NEurope
Retro_Link

Kid Icarus Uprising

I'm about to check out the online on this now if anyone's about. :)

...and you beat me first try! :p

...and you beat me first try! :p
I didn't realise it was a VS game at first, was expecting co-op. :D

Thanks for turning me into an eggplant BTW. :laughing:

Just played a few Light VS Dark games as well (with randoms), won those too. :cool:

Palutena's treasure hunt went completely nuts afterwards! :heh: Unlocked soooo many things at once.

This seems like the kind of game that will make my eyes bleed very easily, just like Smash Bros. :laughing:

So how does Nintendo Network come on?

3dsSwitch.jpg

Reached Chapter 6. Must say the Land Battles are starting to get more difficult to control now, especially as they take longer to complete. The

Labyrinth Stage

was awesome!

First game since Mario 3D Land that I've spent almost all my time playing in 3D too!

Edited by welsh_gamer

Got quite a few weapons now, had some more online games too, was a blast. I'm really liking the 'Power system' mechanics I take my time getting it right and try to fit as many 'Pieces' as I can, also I try to match the powers that best aid my weapon of choice.

From Sakurai's Twitter

zPvx8.jpg

Loving this game!!!

The dialogue has made me laugh out loud a few times. I can't remember them all, but the royal buns gag had me chuckling for some time.

Land sections were fine for me at first. The control is really intuitive and i found it quite easy to pick up. I also edited the controls a little to speed up the reticule movement. Speeding up the stopping time of the camera also really helps. I hated how it kept drifting when i span it, so having it automatically stop faster is much easier to work with - saves me having to tap the screen to stop it spinning manually.

I'm having trouble now though. On stage 4 i think, and i died for the first time. There were poison puddles everywhere on the ground and they hurt me alot as i found it hard to concentrate on where i was running/dodging too. Focusing on firing, dodging attacks, the camera and avoiding danger on the ground was just a bit too much! I was playing on the bus though to be fair, and on 5.0 difficulty which was a bit adventurous this early i think! :p

I find it does hurt my hand after about 10 minutes though too. The way i cradle the 3DS has it resting on my little finger, so that starts to hurt having to hold the weight of the console up. I tried the stand while sitting. I crossed my legs and rested it on there. It wasn't much help to be honest - screen was too far away from my eyes so was hard to keep the sweet 3D spot. Using the stand on a table is good, but the table has to be the right height else you have to cock your head accordingly which is annoying and unnatural. Using an adjustable office chair would be ideal i reckon to get the right height. Shame the stand can't adjusted to different angles.

I'm feeling a bit overwhelmed by all of the weapons too. I'd be quite happy to find a good one and stick with it, but i guess experimentation is the way forward here. Havn't really got my head around the stats or fusing weapons together or anything like that yet.

Oh and powers. I don't like how they are set up on the touch screen. I arranged it so i had 4 different ones available, but you can only ever see and select two of them. As if i have time to scroll through them in the heat of a fight! I think you can select with the d-pad too, but i can;t ee that being much help either. I don't understand why they didn't put a longer line along the bottom of the screen for the powers for easy selection. I suppose they needed to keep them out of the way of being selected by accident, but meh.

Fun game though, i'm really enjoying it. Just feel bad for my poor little finger :sad:

Edited by Jav_NE

I'm up to Chapter 6 now. Chapter 5 was rad!...

Loved the trippy vibe on that one, and the SuperFX Chip style visuals.

:love:
and on 5.0 difficulty which was a bit adventurous this early i think! :p
I had a go at Chapter 1 on 9.0, for a laugh. :hehe: Almost made it too, but got finished right before the boss.

It then dropped to 8.0 when I continued, and I cleared it at that intensity.

Got me a couple of really sweet weapons for my trouble though. ;)

But yeah, intensity 9.0 is clearly going to take the piss on later stages.

Anyway, the first SpotPass has been sent out for this, a Viper Blade Gem from Palutena. It appears in the StreetPass section under View Gems. :)

I came across this via GoNintendo earlier:

http://nintendoconnect.com/2012/03/22/kid-icarus-uprising-club-nintendo-ar-cards-arrive-photos-included/

Check the number on that Rare Palutena card... Yep, there's over 400 cards then. :o

For those that aren't interested in physically collecting the AR cards, these sites are gathering scans:

http://www.wiinintendo.net/2012/03/22/kid-icarus-uprising-ar-card-scan-collection/

http://kid-icarus-ar-cards.tumblr.com/

I used a few just now, mainly of idols that I'd already collected via playing the game. You still obtain the 100 hearts for scanning those. icon14.gif

: peace:

I'm up to Chapter 6 now. Chapter 5 was rad!...

Yeah chapter 5 is my favourite level so far.

Died once so far and had plenty of near deaths.

I'm liking the game a lot more than I thought, still not used to the ground controls though. Oh, and I think I prefer using the stand even though I need to sit at a desk to use it.

Arrived!

List yo mo fuggin cards peeps!

001- Pit

006- Twinbellows the Ferocious

007- Magnus

080- First Blade

104- Tiger Claws

128- Violet Palm

EDIT: Scrap those 8 packs I bought yesterday, I just dumped all my stars into it. I have a feeling that I will regret this decision.

Edited by Debug Mode

List yo mo fuggin cards peeps!

001- Pit

006- Twinbellows the Ferocious

007- Magnus

080- First Blade

104- Tiger Claws

128- Violet Palm

001 - Pit

007 - Magnus

016 - Dark Pit

080 - First Blade

116 - Fortune Bow

140 - Ore Club

So this is sounding pretty decent then, judging by everyones initial reactions. I'm not a fan of the original duo of Kid Icarus games, this completely reinvents the formula does it?

So this is sounding pretty decent then, judging by everyones initial reactions. I'm not a fan of the original duo of Kid Icarus games, this completely reinvents the formula does it?

Yeah, it's nothing like those games. You get a few cheeky references from the original games, but the actual gameplay is completely different. If I was to compare it with anything then I would say that the flying sections are very much like Starfox.

I would have said it's more like Sin & Punishment myself.

Edited by Ike

Anyone else really really struggle with the AR on the cards?!

Had a couple of levels, loving it, but the on foot sections are unnecessarily awkward. Hopefully I'll get used to it.

Looks amazing, loads of fun, great banter, INCREDIBLE music.

The amount of stuff to do is a little daunting at first, not quite sure what everything is but I'll give it some more playtime tonight and over the weekend! Haven't even glanced at the multiplayer/online!

So is retreating the same as your character dying? or do you retain everything you've earned in the stage up to that point...

Air sections remind me of Space Harrier too.

This is the main reason why I wanted this game. Ever since playing it last year at the pre-launch events, I knew it felt like Space Harrier.

Ground controls are a pain, it's very hard to flick the circle pad for me strangely. Getting used to it though, which is good, as my Violet Palm of choice has a nice +2 bonus for continuous fire whilst dashing.

I just fused another 2 weapons again today and I got the 'Silver Bow' it's a fantastic weapon the range is 3 BOLD STARS and 1 empty STAR.

EDIT: Going to play some more online games, anyone else wants to play?

Edited by -Dem0-

Slightly disappointed with my monster cards, I wanted Medusa, but hey, 10 booster packs on there way to me!!

2012-03-23192435.jpg[/img]

Been using the old DS thumb strap to play this. Eliminates cramp while retaining a sense of decent control. Just not that into the disconnect of stylus play.

Excellent so far. Amazing graphics, sound and presentation make this highly enjoyable. The kid in me is loving the banter between the characters too, very good.

I see this becoming as replay able as Starfox 64.