanded Universe. The Knight of the Old Republic games spring to mind as quality stuff.

and who do you think has more " countless" books, games and comics?

that's what makes up the numbers.

Go try and count the Star Trek books then. There's hundreds, if not thousands

That's a massive sweeping generalisation. The Star Wars universe extends way beyond the films. I'd say it only really lives on in video games and they are making the television series. Saying it has little substance is really quite short sighted.

As for Apple having little substance, that's an amazingly stupid statement.

I read a report last week that the television series for Star Wars has been canned

http://blastr.com/2010/08/star-wars-live-action-tv.php

Edited by Serebii
Automerged Doublepost

hope they don't include any of the deleted scenes i've seen from the prequels, some are godawful.

like this.

and what is coming next for the star wars franchise?

a 3d re-release in cinemas OF COURSE

Now if only the deleted every other scene with Jar Jar Binks in.....well.....well it still would have been shit, but at least it would be shit and Jar Jar Binks free instead of just shit and starring Jar Jar Binks.

Shame. That doesn't change the fact there are myriad book, games, comics that extend the films' universe.

Yeah, and Star Trek has the same.

I've been waiting for something like this to get released. At the moment, I don't even own the DVD of the 3rd movie, and I've still got a VHS copy of phantom menace, I've been waiting for a Blu-ray version to come out for some time now.

I just want to add I can't wait to own Star Wars on Blu-ray. It's going to be epic.

I actually already own them on Blu-Ray bootlegs of TV rips, but it isn't really the same.

I just wanted to put a third sentence beginning with I here. It has no purpose.

I.

I never watched them as a child...in fact I watched them basically in correct order, as I saw Episode I first, at the cinema, then II (and then I think the main 3 on TV) and then III.

They're not that good. Entertaining, but not much more than that. I do appreciate/like that it's a vast and thought-out universe, but I think nostaliga tints the series for most people.

Yeah, and Star Trek has the same.

So they both have the same...and yet with Star Wars it is all flash, little substance?

Bizarre.

Personally, I don't get why people thik Star Wars is "amazing scifi"

Sure it's enjoyable for several of the films, but most of it is cliched lines, one-dimensional characters and some shoddy acting...I'm looking at Hayden Christensen here.

In its first instance (ie 1977) it bought the genre to the masses, which led the way for stuff like Star Trek, BSG etc etc. For that reason alone it should be lauded as an important part of sci-fi (and even film) history.

Whether or not it then burned itself to the ground over the last few decades is personal opinion.