N-Europe

Tattoo Designs: King_V Needs You! and I'll pay.

Falcon_BlizZACK

*Finger pointing towards your face*

This is serious. I want you to design me a tattoo and I'll definitely pay you. Basically, I want two laying lions on both my pecs, symmetric and facing each other, almost similar to a coat of arms. I ask because i have searched all over with no great designs of what Im after.

The tattoo should be: In full black, though Im open to nice shaded designs, but only sticking to black. The lions should be laying but proud, exactly as in the picture below of the lions guarding Nelson's Column at Trafalgar Sq (London). They should be symmetric; basically one design mirrored, ideally not touching each other, but again, Im open to cool stuff.

lions-at-trafalgar-square.jpg

Ideally, the facial profile of the lion, should be like the picture below; with a somewhat projecting 'goatee'.

TrafSq-Lion.jpg

If you're serious, I'll 100% pay you for your good designs, and once I get the tattoo, I'll give you a pic to add to your portfolio.

: peace:

Yeah I'm sure they would draw up a design for you actually. And since they're tattooists they'll probably know what works best heh. =)

In any case, I drew a black and white lion. To be honest I didn't know whether you wanted something detailed or more stylised heh. Oh well, was a nice break from work. =P

liontattoo.jpg

Damn, is that ink or do you use the computer?

Did it on my laptop, couldn't be bothered to go and find paper and ink. Plus then I should've done a pencil sketch first and yeahhhh, figured I'd just do it on the computer.

Thats unbelievable, and that was done on a break?

Well done in two suuuuuper long breaks haha. Actually spent more time on this than on school work today. Guess I gotta go back to that right now. =(

Thanks guys.

Grazza: I used my wacom tablet to draw it. Also, do give the tribal one a try. I think King_V might prefer a tribal one, but it's something I can't really do myself heh. Well I probably could but it would take me aaaages and lots of tries, so you'd be way better at it. =)

Yeah I'm sure they would draw up a design for you actually. And since they're tattooists they'll probably know what works best heh. =)

In any case, I drew a black and white lion. To be honest I didn't know whether you wanted something detailed or more stylised heh. Oh well, was a nice break from work. =P

liontattoo.jpg

Wow! Thats the idea! Thanks! This is very detailed and cool, but I think Im after something a lil simpler, like without the fur showing for example. Something almost like an icon - like the coat of arms. But really appreciate your effort. :)

I think Grazza knows what I'm feeling.

Eenuh, I feel like paying you for your efforts... ;) (no seriously)

Amazing. How did you do it on the computer? With a trackpad?

I can't do anything as good as that, King V. I was going to do a tribal one. But, I think I know your character quite well, so I still feel like giving it a go just for fun.

My intuition tells me you'e on the ball. (looking forward to seeing it) : peace:

Eenuh, you're so awesome, you honestly make me jealous. I can't imagine how big your intellect is that you can a) draw a perfect lion almost instantly and b) just pick up a new style like that!

Anyway, enough of the sucking-up! ;)

King V, can you give me a week or two, please, as I need some time to study lions? I've done some sketches, but need to do a lot more.

Yeah I figured you wanted something more stylised haha. I tried altering the image so it's less detailed, but it might still not be what you're after (though changes are always possible of course).

liontattoo2.png

Eenuh...Oh...My...God!

I first saw this picture and I honestly fell in love with it! This would make me have a tattoo if it was this! Great work!

Yeah I figured you wanted something more stylised haha. I tried altering the image so it's less detailed, but it might still not be what you're after (though changes are always possible of course).

liontattoo2.png

Ahhhh! Thats cool! Thats perfect. Thats basically what I want. Eenuh, I wonder if you can make its eyes look 'softer', like a proud, heroic lion. ^^ (and also if you can shade everything in black just to see how it looks). Could you make one with one paw raised?

Then we discuss payment. :)

But seriously, thanks so much for your time. :hug:

By softer eyes do you mean less angry? =P

What do you want to see shaded in black? The manes?

I might give it a shot tomorrow if I find time; have to go to work so will see when I can do it. =)

lol, yeah, less angry. ;) More assured.(if you could, could you make the fur on the top parts of the mane slightly spikier, similar to sonic?)

I'd like to see how it looks with everything shaded except the face. So basically all black. But please please, all in your own time. Hate to feel like I'm ordering you or something. You're the best.Take care at work.

x

Okay, decided to give it a try before work. Here's four different versions (colour wise), going from white to black. Since I wasn't sure what exactly you want, plus it gives you an idea of what works and what doesn't.

liontattoowit3.jpg

liontattoo4.jpg

liontattoo3.jpg

liontattoozwart.jpg

I personally prefer the first two, as I don't think all black works too well. But that's my opinion. =)

But yeah anything that still needs changing, or anything you don't like in this version, let me know.

Okay, decided to give it a try before work. Here's four different versions (colour wise), going from white to black. Since I wasn't sure what exactly you want, plus it gives you an idea of what works and what doesn't.

liontattoowit3.jpg

liontattoo4.jpg

liontattoo3.jpg

liontattoozwart.jpg

I personally prefer the first two, as I don't think all black works too well. But that's my opinion. =)

But yeah anything that still needs changing, or anything you don't like in this version, let me know.

Ding, ding ding! Jackpot! The third lion is perfect! Black, with a white/clear outline. It will go well with my choclate complexion ^^. Just curious though, how on earth did you manage to edit the earlier pic to raise the paw? Was it simply 'rub out and re-do'? But thank you very much Eenuh, I feel very priveleged for your time.

Okay, so I am going to use this design as my base. I plan to get it done by the end of March. So I'll give you the pics for a nice lil portfolio 'client case study' type thing.

Thank you, Eenuh.

Here's my attempt. I tried to email it to you, King V, but it bounced back. Also, I did it before I read the new criteria.

lion.jpg

Thanks a lot Grazza. Appreciate your effort. I like your idea; it kind of reminds me of a dragon with the claws (that Welsh one). I thinbk making the tattoo in segments is a brilliant idea, and makes it look very stylised. Eenuh just beat you to it, and those choices of ideas just caught my eye... But really thank you very much.

Ding, ding ding! Jackpot! The third lion is perfect! Black, with a white/clear outline. It will go well with my choclate complexion ^^. Just curious though, how on earth did you manage to edit the earlier pic to raise the paw? Was it simply 'rub out and re-do'? But thank you very much Eenuh, I feel very priveleged for your time.

Okay, so I am going to use this design as my base. I plan to get it done by the end of March. So I'll give you the pics for a nice lil portfolio 'client case study' type thing.

Thank you, Eenuh.

Ah since I did the image on my laptop (in Photoshop), I could easily change it. Just erased the old paw and drew in the new one. =)

And yes, a photo once it's done would be lovely of course! Anything to spice up my portfolio! =D

And you're welcome!