NEurope
darksnowman

Nintendo Media Summit 2010

So uh..that was pretty crap. I refuse to buy a Wii purely for Fragile next month, was hoping something would get announced to persuade me, Other M may be it, but thats as far as it goes..

Well all I can say is you're missing out. The next six months are going to be the best that the Wii (and DS) has had for a very long time. Yes, I also expect that once these games are out, there's going to be another drought, like there was after Brawl was released, but what the heck - I'm going to enjoy Metroid, Mario, Sin and Punishment, Wario Ware and Pokemon while I can!

Cammie interview from GameSpot: http://uk.gamespot.com/events/nintendo10/video.html?sid=6251936 Good to see her talking about some core games for once!

Live updates from the EU conference will be here at half ten:

http://twitter.com/onm_uk

http://www.nintendolife.com/news/2010/02/live_text_european_gamers_summit_2010

Let's hope we get something new out of it!

Edited by Mike

Great conference, to finally get release dates on games they've been banging on about for months was the highlight! Though i'm not getting too excited as European dates may differ considerably, gonna have to wait and see in 40 mins time!

Surprised that at least one new game wasn't announced..but because we didn't know release dates for 4 big hitters..i suppose it made sense. :hmm:

European conference will just give us dates, so it'll be nice (or horrid) to know when we will be getting Metroid, Mario, Sin and Punishment and Monster Hunter! (oh and warioware DIY of course!).

Wii has an epic spring/summer, quite surprised really...

The big games for September-December or obviously Wii Relax with the vitality sensor, Pikmin 3 and maybe..just maybe...Zelda.

Am I the only one who's excited about Span Smasher/Flingsmash? Amongst all of the 3 big M's ( Mario, Metroid, Monster Hunter ) this gem of a game seems to have been brushed aside. Im hoping Tom and Nathan put some time into the game while they are at the event.

Read it's Wii Motionplus+ only earlier, so Flingsmash is most defintley on my radar. That little device needs some loving, plus I haven't played an Arkanoid style game since the Game Boy days.

No DS2 no Poke Park Wii release date and no Pokemon Gen 5 and where is out Metorid Other M date thanks Ngamer for geting me hyper for nothing but I say it was good I cant wait for some of the games.

No DS2 no Poke Park Wii release date and no Pokemon Gen 5 and where is out Metorid Other M date thanks Ngamer for geting me hyper for nothing but I say it was good I cant wait for some of the games.

Wow... Nintendo did a great job... Mario earlier than anyone had right to hope... Sin and punishment, free monster hunter online...

And you're complaining about pokemon?

Pokemon?

EDIT: also... if they've got all this to say now... then E3 is going to be EPIC! They could have easily saved mario for E3 and everyone would have still been happy.

Wow... Nintendo did a great job... Mario earlier than anyone had right to hope... Sin and punishment, free monster hunter online...

And you're complaining about pokemon?

Pokemon?

EDIT: also... if they've got all this to say now... then E3 is going to be EPIC! They could have easily saved mario for E3 and everyone would have still been happy.

I am happy that we are geting Super Mario Galaxy 2 earlier and I am not geting Sin and punishment but I am geting monster hunter 3 and I am happy its got free online.

I was blown away by the Mario Galaxy trailer! I haven't looked at anything else thats gone on though, apart from the live blogs. Im gonna go on IGN and such later to check out more Galaxy and Metroid screens!

I did think the Monster Hunter Demo disc sounded interesting! Hopefully we will get that in the UK too!

Is there still not a trailer for Other M?

no sorey I cant find any I wonder if it be up tommorw.

The trailer was quick edit version of older build that was shown but it wont be online because the trailer wasn't the latest build version.

N-Sider -

That said, this might be part of why media wasn't allowed to take any pictures or video. The opening screen of the demo even says that the graphics are far from final, so I'll reserve judgment for now.

Screencaps of quick edited trailer:

2v8pe2s.jpg

k3s3r.jpg

charting_thedates.gif

Well all I can say is you're missing out. The next six months are going to be the best that the Wii (and DS) has had for a very long time. Yes, I also expect that once these games are out, there's going to be another drought, like there was after Brawl was released, but what the heck - I'm going to enjoy Metroid, Mario, Sin and Punishment, Wario Ware and Pokemon while I can!

!

100% agreed... nintendo knocked this one out of the park - the line up is truly amazing...

Nintendo have the best software line up this year by a MILE! MH3, Metroid and Galaxy 2! This is shaping up to be a great year. What's more, the Galaxy trailer is truly jaw dropping.

God it's awful to live in Australia. Look at those release dates.

Terrible, absolutely terrible. :nono:

Australians can import from us though can't they?