NEurope
Guest DS MaNiAc

London Underground

i remember this, ive got it on my pc, my cuz gave it to me a while a go, a damn funny but true song, which is probably why its so funny.

Yeah...I've heard it too. The song is SO true. 1st heard it at my college when i used to go to the common room last academic year. Full of year 12s now :P

I too have heard it before. Was funny but as soon as it hits the mainstream and everyone in college is reciting the lyrics, it gets on your tits.

Yeah its pretty old, just found it again today though and felt like posting it =)

well im glad ya did, it reminded me of the song, i hadnt heard it in atleast 6 months, so thanks.

I want to be the first to say "Yeah yeah seen it ages ago!".

While I'm at it, go listen to http://www2.b3ta.com/heyhey16k/ you know it's brilliant.

ah, b3ta, i love that site!

ive seen the london underground thing before, reputation +263!!!!11!one!!

(i haven't really)

Hmm, this has been seen before. I'll keep the thread open incase people want to sample Bowser's tune.

Hmm, this has been seen before. I'll keep the thread open incase people want to sample Bowser's tune.

It's been seen before too, just a little while before the Underground one, so I thought I'd chuck that in here as well.

Hmm.. Heard it ages ago, liked it quite a lot then..

Then about 3 months later everyone was singing it/playing ti in bad quality on their phones, and I really liked it no longer.

Yes but no.

Ive had that London underground song on my phone for ages, i love it, infact I was playing it on my way home friday night on the night bus at around 3:30am....everyone loved me...

To be honest ive never heard it before but i totaly laughed my balls off listening to it .

Ive worked in the rail industry for 17 years now and i can really understand the frustrations joe punter ( travelling public ) has to endure going to work etc.

I work in a signal box , so its true , i do get £30k a year for sitting on my arse but i dont think a 4 year old could do it . I think the song was refering more to LUG tube drivers being greedy and lazy , I wont go too much into the managment/ union politics that is the LUGs main problem. But there are a lot of things that rail staff have to deal with and it can become extremely stressful .

Let me tell you a tale .

One day last february i was working a normal weekend shift when i noticed 3 youths placing stones on the track not far from my signalbox , Line speed in that area is 90mph . An accident did happen , the speed of the train and the curvature of the line caught one of the boys of guard . The train run over him and sliced his two legs off from the top of his thighs .

Obviously , i called for an ambulance and went down to the boy to check if he was still alive , the train driver had stopped his train and met me at the scene . The boy was around 11 years old and sitting upright ( with no legs) . one leg was lying in the 4foot (between the rails ) and the other was jammed on the front of the train .

The boy begged me and the train driver not to tell his parents that he had been playing on the railway and we calmed him and told him every thing was going to be alright ( even though we knew he was dying ) . To try and calm and reasure a dying youngster as his other two friends are screaming their fucking heads off beside him is a very difficult task .

Sadly the boy was dead before the ambulance arrived , but the police closed the line , which is a normal procedure just in case foul play may be involved .

After all that i proceeded to work the rest of my shift normaly (between bouts of crying my fucking eyes out ) . Im sorry to tell you all this story but it is the one that has really stuck to me.

Anyway , sorry to be so doom and gloom .

But if you are standing waiting on a train to work or going home and that pleasant female voice on the tannoy tells you your train is delayed because of a signal or track failure or problems with the trains engine , just remember it may be something else that they dont want to upset you with .

Afterall , the delay on that terrible day was called an (obstruction on the line ) .

BTW , has any one had that , leaves on the line excuse for their delay?.

Leaves on the line can be a laughable excuse to some but it can be a very serious matter .

Any questions are welcome .

:woops: Thanks for sharing that with us! :heh:

Err.. Sorry . I can be a bit doom sounding at times , but it does get it off the chest .

Ive got lots more similar storys if you want to hear them . ?

Anyway , its coming up to xmas so i better not eh !

i went to their website ,http://www.amateurtransplants.com and listened to some more of their songs and they are fuckin great!