NEurope
lostmario

Star Wars Saga on Blu Ray 2011

Stuff with immense fanbases like Star Wars is usually self ruining. I do enjoy how there's this entirely expanded world of Star Wars to get into if that's your thing. So much happens to the characters after Return of the Jedi. I just choose to enjoy the movies and some of the expanded universe stuff. Mostly Mara Jade.

Actually, the best comparison is to say the Star Wars Expanded Universe is like The Animals of Farthing Wood. Everyone and their children die.

Edited by Guy

Knights of the Old Republic was/is amazing. I think I mostly prefer it to the films.

Yeah, and Star Trek has the same.

You think star trek has the same amount of games as star wars?

Star Wars is only good if it's IV V VI or interactive and you aren't completely railroaded into doing things. Basically I mean the D20 system Jedi Outcast games and games based on the D20 system (Kotor).

Otherwise it's shit and George Lucas is as well.

You think star trek has the same amount of games as star wars?

I believe it's comparable yes

It would be nice to simply have the option to turn off the extra stuff off.

Including all the crazy nice looking computer graphics they added in afterwards.

Because despite looking nice it's crazy going from puppets to CG in a matter of 30 seconds.

It would be nice to simply have the option to turn off the extra stuff off.

Including all the crazy nice looking computer graphics they added in afterwards.

Because despite looking nice it's crazy going from puppets to CG in a matter of 30 seconds.

That would be awesome. I think I never saw the Star Wars films in their original form and I would really like to see how the effects looked when they were first released.

I actually think the old and simpler effects add to the charm of some films. I recently saw a remastered Star Trek episode and was really disappointed, the effects seemed so out of place with the rest.

My order is

V

IV

III

VI

I

II

I'm probably the only one who preferred one of the prequel films to an original one, but I absolutely loved Revenge of the Sith. Though that may have been because I was expecting very little after the absolute shambles that was Attack of the Clones

It's funny really, i was only talking about this a few weeks ago in the pub. It's about time to be fair, one of the best series of movies without a Blu-ray release. But yet they are shown on Sky Movies in HD.

I'm not sure if i will pick them up or not, it would be good to see the Trench run in Full HD.

You could probably pick up the originial VHS on ebay for a couple of quid.

Authentic quality, too.

I'm hoping there will be a big box set of sexiness available.

As we are doing orders mine is as follows:

VI

IV

III

V

I

II

You're not alone dog-amoto. I loved episode III aswell. I grew up watching the original 3 and actually love them all. ROTJ wins it for me even though I used to just always fast forward my video to the space battle at the end. Loved it. Infact I love the whole saga if you hadn't already guessed and for me they are all on a par. The only one I was slightly disappointed with was Ep II. I thought it could have been a lot more and I don't think Lucas went in the right direction with that one. I actually really like episode I though and yes even Jar Jar :)

Edited by Platty

Episode III is the clear victor of the prequels. I did enjoy it even though it was full of the problems I stated earlier

Don't get me wrong, I enjoy Star Wars. I have them on DVD and intend to get the BluRays (Episode III is going to look amazing), but I'm not blind to its faults.

Star Wars

6 movies, lets average them at 2 hours a piece; 12 hours

44 Clone Wars episodes at 22 mins a pop; 16 hours

Countless books, games and comics

You forgot the Droids and Ewoks cartoons. I first remember watching the Ewoks cartoon back in the 80's then seeing Return Of The Jedi some time afterwards and thinking why are the Ewoks in this ? :grin:

But no, you couldn't count me as a fan. And the recent Force Unleashed game was pretty meh to be honest with you. Jedi Academy / Outcast on the PC were the best Star Wars tie-in games imho !

Edited by gothic_hobbit

KOTOR and Rogue Squadron are the Star Wars games that I love. I remember playing RS on my Japanese Cube. I was just stunned.

The prequels are so comically shit. Honestly, Episode 1 fails in every quantifiable way as drama: it has no characters, coherent plot, dramatic arc or pacing and the acting (despite having 3-4 big names involved) is uniformly shocking. Anyone who thinks otherwise is either deluded to too stupid to be allowed to breed.

The prequels are so comically shit. Honestly, Episode 1 fails in every quantifiable way as drama: it has no characters, coherent plot, dramatic arc or pacing and the acting (despite having 3-4 big names involved) is uniformly shocking. Anyone who thinks otherwise is either deluded to too stupid to be allowed to breed.

I find the acting, albeit very far from Oscar-winning quality, is definitely a lot better than in Episode II and III. I think Episode III was the only prequel film where I genuinely cringed at some of the dialogue and how it was acted out *shudder*

I find the acting, albeit very far from Oscar-winning quality, is definitely a lot better than in Episode II and III. I think Episode III was the only prequel film where I genuinely cringed at some of the dialogue and how it was acted out *shudder*

For me, that was Episode II and all the Padme/Anakin bollocks.

That said, Episode III did have some stinkers

"I saw him...killing younglings"

Or, my personal favourite;

"Only a Sith deals in absolutes"

Hilarity

You forgot the Droids and Ewoks cartoons. I first remember watching the Ewoks cartoon back in the 80's then seeing Return Of The Jedi some time afterwards and thinking why are the Ewoks in this ? :grin:

I also seem to remember a live action movie about the Ewoks and some kids. After a quick google search, it appears there were two movies like this.

But it did result in this: