N-Europe

FIFA World Cup 2010

Charlie

Anyone got this or played the demo yet?

My flatmate downloaded it for the PS3 just now and we've just finished a game. Plays pretty much the same as FIFA 10 (as expected). Cool feature how the camera pans into the managers during cut-scenes etc and has their name appear like it does on TV.

Only teams available on the demo are Italy and Spain.

Can't really comment on the graphics as my flatmate is too stingy/ apparently doesn't see the difference using a HDMI cable.

And one more thing for anyone who's got it... "whoa oh oh oh woa, whoaoaoao oh oh oh oh". That's going to be stuck in my head all afternoon.

Anyone got this or played the demo yet?

And one more thing for anyone who's got it... "whoa oh oh oh woa, whoaoaoao oh oh oh oh". That's going to be stuck in my head all afternoon.

Haha, YES! That song drove me in.sane.

Quite like the game though, the demo plays like FIFA but it feels a bit more arcadey. They've definitely tweaked little things but exactly what I couldn't tell you... Didn't put much time into it.

I love the fact that there is pretty much every national team on the game, that there are about 50 stadiums and the beautiful, beautiful road to the world cup mode is back. I was in love with FIFA '98. The prospect of taking Eastern European minnows to world cup glory excites me in ways it shouldn't.

There's also a scenario mode which will be updated with new challenges (free DLC) during and after the world cup proper. There are classic scenario's and classic teams. All in all it looks like a decent package, and I'll probably pick it up, for a decent price.

I haven't bought a football game in four years (Fifa 05 for a fiver) but I've greatly enjoyed the demo for this. I think I'll wait until a couple of months after the World Cup to get it at which point retailers will inevitably be begging you to take them.

I've since found out its the official World Cup song due to be played by all broadcasters worldwide.

The song is annoying as hell but I'm love it now for some reason.

That song is actually brilliant! It's...one of the happiest songs I've heard in a while. :D

That's the original I think Gaggle means. It's a great song.

Picked it up. Loved the demo and love a good world cup experience. It plays far better than FIFA 10. The player movement off the ball is sorted. Crossing the ball/the flight of the ball is now spot on and the keepers close the angle rather than rush off their lines.

I love the broadcast elements too (which can be turned off if you wish). Overall it's possibly the best worldcup game I've played in years. :-)

Been playing the world cup mode today and a score update from the other group game came up to say how that would affect the group. I then had to win so changed the formation etc and went for it (only to succumb to a counter attack). Wasn't bothered though as it made it all the more realistic.

Great how the golden boot/player of the tournament is in there too. It's all integrated really well with real pictures of your team in a web-page layout. EA have gone the extra mile with this and it's about time. Still loving it and yet to find any consistant gameplay sweet spots.

Edited by tapedeck
Automerged Doublepost

Picked it up. Loved the demo and love a good world cup experience. It plays far better than FIFA 10. The player movement off the ball is sorted. Crossing the ball/the flight of the ball is now spot on and the keepers close the angle rather than rush off their lines.

I love the broadcast elements too (which can be turned off if you wish). Overall it's possibly the best worldcup game I've played in years. :-)

Been playing the world cup mode today and a score update from the other group game came up to say how that would affect the group. I then had to win so changed the formation etc and went for it (only to succumb to a counter attack). Wasn't bothered though as it made it all the more realistic.

Great how the golden boot/player of the tournament is in there too. It's all integrated really well with real pictures of your team in a web-page layout. EA have gone the extra mile with this and it's about time. Still loving it and yet to find any consistant gameplay sweet spots.

As soon as I can find it cheap, I will buy. Sounds great, thanks.