N-Europe

Call of Duty: Black Ops

CoolFunkMan

• Replies 379
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well Stadium is awesome, really enjoying that level, especially on Domination. Managed to have some great games on that level.

Discovery - I'm slowly starting to like more and more, again Domination is brilliant, Flag B is so open. Get a good spot to guard it (if your team have it) and you can have a great K/D ratio

Kowloon - I FUCKING HATE - wow... I don't think I'll ever enjoy this level. I Cant recall one spot on the map where your safe. It seems that at any point in the level you can be taken out from multiple directions at multiple heights in the level.

Berlin - Played this level the least, and not really familiar with it yet, so cant judge. I like the theme though, takes me back to COD 1 / 2 days on PC which is welcome.

Stadium - The worst match I've ever had on Black Ops.

Kowloon - Enjoyable if the other team isn't camping.

Berlin - The middle section with the guns seems pointless. Other than that it seems to be a good tactical map.

Discovery - Very enjoyable, with loads of great places.

Kowloon - I FUCKING HATE - wow... I don't think I'll ever enjoy this level. I Cant recall one spot on the map where your safe. It seems that at any point in the level you can be taken out from multiple directions at multiple heights in the level.

I watched a making of doc on this and Treyarch said they broke several of their golden rules when designing this one so it would feel different. I really like the look of the maps though, however I would really like to see Asylum and Upheaval from WAW, although I know a lot of people didn't like seeing old maps in MW2.

Sadly it will now never happen, but I'd have loved to have seen CoD and CoD2's maps either directly imported or reskinned (a-la Chinatown in MW and the updated Brecourt in MW2) for the next IW CoD. Some of those maps were absolutely amazing, especially with old-style Headquarters. Pavlov, Toujane, Carentan, Depot, Dawnville/St. Mere Eglise, Harbour, Railyard/Stalingrad... Actually, add Crash, Shipment, Overgrown, Vacant and Crossfire, all from CoD4, and that would be one epic multiplayer map pack...

Sadly it will now never happen, but I'd have loved to have seen CoD and CoD2's maps either directly imported or reskinned (a-la Chinatown in MW and the updated Brecourt in MW2) for the next IW CoD. Some of those maps were absolutely amazing, especially with old-style Headquarters. Pavlov, Toujane, Carentan, Depot, Dawnville/St. Mere Eglise, Harbour, Railyard/Stalingrad... Actually, add Crash, Shipment, Overgrown, Vacant and Crossfire, all from CoD4, and that would be one epic multiplayer map pack...

You deserve a medal!

It's so true. That's one thing that pisses me off when buying DLC Maps for each Cod or MW game, they never carry over. Granted the maps just bought for Black Ops are the first I've bought since Modern Warfare1. But still, there are some great levels on each game from COD4,W@W,MW2, and some great maps from COD1 as you've mentioned.

Do Activision actually own the rights to the maps? or are IW & Treyarch each responsible for them? Cause Activision should do something along the lines of the Halo2 Map Pack but make them continue on thoughout each game in the series, maybe baring a few of the shitter ones.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTBRAGJPH8I2uZ58Hv49NzRuYBe5_-wquNkD8WuV633qsIHVZ01Dg

If they could somehow beef up the options in Combat Training I'd be a happy bunny.

Yeah sometimes when I get frustrated with multiplayer i'll switch to Combat training, and have a laugh, but just TDM is slightly lame, would be good if they could introduce new game types with the bots. Domination would be quite cool. or Demolition.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

Sooo got this game today. Fucking sucking online at the moment, getting like 10 kills and 18 deaths. Getting to know the maps but shit internet connection makes it painful. Not quite gotten to grips with the money-stuff for upgrading weapons... But yeah had a few nice kills (but mostly lots of annoying moments). Played the single player a little and it seems alright. Starting to see what people mean about respawning enemies. usually I'll either sit back and pick people off or run through and be a nutter - this game kinda punishes both forms of play.

So yeah. Sucking bad. Really annoying. Kinda considering picking up MW2 again to get my kicks as all the summerfags will be on so easy kills, like :P

I've been playing it the last couple of months online (I'm not even bothering with the campaign, I know it'll be CoD wank).

I recommend Ghost (ofc), Sleight of Hand Pro is essential as quicker ADS is a deal breaker (+ reloading fast is ridiculously useful), and the third perk preferably Hacker, though that last one is more variable.

