N-Europe

Batman: The Brave And The Bold

Marcamillian

1bbbkeyartengflatpsdjpg.jpg

Coming Fall 2010

I seems that the reletive sucess of WB publishing Scribblenauts for the DS has brought them back to the nintnedo platforms.

Brave and the Bold: The Game Official Website/

Tread through the exciting terrain of the DC universe and test your might in this side-scrolling action thrill ride.

Go behind the cowl of the Caped Crusader himself and team up with one of this many superhero firends to solve puzzles, fight dozens of foes and discover new worlds as you battle to save the day and see if you truely have what it takes to be a superhero.

Not only do I love the humour of the Brave and the Bold series, it's being developed by WayForward (Boy and His Blob / Contra 4). With 2 player co-op (with a wide choice of support charcters from the series) in the Wii version and the ability to sync up the DS game... I'm excited.

Excellent material and a developer who has an amazing track record of dealing with established IP in a very sucessful manner... recipie for success?

(P.S This thing is going to look BEAUTIFUL)

Edited by Retro_Link
added Picture and date

Gotta be said I'm not a comic aficionardo but from my fleeting brushes with the comic world Marvel have always seemed have more draw for me.

The brave and the bold cartoon has basically served as a "my first DC" in a lot of ways for me and I love it. People might rile against the "kiddy" batman but the tone of the show fits perfectly when introducing the less brooding and serious characters that have carried over from the silver age (I'm looking at you plastic man).

DIE, have you seen much of this series? Have you seen the musical episode with Niel Patrick Harris? Aquaman is a pretty shoddy superhero but they at least make him entertaining.

• 3 months later...

They've certainly got the look right - I was expecting a poorly executed 3D attempt (remember the god awful Clone Wars: Republic Heroes?). I'm not a fan of the series myself but if it turns out to be a fun game, I might be swayed into playing :)

oh no...oh no.....

have you people actually seen this show? its fukin atrocious

Haven't seen the show, but judging by the artwork I'm not expecting much from this game!
Pff, you guys obviously just don't get this series. It's hilarious - not taking itself seriously at all. Don't think Christian Bale or Tim Burton. Think Adam West. Think "Some days you just can't get rid of a bomb!"

Their Aquaman is amazing.

• 1 month later...

Saw the thread pop back up and it reminded me! There are a couple of dev walkthroughs that have surfaced on gametrailers since comic con. They give you a better idea of the gameplay than the trailers this being the better of the three.

http://www.gametrailers.com/video/e3-2010-batman-the/101780

The 2D art is beautiful (as expected from wayforward) and confirmation of the full voice cast is a relief. The gameply is still a little up in the air though. The walkthrough shows how awesome the co-op combat can be but there seems to be a suspicious lack of a block/dodge button. Lots of time spent lookng at the recovery animation.

The sidescrolling puzzles in boy and his blob worked nicely but I jus worry that the action might get a little frantic to feel like you're in control of anything.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...