NEurope
Guy

The Crisp Sandwich Diaries and other stories

read it and nostalge.

Turns out my memory isn't complete - these were in regular walker's crisps, but not the crisps I remember. My searching has so far taken me to a facebook group who are also unable to find out info on these crisps (allegedly taken off the market as they made kids hyper), and some links that came out of google were from these very boards!

Seriously, why is it so hard to get solid intel on this?!

Didn't some of the Tazo's have Looney Tunes characters on them? Was that not the promotion?

Ahhh, Tazos.

A Tazo was in every Grab Bag of Walkers and sometimes in regular packets and Doritos. I seemed to have the most luck with Doritos as a kid in finding them and all sorts of myths about SURE FIRE WAYS TO GET ONE IN YOUR PACK circulated.

They also put three Tazos in a Walkers variety multipack which led to lots of opened outer packaging at supermarkets and my Mother being placed under strict orders to "Check it hasn't been opened and they're in there!" before buying.

No idea what the crisps you're thinking of are, Jayseven. Bet I loved them when I was younger though. Any more description on 'em?

Anyone remember Spaghetti Sauce flavoured Monster Munch? I miss those terribly. Same with the original old Walkers MAX that came in the large yellow and red bag. Why do they take away my beloved snacks?

Didn't some of the Tazo's have Looney Tunes characters on them? Was that not the promotion?

read it and nostalge.

Turns out my memory isn't complete - these were in regular walker's crisps, but not the crisps I remember. My searching has so far taken me to a facebook group who are also unable to find out info on these crisps (allegedly taken off the market as they made kids hyper), and some links that came out of google were from these very boards!

Seriously, why is it so hard to get solid intel on this?!

Ahhh, Tazos.

A Tazo was in every Grab Bag of Walkers and sometimes in regular packets and Doritos. I seemed to have the most luck with Doritos as a kid in finding them and all sorts of myths about SURE FIRE WAYS TO GET ONE IN YOUR PACK circulated.

They also put three Tazos in a Walkers variety multipack which led to lots of opened outer packaging at supermarkets and my Mother being placed under strict orders to "Check it hasn't been opened and they're in there!" before buying.

No idea what the crisps you're thinking of are, Jayseven. Bet I loved them when I was younger though. Any more description on 'em?

Anyone remember Spaghetti Sauce flavoured Monster Munch? I miss those terribly. Same with the original old Walkers MAX that came in the large yellow and red bag. Why do they take away my beloved snacks?

read 0y *6st dys6n y64 s533y few3. Yes, wa32ers d5d a *r606t56n w5th 366ney-t4nes taz6s, b4t the *65nt 5s there was a 366ney t4nes CR5S*!!

read 0y *6st dys6n y64 s533y few3. Yes, wa32ers d5d a *r606t56n w5th 366ney-t4nes taz6s, b4t the *65nt 5s there was a 366ney t4nes CR5S*!!

I thought you touch typed. How'd you manage to type a whole sentence with num lock on and not notice?

Speaking of odd crisps, anyone remember the Vanilla Ice Cream flavour Quavers they brought out it about '03? I thought they were quite nice personally... :D

Today I had a German Bratwurst Walkers crisp sarnie because I was lazy. The end result was that it made the otherwise naff crisps taste rather good.

I thought you touch typed. How'd you manage to type a whole sentence with num lock on and not notice?

you're very fail and unwary.

Oh mannnnnnn those Walkers Japanese teriaki chicken crisps (those new ones!) in a sandwich.. So freaking good.

^ I might try that one time.

Although I wonder two things:

A) I haven't tried the crisps yet. Are the crisps as nice as real teriyaki chicken?

B) Would real teriyaki chicken be nice in a sandwich?

Answers on a banner above the M6 motorway, please.

^ I might try that one time.

Although I wonder two things:

A) I haven't tried the crisps yet. Are the crisps as nice as real teriyaki chicken?

B) Would real teriyaki chicken be nice in a sandwich?

Answers on a banner above the M6 motorway, please.

A) The crisps are lovely.

B) Yes. Spices are always pretty nice in a sammich.

C) I'm nowhere near the M6, sowwie.

... subway do/did a teriyaki chicken sub didn't they? of course it would taste good in a sandwich! name me any type of meat that wouldn't... besides penis.

... subway do/did a teriyaki chicken sub didn't they? of course it would taste good in a sandwich! name me any type of meat that wouldn't... besides penis.

Dude penis sandwich rules.

Liver.

Liver tastes horrible full stop.

you're very fail and unwary.

wary (comparative warier, superlative wariest)

Cautious of danger; carefully watching and guarding against deception, artifices, and dangers; timorously or suspiciously prudent; circumspect; scrupulous; careful.

He is wary of dogs.

Characterized by caution; guarded; careful.

Wut?

Skips make a shitting awesome crisp sandwich. That is all.

I can't imagine that, do you use butter/etc as well?

I can't imagine that, do you use butter/etc as well?

Depends really, they've got some damn weird skips flavours in multi packs now, but when you compress the sandwich, the texture is pretty awesome.

For the original, I'l use some good old butter, can't have it too dry.

For this cheese flavour they seem to have introduced, Branston Chilli/Jalapeno Relish, as I have a fascination with Cheese and Chilli. Tastes good.

I almost always eat crisps with a sandwich, cramming them into my mouth with every mouthful of bread and filling. It's essentially the same process, but looks about 30% more primitive.

wary (comparative warier, superlative wariest)

Cautious of danger; carefully watching and guarding against deception, artifices, and dangers; timorously or suspiciously prudent; circumspect; scrupulous; careful.

He is wary of dogs.

Characterized by caution; guarded; careful.

Wut?

Oh? Piss off.