As opposed to MW2, I don't silence my weapons. They nerf the guns much more in this game. So instead I recommend dual mag attachment, which gives you more starting magazines (unadvertised on the description) and it makes every other reload faster - so combined with SoH it makes reloading insane.

You generally want to avoid the sub-machine guns bar the AK74U for rushing. It's well known that the FAMAS is amazingly powerful, with the Galil also being a very sturdy option. Use those to get confident.

Parenthesis ftw.

Edited by dwarf

Cheers man :) I've noticed on gun games/shooters (i forget the name) that I've been slayed even when I've had the trigger first. I know it's a noob move to blame my tools but frankly it's happened so often it had to be something other than me -- slieght of hand it is. Ghost is essentially cold-blooded, right? I've noticed waaay more choppers in Blops.

When learning maps I basically do nothing but rush so set-ups for that are very much appreciated. I'll settle once I know where the hot spots are, so I'm all about quick-fire, short-range.

Level 9 atm - got to level 6 whilst drunk in sheff so I've not got much going for me atm. Once I know which maps are open/closed I may start shotty-ing it. Never really played that way but hey.

Any map packs worth investing in?

Yeah Ghost is cold-blooded, but the pro-version (invisible to aircraft) is a bit more of a bitch to unlock in Blops because the 3 challenges required for pro are a tad erksome.

And by gun games do you mean Cod solely? Because I can only think of KZ3 that has an equivalent to SoH. It might well be an inconsistent Internet connection that damages your games.

Rush classes are fairly self-explanatory, you'll want Lightweight (preferably pro for quicker ADS after sprinting), sleight of hand (always sleight of hand!) and marathon. Don't silence your weapons as said - use the AK74U with either extended mags or dual mag.

My favourite rush class though is 'teh shotty' one. Marathon, Lightweight, steady-aim. Use the Spas silenced (doesn't sound amazing in practice and almost always takes two shots to kill but honestly it's pretty awesome - especially for maps like Summit). You can flank, hang around fairly close to short-range areas and nearby spawn locations and completely tear the opponents up, and you won't be on enemies' radar from shooting. The Spas has a fast fire rate so put your skepticism aside.

Plus, you'll want to be using UAV as one of your killstreaks, always. That's what I like to do anyway.

I know nothing of the map packs, I'm only borrowing the game for a long time.

Edited by dwarf

Yeah Ghost is cold-blooded, but the pro-version (invisible to aircraft) is a bit more of a bitch to unlock in Blops because the 3 challenges required for pro are a tad erksome.

And by gun games do you mean Cod solely? Because I can only think of KZ3 that has an equivalent to SoH. It might well be an inconsistent Internet connection that damages your games.

Rush classes are fairly self-explanatory, you'll want Lightweight (preferably pro for quicker ADS after sprinting), sleight of hand (always sleight of hand!) and marathon. Don't silence your weapons as said - use the AK74U with either extended mags or dual mag.

My favourite rush class though is 'teh shotty' one. Marathon, Lightweight, steady-aim. Use the Spas silenced (doesn't sound amazing in practice and almost always takes two shots to kill but honestly it's pretty awesome - especially for maps like Summit). You can flank, hang around fairly close to short-range areas and nearby spawn locations and completely tear the opponents up, and you won't be on enemies' radar from shooting. The Spas has a fast fire rate so put your skepticism aside.

Plus, you'll want to be using UAV as one of your killstreaks, always. That's what I like to do anyway.

I know nothing of the map packs, I'm only borrowing the game for a long time.

The Spas is probably the only silenced weapon that doesn't seem to be nerfed, actually seems to be more effective when silenced.

Some of the maps are good, but unless your gonna play zombies as well, I wouldn't bother.

Using an enfield at the moment. Most games I join are carnage with the amount of carepackages flying around. Getting to know some of the maps, getting to be very pissed off at players higher level than me who clearly suck - and starting to have the occasional positive k/d!

enfield with red dot sight, ghost, hardened, marathon. that nerve gas stuff and clamores with my frags. Doing alright with it - learning my range which is what most of this game was about for me before.

Level 18, k/d ratio is 0.98 - was 0.2 at one point :P

1-up Mushroom

Support N-Europe!

Get rid of advertisements and help cover hosting costs on N-Europe

Become a member!