Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

Best Gaming Memories?

Happenstance

There is something about Majora's Mask that, in my opinion makes it better than Ocarina of Time. Ocarina is a brilliant game, it had the story, the characters and it was the first Zelda title to be made in 3D. Majoras Mask is just better in my opinion. Probably because there is more to do in such a smaller land, has a darker story perhaps. Who knows to be fair. Reviewers have said this game isn't for every Zelda fan, probably because of the difference between this and Ocarina.

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Excellent article, Pooki! I do indeed like Majora's Mask better, though Ocarina holds more nostalgia value for me. I'm so close to picking up Majora's Mask again myself after all this talk about it. I especially agree with the emotion part, as I have stated before. I don't remember many games that have touched me emotionally like MM did.

The only thing I disagree with is your opinion on the "film quality" of the plots in OoT and MM. I believe the stories, while somewhat traditional, has enough originality to work well as film plots. But that's beside the point.

Quite embarrassing, but probably the nerdiest thing that I've ever done relating to games was a couple of years ago.

I'm not sure what year it was, but I think that I was about 11 or 12. I remember that in all these gaming mags that I bought they were talking about it being Mario's 20th Birthday.

When I read about it, for some insane reason, I wanted to throw Mario my own party.

So what happened was on his 'birthday' I invited one of my friends up to my house and we went into my room. I had two single beds at the time so I moved them in a way that I could throw a duvet over a part of each of them to make some kind of tent. Overall, I had a bunch of lava lamps, an actual spinning disco ball which was very cheap but still so cool :P I had a bunch of sweets and food etc and I also happened to borrow my sister's "Now that's What I call Music (random number)!"

So we danced the evening away, just the two of us, and when we were finished we both screamed at the top of our lungs "HAPPY BIRTHDAY MARIO!!!"

My parents must have thought I had lost the plot completely.

Quite embarrassing, but probably the nerdiest thing that I've ever done relating to games was a couple of years ago.

I'm not sure what year it was, but I think that I was about 11 or 12. I remember that in all these gaming mags that I bought they were talking about it being Mario's 20th Birthday.

When I read about it, for some insane reason, I wanted to throw Mario my own party.

So what happened was on his 'birthday' I invited one of my friends up to my house and we went into my room. I had two single beds at the time so I moved them in a way that I could throw a duvet over a part of each of them to make some kind of tent. Overall, I had a bunch of lava lamps, an actual spinning disco ball which was very cheap but still so cool :P I had a bunch of sweets and food etc and I also happened to borrow my sister's "Now that's What I call Music (random number)!"

So we danced the evening away, just the two of us, and when we were finished we both screamed at the top of our lungs "HAPPY BIRTHDAY MARIO!!!"

My parents must have thought I had lost the plot completely.

Hadn't you?

1-up Mushroom

Support N-Europe!

Get rid of advertisements and help cover hosting costs on N-Europe

Become a member!