NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Nintenchris

Battalion Wars

Im here to remind you that Battalion Wars is out this week!!!

B0009XEC0M.02.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

It didnt look that good when they first showed it off but it just got better and better and now i think it looks like a good game. I shall be gettin a copy on thursday!

Anyway i was just wondering if any of you guys will be buyin this game aswell.. as it seems these sorts of games get over looked

Here's a trailer of the game for anyone who wants a look/reminder;

http://www.gametrailers.com/player.php?id=6731&pl=game&type=wmv

I'm kind of interested in this game, it does look like it could be fun.

The style of the cutscenes looks great; really like those!

This game would of been great if it had had some sort of 4 player co-op/squad based mode or something; where you each took a different role and could command different vehicles etc...

yes im picking this up. But maybe not right away. I just bought Mario Kart (surprise) and Far Cry, and have pre-ordered (import) Animal Crossing. So I'll have enough at my hands for some time. But I love the cartoony looks of this game and it looks like a good fun old shooter.. bring it online bring it online for the REV

Yeah I'm also picking this game up, it will be the last game I get for this year.

I agree with what was said at the start of the thread, the game at first seemed really shoddy but over time it's really come a long way and seems alot of fun.

This will most likely be my last purcahse til the New Years Sales. Like it has been said before the game has come a long way and even though short its supposed to be a fun game to play.

I've been hyped about this for a while now, as I haven't purchased a GameCube game since Killer7.

Glad to see they never got rid of the outstanding boxart for the EU release, and it looks better in the orange tones instead of the greens which the US boxart had.

I've pre-ordered it with play.com, so I'll probably get it in the post this Saturday coming.

After this, all that's waiting for me on the GameCube is Zelda:TP. :smile:

I was looking forward to this title for a long time now but our TV doesn't display anything anymore properly and we get a new one after christmas so this means that I'll wait to purchase it of my own free will :)

I don't know whether to get it. Got so many games and feels like I should get on with some of them. Especially Pikmin 2. I love Pikmin and still haven't played this properly.

Maybe I should just get it. Or not. Dunno. Fuck I hate decisions.

I picked up a copy while I was out in the states and have been playing it for a while. If you guys have any Qs I don't mind answering them.

I picked up a copy while I was out in the states and have been playing it for a while. If you guys have any Qs I don't mind answering them.[/Quote]

is it as strategic as the GBA/DS ones? where you have to think, otherwise things that you didnt want happening happened?

and could you just overall tell us how it plays, i might consider this game and many others that are already out.

dont know if i should get killer 7? tempting and resi 4 arg i cant decide, any thats going for £25 ill have for christmas

is it as strategic as the GBA/DS ones? where you have to think, otherwise things that you didnt want happening happened?

and could you just overall tell us how it plays, i might consider this game and many others that are already out.

dont know if i should get killer 7? tempting and resi 4 arg i cant decide, any thats going for £25 ill have for christmas

It's not as strategic, but there is some strategy to the battles and such I believe (I don't own it but read reviews, watch vids etc. I want this game 2nd most for Xmas, beating it is Mazza Kart)

So...obviously i can't say how it plays.

Get Killer7 AND Resi4 they BOTH RULE (though get Resi4 1st cos it's better)

Actually Kurt R has pretty much said what I would say. Although I don't think its less strategic, just a different type of strategy. You don't plan ahead as much and in as much detail. Most of the time you are simply reacting to whats thrown at you, and you have to think strategically, fast. In some ways this is actually an improvement on the originals because you feel more engrosed and part of the action.

Overall the game is absoloutly brilliant. Its a shame there is no multiplayer or co-op, because in those circumstances it could have been SSBM good, nevertheless I had a great amount of fun.

However it comes third behind those two games you mentioned, simply because they are incredible. Anyone will tell you that Residant Evil is a must buy. And Killer 7? One of my top five as listed in the retro discussions "top 50 games" topic. Not for everyone, but it'll always be one of my top list games.

ok cheers for that LazyBoy ill consider those 3 games, and thanks Kurt R for yourr info

I reviewed it not awhile back on DZ. It's an interesting game, but if you don't learn right away you'll fail and fail and fail and eventually just get bored with it. Unless you'e prepared to play until you win, I'd suggest renting beforehand.

This comment has put me off. I do that a lot in games. Give up if I'm complete rubbish at them. Might get Prince of Persia 3 instead.

Pre-ordered with gameplay a while back. Hoping it turns up Thursday as I am really looking forward to this one. 3 episodes left on Fire Emblem so this will suitably take its place.

It's here!!

It rocks! Im loving this game, the first level is great for getting used to the controls. Only thing that pisses me off is that Betty has the most ear renching voice ever... she makes me want to pull my ears off!

Agreed , it is bloody great - Luckily I have managed to drown out Bettys voice with Pantera at full volume , but what I did hear from hear was indeed irritating.

Thanks for the heads up I forgot it was out this week and have ordered it off Gameplay so with any luck it should arrive tomorrow or Sat at the lastest.

I think the game is an equal to the original Wars games, but simply given a 3d sheen...

it has a brilliant blend of actionn and strategy.

ive been excited about this game for so long now!!! Got to wait til xmas though, bought far too many ds games to justify buying!

This game rocks, i haven't got it, but i knew it would ever since i play tested it for Kuju with some other C-E'ers.

Hey I was one of those. Funny that level we tested never made it into the game.

Sign in to follow this